Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Visa Advice

nellyb1979

I recently did a standard uk visitor app for my girlfriend however it was refused for 3 reasons; firstly because i got the date wrong in which we met, which raised a few questions, and second because we were applying for 6months and they didnt believe she could have that time from work so wouldnt return, and thirdly there was no dates on the photos that i put of us together.

On each point i can provide evidence of the right date and explain why i got it wrong (we have spent 3 Christmases together, so in putting down the date we met in my letter i put 2014 (17-3=14), not realising you count 17-i know). her boss has said they can give her letter confirming employment and can have1 month holiday).

with this in mind we are going to reapply asking only for a 1month visa, do i explain my error with the dates i can use a facebook photo which is dated and has location on to prove dates, or do I just ignore the fact the previous one was refused and just treat this as a new application?

Ah the problems of those from countries where this is even possible. [emoji6] the U.S. is very strict, if they aren't from the top 5% of wealth, no point in applying. And we don't even have the concept of a sponsored tourist visa.

I think I would make a new application, correcting the errors. They will ask about the previous one if they want. My first rule with bureaucracy - give them the minimum amount of info they ask. Don't start volunteering info.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

If you already experienced 3-times denial then it will be harder to get a new one,  the question is that it can be your undoing in an interview. I have seen interviews that have gone on smoothly until the visa officer asks a question that the applicant was obviously not prepared for. The weak and feeble answer the applicant gave became their undoing and resulted in a denial.

Ensure you are able to speak or write your answers clearly, avoid big grammar too, keep it short, simple and straight to the point, you stand a higher chance of getting your visa that way. If you want you can get a professional consultant to give you strong advice and recommendations to any third-party sites like this one https://www.migrationexpert.co.uk/visitor_visa/

25 minutes ago, randarost said:

If you already experienced 3-times denial then it will be harder to get a new one,  the question is that it can be your undoing in an interview. I have seen interviews that have gone on smoothly until the visa officer asks a question that the applicant was obviously not prepared for. The weak and feeble answer the applicant gave became their undoing and resulted in a denial.

Ensure you are able to speak or write your answers clearly, avoid big grammar too, keep it short, simple and straight to the point, you stand a higher chance of getting your visa that way. If you want you can get a professional consultant to give you strong advice and recommendations to any third-party sites like this one https://www.migrationexpert.co.uk/visitor_visa/

Very impressive and informative first post, and welcome to PA

It seems logical not to bring up the failed attempt unless they bring it up first. Then be prepared with your explanations.

Archived