IGNORED

Education visa to Retirement visa

Tornado Red

Looking for some information regarding Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay).

I am hoping to come and live in Thailand in the next few months on an Education visa. I have been in contact with my preferred language school in Pattaya and the process seems straight forward enough.
The part I am unsure about is when my Education visa runs out, how do I go about getting a retirement/long stay visa when I am already in Thailand. I will be 50 in around 18 months, so even if I extend my Education visa for a second year I will still have to get a retirement visa at some point.

Will I need to complete the relevant paperwork and go to a Thai Consulate in another country, Laos for example, or will I be able to go to the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok.

I know I am not going to need a retirement visa for a while yet, but any information would be greatly appreciated.

Archived