IGNORED

Need Hotel Recommendation in Soi Buakhao

chikkoo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/05/2017 at 11:13, chikkoo said:

Hi PA buddies,

Yeeh...I am coming in 2 weeks, 6th time going to Pattaya with couple of friends.

Earlier we stayed in Opey De Place, R-Con @Siam, R-Con Residence, etc. This time we want to stay in a different hotel around Opey De Place  in Soi Buakhao or Soi Diana.

AS per our budget THB 800-1200 per day, per person is allotted for rooms. 

Our main requirement is Neat and Clean Room near Action Area (LK Metro). Optional (if available), breakfast, wifi, swimming pool, 

Your recommendations appreciated.

Hello Chikkoo

There are a plethora of hotels and guesthouses in that area and for your budget you would have the choice of some very well appointed rooms, but they can also be a mixed bag in terms of cleanliness and amenities...my advice to you would be to get any room for 1 night and then have a look around to find one that suits your needs...it's much better to find one once you are here as you can take a look at the rooms and pick up a sense of the vibe

I can highly recommend the LK Royal Suites in Soi Buakhao. It is right on the West end of the Soi. All the rooms are Suites and they are guest friendly. The suite I stayed in had a large bedroom, a huge bathroom, a kitchen area and a dining area. Safe, TV in the bedroom and front room, Jacuzzi bath etc it had it all.

I never made it downstairs for breakfast but a couple of other guys did and they had no complaints. 

The bonus for me is that is very central and has a guest car park. I had a hire car so this place was perfect. Motorcycle taxi outside the hotel and the occasional baht bus. 

3 hours ago, psm916 said:

I can highly recommend the LK Royal Suites in Soi Buakhao. It is right on the West end of the Soi. All the rooms are Suites and they are guest friendly. The suite I stayed in had a large bedroom, a huge bathroom, a kitchen area and a dining area. Safe, TV in the bedroom and front room, Jacuzzi bath etc it had it all.

I never made it downstairs for breakfast but a couple of other guys did and they had no complaints. 

The bonus for me is that is very central and has a guest car park. I had a hire car so this place was perfect. Motorcycle taxi outside the hotel and the occasional baht bus. 

Be careful booking here they have some none suite rooms that are in another block across the small Soi that runs down to the LK Royal Wing that are definitely not value for money. 

28 minutes ago, devee8 said:

We have a deluxe balcony room available which meets your budget, Have a look at pictures on our website.

Recommend this room 100%. Awesome value for money balcony rooms at Boomerang.

LK renaissance if you book during specials might hit your upper end of the budget. No gym. 3rd level has a pool. King Bed. Very close to LK Metro

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/05/2017 at 4:42 PM, devee8 said:

We have a deluxe balcony room available which meets your budget, Have a look at pictures on our website.

Hi mate,

Can you please let me know how much for the superior rooms from 27th July till 1st August ?

Also, does it have digital safe/lockers and is smoking allowed in the room. Any joiner fees more more than 1 guests

18 minutes ago, ronkhu said:

Hi mate,

Can you please let me know how much for the superior rooms from 27th July till 1st August ?

Also, does it have digital safe/lockers and is smoking allowed in the room. Any joiner fees more more than 1 guests

i took these pics in boomerang last year which answer 2 of the above.................

5945283b259ac_aug20014(Custom).JPG.bf21232f85876aca1ded9b7b6141cb31.JPG

5945285946c12_aug20033(Custom).JPG.cb3ef8e4611ffe7e34d7eacc45b222a1.JPG

26 minutes ago, striderman said:

i took these pics in Boomerang last year which answer 2 of the above.................

5945283b259ac_aug20014(Custom).JPG.bf21232f85876aca1ded9b7b6141cb31.JPG

5945285946c12_aug20033(Custom).JPG.cb3ef8e4611ffe7e34d7eacc45b222a1.JPG

Thanks Striderman !!!! Hope i can smoke in balcony 

4 minutes ago, ronkhu said:

Thanks Striderman !!!! Hope i can smoke in balcony 

No problems smoking on the balcony. 

On 2017-5-9 at 9:22 PM, chikkoo said:

Thanks for your reply Tez4life.

I have been looking at this hotel since last year, but somewhere I read a review that said the rooms are dated and cockroaches are in the rooms, then I dropped it.

I've stayed at Nature View a few times. Rooms are clean and never seen a roach. Comparing hotels, I would say Nature View is slightly cleaner and nicer than Opey de Place.

I do like the trees that provide shade around the pool at Opey de Place.
If you like sun, Nature View's pool is better.

Looking through online hotel booking sites, there are some really nice hotels that have discounted their prices for low season. If you can stretch your budget an extra couple of hundred baht a night, there are some really good deals out there.

On 08/06/2017 at 7:27 PM, Bertman said:

Winning place stayed there at xmas big rooms was ok. D apartments next door to it D hotel and NP hotel at the new plaza 

Have to agree here totally stayed at the older D1 Apartment in March for 22 nights at 15,500 baht.

Then have just stayed here again for 1 month for 18,700 it's a great place my room same as in March

overlooking the plaza was great cannot fault it cleaned everyday with lilly white bedding will book here

again without fail love the place although for you no balcony.

D xpress apartments is a good hotel on a side soi between buakhao and 3rd road (chaloem prakiet 11) stayed there 19 nights late april and early may and it was well worth the money and in your price range.

ling noi

On 5/12/2017 at 2:49 PM, barmatt said:

D Hotel is good value for money.

In my recent visit I visited D hotel to check their rooms. hotel looks really good, but the standard rooms are without view. Superior or Deluxe rooms have view (small Balcony). Will try it one of my future visits.

Finally, we stayed our tested hotel R-con @siam. First booked for 2 days, later we got best deal, so we decided to continue for rest of the days. We had a great time for 8 days in that hotel.

Next time thinking of booking at D hotel or D Apartment 1.

On 6/17/2017 at 10:41 PM, ronkhu said:

Hi mate,

Hi Ronkhu, Did you get your reply re cost ? if not PM me, thanks

7 hours ago, devee8 said:

Hi Ronkhu, Did you get your reply re cost ? if not PM me, thanks

Hi devee,

Thanks for your follow up mate but i did not get any response.

anyways my hotel is now booked and am good to go....i have booked the same hotel where i lived on my first trip.....it was at an awesome location, nicely priced and large rooms with sofa and tv etc.

Now i need one last help and that is regarding my airport dropp off from pattaya back to suvarnabhumi airport.......i have an early morning flight which means i have to leave late at night, may be at around 3-4 AM.....any one has any idea what would be my best mode of transport for suc an odd time ?

• 3 months later...

Been a while since someone posted on this thread but hopefully I will get some feedback

Definitely going to try and book nature's view  hotel for my next trip (cheaper than the areca ) 

Lack of room safe worries me, so what size padlock will I need to lock the already locked safe down at reception? (rather bring one over than go shopping for one once there ) 

Are the Pool view rooms reasonably  quiet? 

I take it the Baht bus goes  past the hotel  and takes you onto 2nd Road? 

Cheers for any replys and extra info if you have the time 

I've never used the front desk safes, so no idea on that part. 

Pool view rooms have no street noise, so as far as that goes, they are very quiet. That is, unless you have a neighbor who comes in at 3AM and starts a fight with his barfine. That's a hazard of Pattaya, and nothing you can really do about that. :-)

The deluxe pool view rooms are on the ends of the building, so you only have to worry about a neighbor on one wall, instead of two walls.

For Second Rd, IMO it would take you longer to get to Second Rd via Baht Bus than it would just walking it. Soi 15 is just across from Nature View. Walk down to the back of The Avenue shopping complex, walk through it, and you are at Second Rd.

16 hours ago, Lucky6pence said:

Been a while since someone posted on this thread but hopefully I will get some feedback

Definitely going to try and book nature's view  hotel for my next trip (cheaper than the areca ) 

Lack of room safe worries me, so what size padlock will I need to lock the already locked safe down at reception? (rather bring one over than go shopping for one once there ) 

Are the Pool view rooms reasonably  quiet? 

I take it the Baht bus goes  past the hotel  and takes you onto 2nd Road? 

Cheers for any replys and extra info if you have the time 

nature-view-hotel.jpg

1 hour ago, GreyMan said:

nature-view-hotel.jpg

What an absolute pain in the arse that is! Who wants to leave their passport, wallet etc three or four floors away from where they are sitting?

Walked  by Areca Lodge yesterday and pretty sure i saw them advertising 700.single and 900.double. That's a great deal considering shop house style guesthouses are asking similar prices.

Archived