IGNORED

Need Hotel Recommendation in Soi Buakhao

chikkoo

Hi PA buddies,

Yeeh...I am coming in 2 weeks, 6th time going to Pattaya with couple of friends.

Earlier we stayed in Opey De Place, R-Con @Siam, R-Con Residence, etc. This time we want to stay in a different hotel around Opey De Place  in Soi Buakhao or Soi Diana.

AS per our budget THB 800-1200 per day, per person is allotted for rooms. 

Our main requirement is Neat and Clean Room near Action Area (LK Metro). Optional (if available), breakfast, wifi, swimming pool, 

Your recommendations appreciated.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always stayed at nature view and meets all your requirements!

Breakfast extra not included in room price^^

Thanks for your reply Tez4life.

I have been looking at this hotel since last year, but somewhere I read a review that said the rooms are dated and cockroaches are in the rooms, then I dropped it.

30 minutes ago, chikkoo said:

Thanks for your reply Tez4life.

I have been looking at this hotel since last year, but somewhere I read a review that said the rooms are dated and cockroaches are in the rooms, then I dropped it.

I have a mate who has stayed at nature view every trip for a few years , loves the place. Lack of in room safe is a deal breaker for me, shame.

I wouldn't trust all the hotel reviews as many are by competitors, just the broader scale.

Golden sea a bit further down S/B(15) is another place I have heard decent reports on, in your budget as well.

If you don't mind guesthouses...English Rose and Canterbury Tales are good options. If not there is also Areca Lodge but that is slightly out of your range.

I've never seen any cockroaches in the 5 times I've stayed there but I've not been for nearly 2 years. I like the lockers arrangement. I put everything in a locked cash tin, locked with locker key then a big fad padlock of my own on it. Idear is they have to get past 2 locks then take the entire cash tin not knowing what's inside, can't just note dip!

The newer section of Sutus Court with rooms overlooking the car park (not Bukhaow).It's a stone throw away from the Bukahow/Diana/Lengkee intersection. Personally I won't stay there again due to a row over me bringing back 2 girls but those rooms are clean, quiet and wifi speed was acceptable.  

Thanks for all the comments, I will keep Nature View in top of the list.

What you guys think about Sutus Court 1-5 & Vogue.

Am thinking of upping THB 200 more (to make it THB1400) and looking for deals to get: Areca Lodge, LK Renaissance or LK Metropole

I noticed your post about Sutus court after my post.

BTW, what is the Sutus court number that is overlooking the car park.

13 minutes ago, carnalknowledge said:

The newer section of Sutus Court with rooms overlooking the car park (not Bukhaow).It's a stone throw away from the Bukahow/Diana/Lengkee intersection. Personally I won't stay there again due to a row over me bringing back 2 girls but those rooms are clean, quiet and wifi speed was acceptable.  

I noticed your post about Sutus court after my post.

BTW, what is the Sutus court number that is overlooking the car park.

TBH I can't remember the wing number. I just know that the rooms is the priciest they had when I stayed there. 850-900 THB but that's going back 5 years. Its the main building overlooking the street but back rooms overlook carpark.    

If Sutus Court 1 is the newest, most recently refurbished section then yes it is. I stayed in all wings in the past and that's my opinion.

If in Central Pattaya I now often opt for the aircon + fan 500-600 THB a night rooms facing 3rd Road at the BriEnjoy hotel on Bukahow. The hotel is in need of complete renovation but as a base it does nicely and has a dated 1970's charm. I tried staying elsewhere on many occasions but factors like price/location/relaxed attitude/reasonable sized room/garden view plus peace and quiet often mean I end up back at the BriEnjoy. The rooms facing Soi Bukahow are to be avoided as they are noisy and small. The hotel gets slated online by reviewers but I stayed in 3-4 other places last trip a couple of months ago and it was a relief to get back to the BriEnjoy.

I was paying 900=1000 a night at places like Eastiny and AA Residence between Second Rd and Beach Rd. Stroppy cheating staff or dirty smelly rooms are not my bag. Steer clear of both.

Why dont you have a look at d appartement ? Its great . I stayed at d express ,but that was a bit Further into the soi. If you want to be closer to the road of soi bakhouw then stay at d appartment instead. Excellent location including pool and within your pricerange 

.If you can climb stairs I highly recommend English Rose guest house , Superb location and value for money ,, lovely place..terrific value

J and P court, near the opey, in the price range and has a pool

I stay at Nature View when I come down to Pattaya with my wife. I have yet to see a cockroach, but cockroaches in warm, tropical climates happen. (I suppose part of it is having lived in Hawaii for several years, I know that no matter how clean you keep your house, you'll probably still see the occasional cockroach.) Anyway, Nature View meets all your stated requirements. My only small problem with Nature View, and it's not enough not to stay there, is that there are no room safes. If you need to lock something up they have facilities to do that behind reception.

One thing you don't mention is how well you deal with noise. I've tried staying at Canterbury Tales (English Rose is probably the same). I'm a light sleeper, and could not sleep with all the music going on all night. I doubt I'd ever stay on Soi Chayapoon again--not because there aren't nice rooms, but because I don't rent rooms where I can't sleep. :-)

One of my favorite places, and definitely not "dated" is 247 Boutique on Soi 11/Soi Honey. Pool, wifi, breakfast (at Honey Inn), and clean modern rooms. Might be a tiny bit over your stated budget though.

On 5/9/2017 at 11:01 PM, chikkoo said:

Am thinking of upping THB 200 more (to make it THB1400) and looking for deals to get: Areca Lodge, LK Renaissance or LK Metropole

I have stayed at Areca two times - good rooms, two pools, small gym, breakfast.

I booked on Agoda. Also suggest check trivago.com - The world’s top hotel price comparison site  Suspect the price inc breakfast may be more than 1400 but worth looking and perhaps just take the plunge.

PS Just checked rates for July on hotels.com. Start at 1460 per night. 

I always stayed at Areca until 2013, I think you will find its nearer 1600 per night and thats not the rooms I had in my stays. I found my mongering got in the way of using the facilities but I am a loner maybe as a group you may use the facilities?

Another vote for J&P court. Very similar to Opey de Place but better rooms, IMHO. They don't sell through the usual web based agencies and if it is a busy period you need someone to pop in with a couple of thousand deposit for you. 

1 minute ago, thinkingallowed said:

Another vote for J&P court. Very similar to Opey de Place but better rooms, IMHO. They don't sell through the usual web based agencies and if it is a busy period you need someone to pop in with a couple of thousand deposit for you. 

yep. i have never stayed there but i have a mate who is married and been coming to thailand for years who has used J and P many times on his trips to pattaya. if it was crap he would not repeat.

On 9 May 2017 at 7:11 PM, Amon_Amarth said:

If you don't mind guesthouses...English Rose and Canterbury Tales are good options. If not there is also Areca lodge but that is slightly out of your range.

On 11 May 2017 at 7:39 AM, standard said:

.If you can climb stairs I highly recommend English Rose guest house , Superb location and value for money ,, lovely place..terrific value

Thanks for the good words guys, always appreciated.

For the OP, my rooms are 600, 650 and 750 inclusive of amenities, no breakfast but there are a couple of cafes either side of me where you'll get a full English for around 100 baht, no pool either but as you know you can go as a guest to most hotels with a pool.

We are a 2 minute walk to LK Metro..very central.

Have a look at my room through my website hi-lighted below, if I can help PM me.

Cheers

ER

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Thanks for all the useful replies.

EnglishRose looking nice and very cheap. However, this time we are looking for some nice hotels, next time we will give a try.

I crossed near J&P many times, but never thought it will suite us, let me look at this place once again.

Archived