Jump to content
IGNORED

Opey de Place


Kim_74

Recommended Posts

Saw a youtube vid from Kev-in-Thailand, where he mentioned Opey de Place as a good bargain.

Any comments on this hotel? Location seems very good, at least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bangkok112 has a recent vlog on you tube of the rooms

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had a wander round when staying over the road at the China garden hotel. Medium sized place, nice small pool in the middle. The rooms were a little sparse but large and clean, if slightly dated. For the price they were good value and being set well back from the road, much quieter than most places on that street and you a 1 minute walk to LK Metro so location wise is excellent.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I stayed there during Songkran and I would rather pay a bit more for something nicer. My reason is the pool is a risky place to wander if it's not clean. And it certainly wasn't when I was there. The rooms are dated and the beds are okay but not what I would call comfy. Food and service were great. For the same price Sutus court 1 looked a bit better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Kim_74 said:

Saw a youtube vid from Kev-in-Thailand, where he mentioned Opey de Place as a good bargain.

Any comments on this hotel? Location seems very good, at least.

Definitely recommend it. Its cheap, Rooms are really big with air con, the pool area is decent and there is a small restaurant area that does decent food. Also its really close to LK Metro and numerous other bars on soi diana. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sundog64 said:

I stayed there during Songkran and I would rather pay a bit more for something nicer. My reason is the pool is a risky place to wander if it's not clean. And it certainly wasn't when I was there. The rooms are dated and the beds are okay but not what I would call comfy. Food and service were great. For the same price Sutus court 1 looked a bit better. 

Have a friend who stayed at Sutus Court (not sure wich nr, but something mid-range), and he wasn't too impressed. He said it was quite dated as well, and not very comfy beds. But I guess it depends on wich wing you choose :) 

My price range is around 1000 baht pr night, so there are probably lots of possibilities in september :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Kim_74 said:

Have a friend who stayed at Sutus Court (not sure wich nr, but something mid-range), and he wasn't too impressed. He said it was quite dated as well, and not very comfy beds. But I guess it depends on wich wing you choose :) 

My price range is around 1000 baht pr night, so there are probably lots of possibilities in september :)

Check out Dapartments. I'm staying there next time. 660 baht incl taxes. Pool on the roof. Rooms in the new block should be close to your price range as well. I booked through Agoda

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Kim_74 said:

Saw a youtube vid from Kev-in-Thailand, where he mentioned Opey de Place as a good bargain.

Any comments on this hotel? Location seems very good, at least.

Going back 10 years used to be a cracking hotel  but the rooms are in dire need of a refurbishment .but if you can put up with old worn out rooms the location is spot on and the swimming pool is a really nice touch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Pheat said:

Going back 10 years used to be a cracking hotel  but the rooms are in dire need of a refurbishment .but if you can put up with old worn out rooms the location is spot on and the swimming pool is a really nice touch.

+1 - I have been at Opey 6 times, last time 3 years ago.

Before it was a craking hotel, very good value for the money, but now a days it is very worn out and the cleaning of rooms and swinning pool is nor up to standard.

I do not use Opey anymore        

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I stayed at opey a few years back, rooms were basic but big, pool was a nice touch.

security boxes at reception, in a separate room.  Nothing special about the place anymore and stay elsewhere now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On May 27, 2017 at 5:12 AM, Kim_74 said:

Saw a youtube vid from Kev-in-Thailand, where he mentioned Opey de Place as a good bargain.

Any comments on this hotel? Location seems very good, at least.

I like the Opey de Place, although it is not the most luxurious choice the rooms are clean and comfortable. The Internet is good (although you are asked to log in every 24 hours), the swimming pool is good and the restaurant (that closes around 7pm) provides good basic meals and snacks during the day.

I also find that the staff are all very nice from the cleaners, reception staff, repair man and girls in the restaurant. It is one of the reasons I choose to stay here for at least part of my time in Pattaya.

I would suggest that you go on YouTube as there are a few videos on there that show the rooms and will assist you in making a decision. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What timing staying here soon so good to get feedback about the place. I too chose it because of kev in thailands video and the location is good I have not explored the soi buakou area or the side sois that come off it so it is perfect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like others said it is dated but is a great location,  The reception wouldnt give me any extra towels  after 11pm she said she had no access which I thought was a bit pissweak and she carried on doing her nails and squeezing her pimples, so I got some the next day from the friendly cleaners, I only stayed 3 nights while waiting for a vacancy at my usual place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMHO it's a shithole. I stayed there last year for a couple of days. Only because I payed in advance and wanted to get my moneys worth.

Dirty, filthy. Don't dare to draw the linen away to look at the matress.

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. Walk up Soi Lenkey a few metres and you'll find nice guesthouses, no pool though..

T.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had a look round this place and viewed the poolside rooms. Proper shit hole. They had bars over the windows of the ground floor poolside rooms to stop previously reported thefts. Felt like a Spanish prison 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Madzar said:

What timing staying here soon so good to get feedback about the place. I too chose it because of kev in thailands video and the location is good I have not explored the soi buakou area or the side sois that come off it so it is perfect.

You are better off staying in the Nature View just around the corner on Soi Buakou similar price.But much nicer rooms as the hotel is only 6 years old.The Opey needs millions of Baht spent to refurbish the hotel back to a decent standard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Pheat said:

You are better off staying in the Nature View just around the corner on Soi Buakou similar price.But much nicer rooms as the hotel is only 6 years old.The Opey needs millions of Baht spent to refurbish the hotel back to a decent standard. 

Already booked and paid for...Doesn't matter it should be ok will look up nature view for my trip towards the end of the year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I stayed here in Feb 2016 for 4 nights, paid about 900bt per night. A great location in the area I always stay around LK Metro

Big room on the top floor, there is a lift,  room was clean but paintwork was a bit scuffed, bed was fine, AC was old & noisy but worked well, WIFI was good, big fridge, room safe, old-fashioned tv (I never use tv's in rooms) table & chair provided, bathroom decent size, small balcony, staff were good & friendly . Only had noise 1 night when the guy in the room next to me came back at 3am, fell asleep with the tv on loud. Staff sorted it out straight away

I never used the pool, big restaurant area on the ground floor

For anybody looking for a decent cheap place , I think its ok 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

For a cheap hotel with a pool it is decent. 

Staff are nice and the pool gets the sun for most of the day. 

Great location. Stayed there a few times. Last time a year ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.