Jump to content

Education visa to Retirement visa

Tornado Red

Recommended Posts

Looking for some information regarding Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay).
I am hoping to come and live in Thailand in the next few months on an Education visa. I have been in contact with my preferred language school in Pattaya and the process seems straight forward enough.
The part I am unsure about is when my Education visa runs out, how do I go about getting a retirement/long stay visa when I am already in Thailand. I will be 50 in around 18 months, so even if I extend my Education visa for a second year I will still have to get a retirement visa at some point.
Will I need to complete the relevant paperwork and go to a Thai Consulate in another country, Laos for example, or will I be able to go to the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok.
I know I am not going to need a retirement visa for a while yet, but any information would be greatly appreciated.
Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.