IGNORED

First time in Koh Samui (GF broke up)

lonewolf77

Hey guys,

I had a trip booked to Koh Samui with my GF but we have since broken up and its too late to cancel the trip. Its my first time there. I am staying at Kanda Residences (its meant to be pretty nice with a private pool villa type scenario), I get the sad feeling they arent guest friendly, so i am not sure if that means i need to charge a fee and how much it is or if i just cant bring any company back at all. I am also not sure how far it is from any of the night life areas, It seems like chaweng and lamai are the 2 places.

What are the costs like for ST and LT as well as taxis back and forth from where i am staying?

• 1 month later...

Your not too far from Chaweng. Get to Ark Bar and Green Mango. The P4P scene is not great in Koh Samui but it is still there.

I have a friend in Koh Samui and its very quiet at the moment. I have not been to Samui for a long time so not sure what you would pay for ST and LT. I am assuming ST = 1000-1500 and LT 1500+

If its like Phuket they would have raised their Barfines to 1000b too. Maybe keep to ST or look into changing your hotel

Come see me at Sweet Bar Soi 6 Facebook 

Sweetbarsoi6.png

• 4 months later...

Also head to the street on approach to the "Reggae Bar".

Taxis are super expensive and corrupt as hell. Hiring a bike will be cheaper or jump on the open back busses (Hilux type vehicles). Don't ask the price first, just jump on the back and pay at the end (probably about 60 baht).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, HTC said:

Also head to the street on approach to the "Reggae Bar".

Taxis are super expensive and corrupt as hell. Hiring a bike will be cheaper or jump on the open back busses (Hilux type vehicles). Don't ask the price first, just jump on the back and pay at the end (probably about 60 baht).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Guy made his post asking questions almost 6 months ago...I reckon he's been there, done that by now...lol

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

28 minutes ago, The Sly Fox said:

Guy made his post asking questions almost 6 months ago...I reckon he's been there, done that by now...lol

true - but there is always see you next year :)

To the OP. Sorry to hear about the GF problem.

I went to Samui a few times years back. Really liked it, but it can get quite crowded during high season. Took GFs on 3 separate trips. Took the one over to the Green Mango area, where I spotted several nice looking ladies. Asked my GF about including a friend. She said a reluctant ok if you want, but I could tell she did not like the idea. I said only kidding, but wonder to this day if I should have pushed it harder.

I/We stayed at the Trade Winds, maybe not be what it used to be, but you can rent a small cottage at a reasonable price in Chawang.

http://www.tradewindsbylawana.com/

I spent one of my most memorable days in Thailand driving around the island with a lady friend on a motor bike. It wasn't the sex. It was being accepted into understanding the culture. One reason I am attracted to Thai ladies is that they seem to know how to instinctively tease me to the point of their surrender. Obviously, I am talking about going beyond bar girls.

Take care all.

Archived