Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

90 day reporting at immigration on Soi 5 question?

mcjimmys

Hi all, I will have to do my first 90 day reporting next week. I currently have a retirement visa. I want to go myself to immigration as I live very close to it. Can someone explain the procedures to me. What papers do I need to fill out? What do I need to bring ? Copy's of what? I own my condo in my name. Do I need to bring my bank book? I am just not sure what to do. Many thanks in advance.

You need your passport, the barcoded notice that your 90 day is due, and (perhaps) some sort of document to show your address. When I do mine, I just politely pass across my passport, the guy unstaples the 90 day slip, scans the barcode, generates a new slip, gives it to me to sign, removes the bottom part to staple back in my passport, and then hands back my passport. Usually in and out within ten minutes.

I have a housebook I bring along with me, but I haven't been asked to show it in years.

Thanks, it doesn't sound too difficult.

46 minutes ago, Garzan said:

You need your passport, the barcoded notice that your 90 day is due, and (perhaps) some sort of document to show your address. //

How could he get this document seeing that he said "I will have to do my first 90 day reporting next week" ?

So he will have to fill the TM-47 form,and to give some kind of proof of address (electricity or internet bills are ok) and the usual copies of important pages of the passport,

but - as he seem to be new for this Immigration Office - he should prepare to have to fill the (in)famous TM-30 too... (maybe...)

Is the 90 day Report by internet still operational.

One i tried last year was rejected but the next one with identical information on the Form was Approved.

I get the impression that my first was rejected because  it was my first 90 days after a visit back home. The second was accepted because I already had a slip with the report date which they can see on their computer..

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

1 hour ago, Oukiva said:

How could he get this document seeing that he said "I will have to do my first 90 day reporting next week" ?

So he will have to fill the TM-47 form,and to give some kind of proof of address (electricity or internet bills are ok) and the usual copies of important pages of the passport,

but - as he seem to be new for this Immigration Office - he should prepare to have to fill the (in)famous TM-30 too... (maybe...)

Well, I guess you're correct. Years and years ago when I did my first 90 day, I was on a non-imm O real visa, and I did need to fill out a TM-47. As soon as I started getting retirement extensions, the TM 47 got printed out by the Immigration Office, and all I had to do was sign it.

You may need to fill out the TM47 if it is your very first one.

I just uploaded the TM47 - 90 Day Report. It should be available if you click on downloads at the top of the page.  They are available at immigration and are quick and easy to fill out but you can save a few minutes if you want to have it already done when you go.

40 minutes ago, Goolabert said:

You may need to fill out the TM47 if it is your very first one.

I just uploaded the TM47 - 90 Day Report. It should be available if you click on downloads at the top of the page.  They are available at immigration and are quick and easy to fill out but you can save a few minutes if you want to have it already done when you go.

Yes that is wise but i always  keep a stock of the various forms as i prefer to fill them out before i go to Immigration.

Even if I have a filled in a Form, i always ask for a blank (or two) to take away for next time or to help out a friend..

Thanks again for your advice. It is my very first 90 day reporting. My retirement visa was issued in November 2016 but I only stayed in Thailand for 2 months then left for Cambodia.  I did not have to do the 90 day reporting. I came back into Thailand March 28 so before the 28 th of June I must report for the first time. I am sure it is no big deal but I wanted to be prepared as I know dealing with immigration can be difficult and time consuming. Thanks again.

OP:  Did you get a re-entry stamp before leaving for Cambodia?

Yes, I got the multiple entry stamp so I can come and go as I please. In the past I have spent a lot of time in Cambodia, but I am over Cambodia now. The traffic and the rude people are just too much for me. Much happier to be sitting at the beach here in Jomtien.

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:54 PM, Garzan said:

You need your passport, the barcoded notice that your 90 day is due, and (perhaps) some sort of document to show your address. When I do mine, I just politely pass across my passport, the guy unstaples the 90 day slip, scans the barcode, generates a new slip, gives it to me to sign, removes the bottom part to staple back in my passport, and then hands back my passport. Usually in and out within ten minutes.

I have a housebook I bring along with me, but I haven't been asked to show it in years.

I have never signed anything since they started scanning the barcode.

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:54 PM, Garzan said:

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:50 PM, Oukiva said:

Here they are: TM.47 and TM.30 (if needed):

tm47.doc

tm30.doc

12 hours ago, Houten Kop said:

Great for you. Not the same for me. 

I also have had to sign the form for the ninety days every time I go to immigration.  As always the rules seem to be applied differently in different immigration offices and also by different staff there.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

11 hours ago, Garzan said:

Great for you. Not the same for me. 

4 hours ago, udontony said:

I also have had to sign the form for the ninety days every time I go to immigration.  As always the rules seem to be applied differently in different immigration offices and also by different staff there.

In the past I signed the TM 47 document (and I still do prepare a TM 47 document just in case), but at Jomtien Immigration they now print the form with the barcode without asking to sign anything.

12 hours ago, b0b said:

In the past I signed the TM 47 document (and I still do prepare a TM 47 document just in case), but at Jomtien Immigration they now print the form with the barcode without asking to sign anything.

In Udon they print form from computer and ask you to sign it.  Then they cut off part of it and staple it into your passport, had to sign the form for long time now but still can be done in a few minutes, usually.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Follow Up. I went to immigration today for my 90 reporting. I got there at 8:00 a.m. Open for paperwork and get #. About 40 other people inside. One form to fill out and got a number. Filled out the form and took a seat. They started calling numbers at 8:30 a.m. I was #405. I had to wait 10 minutes to be called. Went to the counter and was done in 2 minutes. Very simple and straightforward. Back in September with a paper stapled to the back of my passport.  Thanks to all for your help. When you know what to expect it makes the process easier.  Thanks Again.

• 3 weeks later...

I was told I could get my 30 day extension up to 30 days before my 60 day expired but went today and was told only one week before. 

• 1 month later...

Something interesting. I have gotten 60 day visas at Thai Embassy in the USA and Cambodia for $40us but to extend for 30 days they charge over $55. I get the feeling they don't want us to stay more than 60 days.  

Post deleted.

2 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

Who are "they"?

THEY where the people at Jomtine Soi 5 immigration office Billy sorry you couldn't figure that out. 

19 minutes ago, Palaeojeo said:

THEY where the people at Jomtine Soi 5 immigration office Billy sorry you couldn't figure that out. Something interesting. I have gotten 60 day Visas at Thai Embassy in the USA and Cambodia for $40us but to extend for 30 days they charge over $55. I get the feeling they don't want us to stay more than 60 days.  

Your post:- "Something interesting. I have gotten 60 day Visas at Thai Embassy in the USA and Cambodia for $40us but to extend for 30 days they charge over $55. I get the feeling they don't want us to stay more than 60 days.  "

You only mentioned the Thai Embassies in USA and Cambodia and  as you said it was to cost  "over $55" I wondered if you  has tried to get the 30 days extension on top of your Tourist Visa there,  as at Jomtien you pay in Baht.

Archived