Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Need some advice on water and Electricity costs

chang 1974

Hi I need a rough guide as to how much water and electricity would cost for a month as I'm planing a trip and was thinking about renting a condo instead of staying in hotel obviously it all depends on how much you stay in room but just a rough idea would be great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

500 baht for water; 1500 baht for electric. All in less than a hundred USA dollars per month: ask the rate for each before you sign a lease, should be less than 8 baht per electric unit and maybe as much as 50 baht per unit of water. Some unscrupuless landlords cheap like the dickens when it come to charging for electric.

I used to pay 3000 baht a month for electric at government rates running my AC 24/7. Water is nothing.

Thanks for the info guys much appreciated

I stayed a month in VT5C over Christmas with Dancewatchers.

Water was a flat rate of 500 baht for the month.

Electricity was by meter. I had the aircon on whenever I was in (24-26 degrees) and switched it off when I went out. It was around 3300 baht for the month.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

What exactly is the "government rate" for water and elec please?  My condo is charging "government rate" - is there an official webpage somewhere I can copy to insist on those prices to the landlady?

46 minutes ago, SirL said:

What exactly is the "government rate" for water and elec please?  My condo is charging "government rate" - is there an official webpage somewhere I can copy to insist on those prices to the landlady?

Haven't checked recently but last time I paid was around 3.5 baht per unit.

The unit rate is something I forgot to mention for the OP to check. I was charged 5.5 baht per unit (I think - lousy memory - may have been 5).

I stayed a month in VT5C over Christmas with Dancewatchers.
Water was a flat rate of 500 baht for the month.
Electricity was by meter. I had the aircon on whenever I was in (24-26 degrees) and switched it off when I went out. It was around 3300 baht for the month.

Thanks for the reply,s Dancewatches I was thinking of staying with as I don't know any others did see some on this site but I can not seam find it now if I remember correctly you posted it lol

5 minutes ago, chang 1974 said:

Thanks for the reply,s Dancewatches I was thinking of staying with as I don't know any others did see some on this site but I can not seam find it now if I remember correctly you posted it lol

I know of a couple of reliable agents/owners in Jomtien if you're interested.

Dancewatchers are fine, if a little expensive. Very helpful & professional though. Their cleaning service is a useful bonus as well.

Yes I would be interested to know the other agents that would be great [emoji106]

As above post, http://www.viewtalaycondos.com/currentreservations.htm is a BM. Has 4 condos in VT7, and also VT5 & VT1. Good bloke. Prices include water & electricity unlike other agents.

Another BM, Jai Dee Mak, has a few condos including VT2B. Website appears to be under construction.

There are a few agents for VT6, including Honeys.

Can we keep on water and electricity costs on this thread please, as titled?  There are loads of general purpose threads recommending agents.

What exactly is "government rate" on electricity and water please?

3 minutes ago, SirL said:

Can we keep on water and electricity costs on this thread please, as titled?  There are loads of general purpose threads recommending agents.

Threads often wander.

Stop being so precious.

Anyway, the OP asked and he has every right to take a thread he started in any direction he wants.

1 minute ago, davidge said:

Threads often wander.

Stop being so precious.

Anyway, the OP asked and he has every right to take a thread he started in any direction he wants.

I'd just be grateful for a thread with details of electricity and water.

I'm not sure someone has the right to take a thread off-topic just because he started it.

You can't always get what you want.

Well I can try to prevent a thread heading away from it!

Lots of rates depending on usage. In any case, condo buildings etc will have their own rates.

No simple answer.

Thank you!  That'll be useful.

OK - back to condo agents.  My tuppence ha'penny on the subject is that I found honeys and Dancewatchers inventory pretty unimpressive value, compared to AirBnB.  I like the idea and location of VT6, but they are expensive and for that price I'd want the condo to be laid out in the way that suited me, and I couldn't see any that got me excited at the prices they were.  AirBnB seems to offer much better-priced condos.

What I don't like about the condo booking process is that cancellation isn't symmetrical.  If a condo owner/agent wants to cancel, all they have to do is refund whatever money has been paid, without ultimately any penalty beyond that.  If I want to cancel, I end up paying some fraction of the total cost, depending on notice given etc.  I've just been booking up a condo for my next visit, some months ahead, and in practice I'm just giving the owner/agent a free option on renting to me - if a better offer comes along they'll cancel my booking without a second thought.  It doesn't work the other way around - I can't cancel them for free if I see something better.  What I'd like is for the owner to be liable to pay the same penalty as I would have to, whatever the terms are, if a booking is cancelled in advance.

On 5/7/2017 at 10:31 PM, OKAY said:

500 baht for water; 1500 baht for electric. All in less than a hundred USA dollars per month: ask the rate for each before you sign a lease, should be less than 8 baht per electric unit and maybe as much as 50 baht per unit of water. Some unscrupuless landlords cheap like the dickens when it come to charging for electric.

Thank you so much for this I am looking for a place to stay at the moment and this helps a lot. 

On 10/05/2017 at 2:55 AM, SirL said:

The official government rate in a condo for domestic use is just over 4B/unit and as far as I know will shortly be going up to about 4.5B
The rate does vary slightly depending on how much you use so there is no exact price.

There is another much higher rate for business use and some company-owned units may be paying this.

Either way your landlord may charge more than whatever rate he is paying and anything between 4 and 10B is common.

Water is variable and depends on whether the condo pays for city water or has a borehole or trucks it in. Anywhere between 10 and 50B/m3 would be about right. You would rarely use more than a handful of m3 in a month. I have a washing machine and I use 2m3/month on average, but I dont have any Thais spending half the day in my bathroom.

just got my water gov rate 14 units 209 baht

electric 403 units 1545 baht

any holes a goal

Archived