IGNORED

Planning a trip

cockneylad

Hi all, got 3 weeks in Thailand in September to oct 13th-5th, booked hotel in Bangkok for 6 nights looking to get to Pattaya after that for 10ish days and get 4/5 rounds in. Never golfed in Thailand before.

Need recommendations on courses and hotels to stay at. Prob look to rent a car myself from Bangkok and drive down.

want to stay near the night life action to unwind in the evening.

Oh and if anyone wants to play a round with me your welcome usually go round in anything from 80-100 so casual golfer here nothing serious. Going with a friend but he doesn't play golf so while he's nursing a hangover I'll be playing.

Join Pattaya Sports Club

Google it

They have bars running golf days everyday of the week

On 6/15/2017 at 3:39 PM, cockneylad said:

Hi all, got 3 weeks in Thailand in September to oct 13th-5th, booked hotel in Bangkok for 6 nights looking to get to Pattaya after that for 10ish days and get 4/5 rounds in. Never golfed in Thailand before.

Need recommendations on courses and hotels to stay at. Prob look to rent a car myself from Bangkok and drive down.

want to stay near the night life action to unwind in the evening.

Oh and if anyone wants to play a round with me your welcome usually go round in anything from 80-100 so casual golfer here nothing serious. Going with a friend but he doesn't play golf so while he's nursing a hangover I'll be playing.

You'll not regret it.

Golf in Thailand is amazing. I can't speak for other areas but around Pattaya you have over 20 clubs to choose from.

As MFKS says, join the PSC and check out the 12 or so golf bars.

I believe Sept/Oct can be wet particularly in the afternoon, so maybe a good idea to play in the mornings.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

On 15/06/2017 at 5:39 PM, cockneylad said:

Oh and if anyone wants to play a round with me your welcome ...

No doubt you'll find plenty of people to "play around" with you :D

Golf's not my thing but stayed in http://www.whitehousecondotel.com/ on Soi 13 a few times. Not a bad location, condos I stayed in where pretty nice and it's touted as a "golf hotel" (never even knew that was a thing until I stayed there!).

Give the Outbackgolfbar a look on the WWW......very friendly bunch of guys to hook up with, very reasonable deals for everyday golf, transport also arranged from your hotel.

Also Lewinskis in Soi 13/3(?)....great food, have lockers to store your clubs

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

Archived