IGNORED

View Talay 2 in Jomtien Thoughts?

lithtic

I am considering renting a condo for a month in Jomtien instead of Pattaya for my next visit.  For those of you with knowledge of these two buildings (2A and 2B) would you mind sharing your thoughts and whether or not you recommend them?

I'd like to get away from the daily and nightly hustle of Pattaya and actually feel like I'm relaxing on a beach somewhere, do the touristy stuff, all the while with the option of going to the mongering scene if I do choose to.

I found a youtube video someone took of the commute from Jomtien Beach to Walking Street on a moto taxi and it doesn't seem too bad - it seems about the same as going from Walking Street north to Soi 1 where the Holiday Inn is.

For those who have stayed in Jomtien, what do you find convenient and inconvenient being in this location?  What did you find great and what was annoying?  I know this is a broad question, since everyone has different priorities.

The rent is definitely cheaper than VT6 and for long stays 1-2 months, it seems too good to pass up.

The pool looks good, the baht bus access seems very easy, local restaurants deliver to the room, so I have read, easy access to the beach?  It looks like you have a bit of a walk from VT2.

For baht bus heading out of Walking Street to VT2, where exactly do they load up at?  I was told they stage somewhere until full, then head out.

thats where you get the baht bus, upto second road, cross over (if you don't get mown down) and they wait outside the school (you will see them waiting)

5937103271667_ScreenShot2017-06-06at21_26_00.png.2140fc01b336c6ccf1cc8bfdbd2ff137.png

I did a thread on Jomtien when I first stayed there 3 years ago:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I wrote this in response to a query from another BM about VT2A:

VT2A

I found VT2A very busy. Lots of long term residents, families, children, babies, Thais. The lobby was always bustling. The pool wasn't too busy though.

Very good laundry service on ground floor (I used the one nearest the lifts, but there are 4 or 5).

There's a 7-11 very close to the gates of VT2 and the 24 hour Foodmart is a 10 minute walk (turn right as you leave VT2). They have an excellent choice of western food - though some things aren't cheap. There's another small supermarket just to the left as you leave VT2. There are a few small shops on the ground floor of VT2 with all the basics. More expensive than 7-11 but handy if you forget something. I bought water there as it saved carrying it too far. 

Loads of restaurants near VT2. There are at least 3 in VT2. I used the one next to the pool & it was OK. They also run the sun lounger concession so may be cheaper to buy one if you're going to use them a lot (think it was 50 baht a day). They do offer free wifi for the pool that doesn't require hiring a lounger.

Turn left at the main road and Linda's is the first restaurant. Norwegian. Expensive in the evening but breakfast and lunch specials are OK. Then there's an expensive Italian and finally a 'pub' that is expensive, Russian & best avoided. Just across the road is the Pig & Whistle which is reliable for food. If you go past the Pig and round the corner towards the beach there are quite a few restaurants. Simon's Fish & Chips is good and it does decent Thai food as well as fish - katoey waitress has been there years. One final restaurant I'll mention is Olala on Dongtan Beach. Turn right as you reach the beach along the footpath and you'll find it in about 5-10 minutes. OK food whilst looking at the sea.

Here's the laundry receipt:

I think that just leaves security.

There's a fob that comes with the condo keys that opens the main door and the door to the pool.

There's a security guard at the outside gate that does nothing. There are more security at the car park entrance that check vehicles going in but not pedestrians.

There's a guard at the door who sometimes opens it for you, though I found some of them were too lazy, and there's one at the desk in the lobby.

None of my guests were asked for ID but it would be the guard at the desk that takes them if need be. No way of contacting them from the condo. You'd have to go down.

Any further questions after reading, please ask.

Stayed in 2A and hated it, the studio room and the commute to Pattaya.

Lindas has decent food like Davdige said. 

I tried it and wont be doing it again.

4 hours ago, lithtic said:

I am considering renting a condo for a month in Jomtien instead of Pattaya for my next visit.  For those of you with knowledge of these two buildings (2A and 2B) would you mind sharing your thoughts and whether or not you recommend them?

I'd like to get away from the daily and nightly hustle of Pattaya and actually feel like I'm relaxing on a beach somewhere, do the touristy stuff, all the while with the option of going to the mongering scene if I do choose to.

I found a youtube video someone took of the commute from Jomtien Beach to Walking Street on a moto taxi and it doesn't seem too bad - it seems about the same as going from Walking Street north to Soi 1 where the Holiday Inn is.

For those who have stayed in Jomtien, what do you find convenient and inconvenient being in this location?  What did you find great and what was annoying?  I know this is a broad question, since everyone has different priorities.

The rent is definitely cheaper than VT6 and for long stays 1-2 months, it seems too good to pass up.

The pool looks good, the baht bus access seems very easy, local restaurants deliver to the room, so I have read, easy access to the beach?  It looks like you have a bit of a walk from VT2.

For baht bus heading out of Walking Street to VT2, where exactly do they load up at?  I was told they stage somewhere until full, then head out.

If you have never stayed in Jomtien best to just book a guesthouse or hotel for the first 2-3 nights of your trip and see how you get on instead of booking a condo for 1-2 months and find you are spending a lot of time and Baht traveling to central Patts for the bars and GOGO bars.

Thanks for the excellent info.  At this point, it seems that the only advantage (for me) would be the drastic rent reduction instead of staying in VT6.

Sounds good.  I will stay the first few nights in Pattaya at a hotel and check out some of these condos in the daytime, but it sounds like the commute would get annoying after a day or so to me.

All personal preference.

3 minutes ago, Cheetos said:

another penny wise pound foolish thread.

I would say it prevented me from making a penny wise, pound foolish decision.

6 minutes ago, lithtic said:

I would say it prevented me from making a penny wise, pound foolish decision.

you got that right! hehe

I have made plenty of those mistakes.

\

You answered a few of your own questions/statements in your OP accurately.  Yes, longer commute time, more quiet, less traffic, much nicer pool for sure!  Baht bus bothered me the most as one had to wait until it fills up at second road intersection (noted on map above) with more than half of them Russians.  If on the 6, it totals 2 busses (sure, only 20 baht) and about an hour it seemed.  Poor and insufficient massage in VT2, have to walk about 2 blocks toward beach road to get to decent shops.  Walking distance to La Bocca (outstanding Italian restaurant) and several other nice places

I don't regret my stay at VT2, and in the right situation, girl, time-frame, would certainly do it again. 

Never stay jomtien high season. You will wave up to 10 baht buses through as they are packed with sweaty Russians
I moved to soi Buakhao and it was actually a relief

54 minutes ago, George810 said:

You answered a few of your own questions/statements in your OP accurately.  Yes, longer commute time, more quiet, less traffic, much nicer pool for sure!  Baht bus bothered me the most as one had to wait until it fills up at second road intersection (noted on map above) with more than half of them Russians.  If on the 6, it totals 2 busses (sure, only 20 baht) and about an hour it seemed.  Poor and insufficient massage in VT2, have to walk about 2 blocks toward beach road to get to decent shops.  Walking distance to La Bocca (outstanding Italian restaurant) and several other nice places

I don't regret my stay at VT2, and in the right situation, girl, time-frame, would certainly do it again. 

You do not have to take a Baht Bus at second Rd. Intersection. Walk past them 100 meter, then flag any passing Baht Bus down. With this you avoid the overly full Buses and, most of the time, you are faster off. 

That said, in high season I have waitet 10 and more minutes to get a Bus from Jomtien to Pattaya in the evening. Many are chartered and will not stop for you. Pita and one of the reasons I would not stay in Jomtien if I want to go many times to Pattaya. If you do go many times into Pattaya transport cost add up too. 

If you want a beach holiday of any sort scrap anywhere near pattaya/jomtiem

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I live in 2b, been here for 6 years and love it
It's off the main road so you don't get the noise, it's not busy this time of year, and the locals are great.
Easy access to WS 24/7 and more laid back.
You can't go wrong staying here mate 🤒

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Well shoot Mike, I missed it where might that be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2b... viewtalay [emoji57]

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
Well shoot Mike, I missed it where might that be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Funny I see how I read that wrong. When I saw 2b I thought two bedroom.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Archived