Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tourist Visa from Cardiff Consulate - easy peasy

davidge

Got a visa for my summer trip today so thought I'd post in case anyone else needs one.

The Thai Consulate in Cardiff is in the Cardiff Bay area. If driving, leave M4 at J33 and follow the road to the bay. Get off the dual carriageway when you see the signs for Techniquest and park opposite it. Consulate is a 5 minute walk. If going by train, get the Cardiff Baycar bus (number 6)  behind the train station. £1.80 single, exact money only. Get off at Wales Millennium Centre. Consulate a 5 minute walk.

It's open 9-12, Mon-Fri and you must phone for an appointment. Not too busy so a couple of weeks ahead is plenty.

This is the building(note brass plaque):

IMG_1638.JPG

Ring the buzzer as you go in and there's a small waiting room & an office with 2 blokes.

I'd printed off the application form from the website so didn't need to fill one in when I got there. Handed the form, my passport, 2 photos (not 1 as it says on form) and £35 (£25 + £10 admin fee) to one of the blokes.

My appointment was at 10am. I arrived at 9.45 and at 9.55 I left with my SETV.

Simples :P

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Yes good place .As stated there is now a £10 admin fee. Don.t remember paying  that before.

you not get visa free when go plane to airport?

They call me ROBINHOOD, captain TEAM FARANG!

13 minutes ago, jorgethepussylover said:

you not get visa free when go plane to airport?

I'm staying longer than 30 days next trip.

:D

Appointments and Admin Fees now. Wales going downhill. Although it has been 10 years since I was there.

• 8 months later...
On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 18:55, davidge said:

Got a visa for my summer trip today so thought I'd post in case anyone else needs one.

The Thai Consulate in Cardiff is in the Cardiff Bay area. If driving, leave M4 at J33 and follow the road to the bay. Get off the dual carriageway when you see the signs for Techniquest and park opposite it. Consulate is a 5 minute walk. If going by train, get the Cardiff Baycar bus (number 6)  behind the train station. £1.80 single, exact money only. Get off at Wales Millennium Centre. Consulate a 5 minute walk.

It's open 9-12, Mon-Fri and you must phone for an appointment. Not too busy so a couple of weeks ahead is plenty.

This is the building(note brass plaque):

IMG_1638.JPG

Ring the buzzer as you go in and there's a small waiting room & an office with 2 blokes.

I'd printed off the application form from the website so didn't need to fill one in when I got there. Handed the form, my passport, 2 photos (not 1 as it says on form) and £35 (£25 + £10 admin fee) to one of the blokes.

My appointment was at 10am. I arrived at 9.45 and at 9.55 I left with my SETV.

Simples :P

can you apply by post or you need to go down there in person ?

Dayo...

12 hours ago, dayo202 said:

can you apply by post or you need to go down there in person ?

In person only at Consulate. Telephone first for appointment.

By post to Embassy in London if you prefer.

• 3 months later...

Just thought I’d update the thread after recent visit.

I need a SETV for my July trip as I’m over the 30 days. Rather get that now than extend in Jomtien. I had to go to Cardiff yesterday for something else so I phoned the Consulate last Friday and there was no problem getting an appointment for yesterday.

The Mermaid Quay car park is a 10 minute walk from the Consulate if you’re driving. Appointment was 1145, I arrived at 1135, I left with visa at 1145.

I’d printed the Application Form from the Consulate website and completed it beforehand. You can complete a form there if you prefer.  I handed in the form, my passport, 2 photos and £35. All very easy once again. 

One more thing, I was chatting to the bloke at the Consulate and he confirmed that they can now only issue a ‘Retirement’ Visa if you are over 65 and in receipt of a pension. Even then, only Single Entry not Multiple. He said if I wanted one they’d have to speak to the Embassy but he wasn’t aware of how to get one.

:wacko: There's a thai consul in liverpool - I'll be going there in a few weeks to get SETV as intend staying for 3 months - obviously will have to get 30 day extension in Jomtien when 60 days is up.

• 4 weeks later...

Can only get single entry o visa in uk now valid for 90 days ,no multi entry ,must be in receipt of a uk pension from gov old age pension,no financials needed just oap pension,must convert to retirement ex in thailand with correct in come source.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

:rolleyes: Picked up my Single entry visa in liverpool yesterday - after dropping off papers day before - paid £25.

6 minutes ago, bpauly said:

:rolleyes: Picked up my Single entry visa in liverpool yesterday - after dropping off papers day before - paid £25.

Yes, the ‘official’ price is £25 - it’s posted on the wall in Cardiff. They still charge £35 and insist it’s in cash! All done in 10 minutes though so no return visit.

Archived