Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Can anybody recommend a good Realtor?

I'm living in Thailand now at The Base 6 months a year and am getting interested in buying here. 

I'm not interested in it really for an investment as much as to have my own place and to protect myself from rising rental rates as it seems to be getting quite popular at The Base, especially with the Chinese.

Can anybody recommend a good realtor that I can talk to about buying here? You can PM me also if you want.

Thanks

PattayaRealty.com - I had very good experience with them and anyway they are one of the best in town.

very simple ,,,, there are NONE to be found in pattaya they are all worse than second hand gypsy cardealers  and should be avoided like the plague ....... most are nice ppl tho but  ,,,, dishonest to the bone and nothing beeing said by them can be trusted

find your own deal and save millions without beeing scammed is the ONLY way to go .

hard words for the so called agents but there are so many horror stories and facts that this is a wellknown fact .

any former clown can open a agency in thailand , cinda settles what ppl who come to try their luck in the sun as a "professional" agent .......

check message boards in the house you wish to buy in , ask juristic office who sell , ask securityguards the same , follow sale sites directly from owner is atleast what i do and as i said its millions differance between seller pricing and agents listings but takes time and patience ......alot of it 

hope you find what you seek but be very carefull with any agent 

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

Thanks for thr reponses guys. I guess what I am most interested in is a history of what the units are actually  selling for as the asking price may be much higher.

Are there any resources to find what the selling prices are here? If I am confident that a price is actually 10-20% below the average price in the building,  then I would be comfortable pulling the trigger

The Base is a very new building so any selling price history is really just the developer's price when new. Due to location, and developer, it is one of the more expensive buildings around at the moment. Probably too early to expect any fire sales by desperate farang owners.

Guess there's a chance of people trying to offload units but best bet is to look on noticeboards in the building. Avoid agents.

At a guess, you're looking at 100000baht+ per sq m for the small units and even more for the larger ones. Basically, 3 million baht for a 30 sq m condo is a 'good' base price. You can get much cheaper elsewhere.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

9 minutes ago, davidge said:

The Base is a very new building so any selling price history is really just the developer's price when new. Due to location, and developer, it is one of the more expensive buildings around at the moment. Probably too early to expect any fire sales by desperate farang owners.

Guess there's a chance of people trying to offload units but best bet is to look on noticeboards in the building. Avoid agents.

Thanks Davidge. I am renting directly from a Thai owner that I know is motivated to sell. My tgf has also spoken with a few other Thai Owners who are trying to sell. I think that a lot of Thai's are having trouble making the mortgage payments.

While the unit is in a Thai name, I figure that if the price is right  and 10-20% below the average, then it may be worth it.

If the Chinese are as interested as they appear to be buying up the units, then the opportunity may be past a year or two from now.

Thai name? Take 15-20% off prices at least. I would never buy this way.

Either you buy in gf name so it's not yours at all, or you use a 'fake' Thai company which gives extra costs and, strictly speaking, is illegal if they decide to crack down.

3 minutes ago, davidge said:

Thai name? Take 15-20% off prices at least. I would never buy this way.

Either you buy in gf name so it's not yours at all, or you use a 'fake' Thai company which gives extra costs and, strictly speaking, is illegal if they decide to crack down.

Good advice. I am somewhat familiar with the complications of a Thai name and would setup a Thai company. Added risk that probably doesn't make it worth it actually.

May be worth asking the Juristic Office what the farang % is in the building.

I'm guessing it's at 49% but you never know.

i know 2 beds been sold at 3.5 mthb at the base as desperate sales ...... 70.000-80.0000 per sqm seems accurate 

there are 116 units for sale only on hipflat where i guess 95% of them are pre purchased on a different high market ,,, before the crash and now stuck unable to get cash back in hand .

also rentals are very low in the building due to this aswell as very small rooms .

you have all aces in ahand , play it smart 

if you can , avoid thai name / company .....its not needed and quota is full since long in the building but again alot of resales .

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

Good Realtor is an oxymoron.

44 minutes ago, Larssonn said:

i know 2 beds been sold at 3.5 mthb at the base as desperate sales ...... 70.000-80.0000 per sqm seems accurate 

there are 116 units for sale only on hipflat where i guess 95% of them are pre purchased on a different high market ,,, before the crash and now stuck unable to get cash back in hand .

also rentals are very low in the building due to this aswell as very small rooms .

if you can , avoid thai name / company .....its not needed and quota is full since long in the building but again alot of resales .

Interesting that 2 beds have dropped that much already - I'd understand it for the 30sq m condos as they're MUCH too small to be of use to most people.

Still, I've seen buildings that were 70k+ per sq m a couple of years ago now asking 50, and still not selling.

7 hours ago, cutter said:

Good advice. I am somewhat familiar with the complications of a Thai name and would setup a Thai company. Added risk that probably doesn't make it worth it actually.

Thai company still means Thai price and you don't really want to be trying to set up a new company purely to own property IMO.

Even if you find a good agent (I only know Rob) he won't necessarily have access to anything for sale in your chosen location.......you have chosen a location haven't you?

On 03/05/2017 at 9:13 PM, cutter said:

I'm living in Thailand now at The Base 6 months a year and am getting interested in buying here. 

I'm not interested in it really for an investment as much as to have my own place and to protect myself from rising rental rates as it seems to be getting quite popular at The Base, especially with the Chinese.

Can anybody recommend a good realtor that I can talk to about buying here? You can PM me also if you want.

Thanks

If it's getting popular with the Chinese it's one best avoided i think. As for realtors i enquired at one recommended in Jomtien. I sent them all my details, even photos of my condo i wanted to sell but they couldn't be arsed to even reply or check out my condo. For this great service they wanted 5%.

15 minutes ago, chris2004 said:

If it's getting popular with the Chinese it's one best avoided i think. As for realtors i enquired at one recommended in Jomtien. I sent them all my details, even photos of my condo i wanted to sell but they couldn't be arsed to even reply or check out my condo. For this great service they wanted 5%.

I think you have to bear in mind who the 'customer' is i.e. it's the one with the money, the buyer not the seller.

If a buyer walks in the door he'll do his best to find what he wants, but buyers have been in short supply for several years and it really isn't worth the time or effort involved in 'marketing' your property beyond sticking it on their website list.

18 hours ago, Edge said:

Thai company still means Thai price and you don't really want to be trying to set up a new company purely to own property IMO.

Even if you find a good agent (I only know Rob) he won't necessarily have access to anything for sale in your chosen location.......you have chosen a location haven't you?

I'm currently staying in, and looking at The Base

5 hours ago, chris2004 said:

I'm staying here 3 months now and haven't had problems with any Chinese staying here. 

Chinese are just buying for investment. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2017 at 7:45 AM, Larssonn said:

3.5 million for a 2 bedroom seems a very good price. I looked at Hipflat and most seem to be asking over 100k per sqm. I agree that 70-80 k per sqm is more realistic

I am most curious what they are actually selling for though.

2 hours ago, Wildcat said:

i like Kevin at Coastal Realty

You should tell him.

You might get lucky.

On 5/14/2017 at 10:37 AM, davidge said:

You should tell him.

You might get lucky.

Hope it did not take you long to come up with that.

Here's an article today from the Bangkok Post regarding the Chinese buying up property in Thailand. This is a main reason why I am interested in buying as the Chinese could very well drive the prices up in the most popular condos.

http://m.bangkokpost.com/business/news/1251454/chinese-buying-up-property?refer=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2F

25 minutes ago, cutter said:

Here's an article today from the Bangkok Post regarding the Chinese buying up property in Thailand. This is a main reason why I am interested in buying as the Chinese could very well drive the prices up in the most popular condos.

http://m.bangkokpost.com/business/news/1251454/chinese-buying-up-property?refer=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2F

Don't believe the 'puff pieces' you read in the press. Mostly paid for by developers or based on developers' 'opinions'.

Prices dropping in Pattaya and still not selling - with the possible exception of some very central condos. 

Fairly easy to find around 30k per sq m to buy and under 10k a month to rent now once you go slightly off the beaten track.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Don't believe the 'puff pieces' you read in the press. Mostly paid for by developers or based on developers' 'opinions'.

Prices dropping in Pattaya and still not selling - with the possible exception of some very central condos. 

Fairly easy to find around 30k per sq m to buy and under 10k a month to rent now once you go slightly off the beaten track.

Ya, it's definitely a soft market. I just wonder if The Base is the exception with the Chinese interest.

I still like to be central so I can walk everywhere. But as you said, a lot of selection under 10k if I want to go out a little bit. But the extra 5k is worth it to me to be inside the core and with a gym and rooftop pool. 

On 5/4/2017 at 2:26 PM, cutter said:

Thanks for thr reponses guys. I guess what I am most interested in is a history of what the units are actually  selling for as the asking price may be much higher.

Are there any resources to find what the selling prices are here? If I am confident that a price is actually 10-20% below the average price in the building,  then I would be comfortable pulling the trigger

www.hipflat.co.th will show you the historical asking prices per square meter. It doesn't show the selling price though. If you want a connection, send me a PM, I know a good fella.  

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

Archived