Tried to apply, but no way!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, soi16 said:

How is it works? Do I need buy new SIM?

Tried to apply, but no way!

How did you try to apply?

Truemove H still running until the 15th of Jan. if using Net SIM 4G.

180 days at 1 Mbps for 600 baht + V.A.T.  *900*9959#

365 days at  1Mbps for 1200 baht + V.A.T.  *900*9960#

180 days at 4 Mbps for 1400 baht + V.A.T  *900*9961#

365 days at 4 Mbps for 2500 baht + V.A.T  *900*9962#

For AIS you'll need to buy the SIM. Though you can call to see if they can apply it to your existing SIM.

42 minutes ago, JamJar said:

For AIS you'll need to buy the SIM. Though you can call to see if they can apply it to your existing SIM.

Thanks! 

I am going to Pat for the first time and I am wondering what is the best way to keep my phone active. It's unlocked, so that won't be an issue. My service provider offers roaming for a lot of countries, but it's really expensive. Buying a Thai SIM card in the airport would be enough to cover my phone needs during my vacation? Are the phone booths open late at night (I arrive after midnight). How much is unlimited service for 2 weeks?Thanks!

I am going to Pat for the first time and I am wondering what is the best way to keep my phone active. It's unlocked, so that won't be an issue. My service provider offers roaming for a lot of countries, but it's really expensive. Buying a Thai SIM card in the airport would be enough to cover my phone needs during my vacation? Are the phone booths open late at night (I arrive after midnight). How much is unlimited service for 2 weeks?Thanks!
They should be open at that time. The airport is still busy.

I would like to see if anyone has any nee True codes for a deal. I arrive Jan 30.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Arrived at BKK Airport last night, went to the True shop. After a short attempt to "up sell" me to a Tourist Package, I eventually convinced them that all I needed was a SIM and then I'd top up on my own (it's handy to have a screenshot of the top-up packages to show them you know what you're doing!).

2GB per 7 days for 99 Baht, the SIM turned out to be free.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/topping/4g_topping_en.html

18 hours ago, HenryTO said:

Depends on the provider you choose and the speed that you need.

Unlimited 1 Mbps for 30 days with any of the networks is 321 baht.

Unlimited 4 Mbps goes from 161 baht per week to 482 baht per 30 days

There are also 6 Mbps and 10 Mbps and max Speed  packages from which to choose with the various providers.

On 12/01/2018 at 14:54, JamJar said:

Truemove H still running until the 15th of Jan. if using Net SIM 4G.

These packages (at least the 365 day one) are still available with a big but: they dont seem to work with numbers that have been in use for more than 3 months. Anyone trying to get these packages for use with an older number may have problems, as I did. In the end, after more than an hour of trying, a big True shop could not do it without issuing a new SIM and a new number, so I let it drop. I queried them about it being just the wrong type of SIM rather than the wrong type of number, but they said "no".

The SIM in question worked fine with the 7-day 4mbs package a month or two ago, so who knows what's really going on. A shame as that 365 day package would have done me just fine for use in the car and when travelling.

25 minutes ago, soi16 said:

Can not keep the old number with the new SIM?

Apparently not, though that is exactly what they did the last time they replaced my SIM card so I dont really see why they cant do it now. With this package it all seems to be related to the age of the number rather than the SIM, as I mentioned, so maybe it's more to do with it being a promo directed at new customers?

Two nice people in a big Bangkok True shop spent over an hour trying to thrash this out, and called their main office several times about it, without success. In the end they refunded me the 2700B top-up.

However, I have lived here a long time and I know the ropes so I will be trying in a different True shop next week.

On 19/01/2018 at 16:09, KittenKong said:

These packages (at least the 365 day one) are still available with a big but: they dont seem to work with numbers that have been in use for more than 3 months. Anyone trying to get these packages for use with an older number may have problems, as I did. In the end, after more than an hour of trying, a big True shop could not do it without issuing a new SIM and a new number, so I let it drop. I queried them about it being just the wrong type of SIM rather than the wrong type of number, but they said "no".

The SIM in question worked fine with the 7-day 4mbs package a month or two ago, so who knows what's really going on. A shame as that 365 day package would have done me just fine for use in the car and when travelling.

You needed to change the promo to NET SIM 4G to get the 365 day package and to have completed it by the 15th of this month.

3 hours ago, HBIAT said:

You needed to change the promo to NET SIM 4G to get the 365 day package and to have completed it by the 15th of this month.

As I explained, the price/package was still valid and available as of the 19th. This was confirmed by two True shops and their head office on the phone.

Getting a new SIM, if necessary, is not a problem but losing my old number is. So that's where it stopped.

On 21/01/2018 at 11:15, KittenKong said:

As I explained, the price/package was still valid and available as of the 19th. This was confirmed by two True shops and their head office on the phone.

Getting a new SIM, if necessary, is not a problem but losing my old number is. So that's where it stopped.

As explained;

You needed to change the promo (of your existing SIM) to NET SIM 4G to get the 365 day package ......

I did the True Move tourist SIM 4gb/8 days or something when in BKK last time, no issues.

I had good WiFi at the hotel so used that to not use up my Data. 

Whether there's a company that has better connectivity in Pattaya or not, I have no clue.  I will be staying longer this time, so about 10-14 days would be what I would need.

9 hours ago, HBIAT said:

As explained;

You needed to change the promo (of your existing SIM) to NET SIM 4G to get the 365 day package ......

As explained, you cant. Confirmed by two different True shops and their head office. It simply is not possible if your number has been active for more than a few months.

The only option is to get a new SIM with a new number. If you do that there is no problem at all getting this package. But I dont want a new number as it would be tedious.

6 hours ago, soi16 said:

If you have dual sim telefon could be worth use the new sim only for internet, no calls at all.

Indeed. I do have a dual-SIM phone but both SIM slots are already in use, hence my Desire to get this package with my existing True number (with or without changing SIM).

What I would need for this is a triple-SIM phone.

4 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Indeed

I think will try this one for ½ year with 4mb. 1400b inc vat. Only for net, no calls or sms, will block everything.

Terms and Conditions (SIM Net Marathon at 4 Mbps)
  • SIM Price at 2,500 Baht (Valid for 12 months)
  • SIM Price at 1,400 Baht (Valid for 6 months)
  • Enjoy unlimited internet at speed 4 Mbps
  • Call in AIS 1 Baht/hour
  • Call to other networks 1 Baht/minute
  • SMS 2 Baht/message, MMS 3 Baht/message

1 hour ago, soi16 said:

I think will try this one for ½ year with 4mb. 1400b inc vat.

Seems similar to the True one, though I noticed that you can actually get the 12 month True one on Lazada for under 2000B total, with no extra VAT charge.

I used True's 4Mbs package extensively in my car (Spotify) round northern Thailand and found it worked just about everywhere, even in the back of beyond. But I've not tried any of the others and I always wonder how good their national coverage is.

I'll probably stick with True Move when I get back in May... it was always fast and it looks to be well covered in Pattaya in 4G+.

Archived