IGNORED

Will my iphone7 work on Dtac/etc in Thailand?

I have an unlocked US Sprint Iphone7, that was purchased last November.

Do I have to contact sprint or anything to use it in Thailand, or just land and drop in a SIM card?

Thanks.

IYKYK

26 minutes ago, speedtoy said:

I have an unlocked US Sprint Iphone7, that was purchased last November.

Do I have to contact sprint or anything to use it in Thailand, or just land and drop in a SIM card?

Thanks.

You need a GSM phone, and looks like you have one:

From: https://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/08/att-and-tmobile-iphone-7-models-lack-cdma/

"A customer that purchases an iPhone 7 from Apple's website and selects Verizon as their carrier, on the other hand, would also be able to use the smartphone on AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, or any other GSM or CDMA network. "
So, yes, just drop in the SIM.

Yes. My iPhone 7 has a DTAC sim in it.

if it is unlocked and being sprint I doubt it.  easy way to check, put in a sim in the us with a freinds sim from another company.  otherwise you gotta make a deal with them in advance to use it over here, you can buy minutes for a reasonable sum, if you dont you can have a thousand dollar bill coming

12 hours ago, just hanging said:

if it is unlocked and being sprint I doubt it.  easy way to check, put in a sim in the us with a freinds sim from another company.  otherwise you gotta make a deal with them in advance to use it over here, you can buy minutes for a reasonable sum, if you dont you can have a thousand dollar bill coming

JH:

Sprint Iphone7's are all "unlocked", only issue is they have to be 51 days old to GET unlocked by spring.

Was just unsure on the chip/network usability.

IYKYK

10 hours ago, speedtoy said:

JH:

Sprint Iphone7's are all "unlocked", only issue is they have to be 51 days old to GET unlocked by spring.

Was just unsure on the chip/network usability.

if they are really unlocked then all the sims will work in them.  you must make sure they are since they lie to you.    try a freinds sim from another company, if it works then it is really unlocked, if it doesn't it is locked

google sprint iphone 7 unlocked or locked.   many are locked.  here is one post havent read any

Then you should be OK had a SIM fitted to my phone both trips to Pattaya took about 5 mins to do it all set and working at Bangkok Airport.

4 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Then you should be OK had a SIM fitted to my phone both trips to Pattaya took about 5 mins to do it all set and working at Bangkok Airport.

Ill probly wait until I get to patts, unless you can recommend a good shop at the airport for this.

Been burned by sim setups at airports before..

IYKYK

19 minutes ago, speedtoy said:

Ill probly wait until I get to patts, unless you can recommend a good shop at the airport for this.

Been burned by sim setups at airports before..

Did it at Bangkok Airport so easy loads of Booths just went to the first with a spare assistant they did everything and checked it only wanted it for data, 1 month plan 549 Baht with some call credit, using their special International code 1 baht per min to phone home idea for a tourist if you are staying longer probably cheaper at a shop. 

Ya...only need data, thanks!

I will have my work phone if I need to call someone I know back home.

IYKYK

When you go into a bar check your bin receipt in some bars it has the wifi code on it !

1 minute ago, mbamber said:

When you go into a bar check your bin receipt in some bars it has the wifi code on it !

Oh ya..of course, not new to patts, just new to this phone.

DId well...took a change on a craigslist Iphone7 128G for $350....sometimes you roll the dice well.

IYKYK

4 minutes ago, speedtoy said:

Oh ya..of course, not new to patts, just new to this phone.

DId well...took a change on a craigslist Iphone7 128G for $350....sometimes you roll the dice well.

£700 new in the UK you did very well, I just use a cheap one Moto G 4th gen but it is duel sim so very handy.

1 hour ago, speedtoy said:

Sure did, I just coughed up 35,000 baht for a 256Gb iPhone 7 at the Apple shop in Central Festival Mall. I got pink, I figure some girl will steal it anyway, eventually.

2 hours ago, mbamber said:

£700 new in the UK you did very well, I just use a cheap one Moto G 4th gen but it is duel sim so very handy.

Ya...when I inspected it before buying, it was in Spanish, last connected to TIM in Brazil...go figure.

But..it's done being traded and sold for meth...   :)

Not every craigslist phone deal goes this well...

IYKYK

Archived