IGNORED

Loot bank card

insider

This topic is about a new bank card / app that I have come across called Loot, it can be downloaded via apple or android stores:

Having decided to replace my Revolut card I downloaded the Monzo app and got the card in January, I've tried it, it works fine but has, as yet, no transfer to other account option. However I have since spotted another card / app with transfer methods similar to Revolut and it is possibly a much better option, it is the Loot app and card, so I have just signed up and my card is scheduled to arrive within the next 7 days. Note I recommend signing up using the app, the website went bit buggy, due to my browser not supporting passport verification option, anyway here are the Loot banks details, below;

Free debit card, no monthly fee, free deposits, free replacement card.

Max daily load via faster payments and BACS is £3750.Max deposits via bank transfer is £3750. Max annual deposit is £25,000. Max single card payment is £25,000.

Daily ATM withdrawal limit is £250

Monthly ATM withdrawal limit is £3,000

Overseas card payments are free. £25,000 limit.

Overseas and domestic ATM withdrawals £0 for first 2 withdrawals per month, £1 per withdrawal thereafter.

The daily ATM limit at £250 isn't good considering it costs 200 baht+ each time.

Depends what exchange rate they are using for Thailand

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The daily ATM limit at £250 isn't good considering it costs 200 baht+ each time.

Depends what exchange rate they are using for Thailand

Info from Loots homepage:

Loot applies the MasterCard® wholesale exchange rate on all purchases in foreign countries, with no added commission. Some providers add extra commission to the rate to make money on every transaction. We keep that at 0.00% so you have more money to spend on the things that matter.

3 hours ago, insider said:

Info from Loots homepage:

Loot applies the MasterCard® wholesale exchange rate on all purchases in foreign countries, with no added commission. Some providers add extra commission to the rate to make money on every transaction. We keep that at 0.00% so you have more money to spend on the things that matter.

yes but thats not related to the 200/220 thai atm charge try and get a halifax clarity if you can blows all these cards out of the water

2 hours ago, OmarB said:

yes but thats not related to the 200/220 thai atm charge try and get a halifax clarity if you can blows all these cards out of the water

I know the fee of 200 baht ATM fee is still applicable with the Loot, the Monzo and the Revolut cards, however you also get charged this fee with the clarity card as well, short of opening a Thai bank account there is no getting around it, unless maybe a bank lets you do over the counter withdrawals, regardless, I put this new option / information out there as a good alternative backup card to the Revolut or travel money type card, for those in the UK who do not have access to a clarity card for whatever reason.

3 hours ago, insider said:

I know the fee of 200 baht ATM fee is still applicable with the Loot, the Monzo and the Revolut cards, however you also get charged this fee with the clarity card as well, short of opening a Thai bank account there is no getting around it, unless maybe a bank lets you do over the counter withdrawals, regardless, I put this new option / information out there as a good alternative backup card to the Revolut or travel money type card, for those in the UK who do not have access to a clarity card for whatever reason.

indeed but the clarity gives full forex rate (not same as visa/mastercard rate wich is lower) and no other british card gives that to my knowledge. Revolut did for 8 months initially

indeed but the clarity gives full forex rate (not same as visa/mastercard rate wich is lower) and no other british card gives that to my knowledge. Revolut did for 8 months initially

I think you'll find Clarity also uses the Mastercard rate at no commission, not interbank rate if that's what you mean. Its still the best though. Also at ATM the max is £500, around 20,000 baht. I have withdrawn 50,000 from the counter, maybe more is possible.

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I think you'll find Clarity also uses the Mastercard rate at no commission, not interbank rate if that's what you mean. Its still the best though. Also at ATM the max is £500, around 20,000 baht. I have withdrawn 50,000 from the counter, maybe more is possible.

uses interbank always has scubascuba albeit not great difference between the 2 roughly 23 satang normally

used it last weekend on short trip and was 44,71 on clarity and couple minutes before had checked at 44.70 on xe

uses interbank always has scubascuba albeit not great difference between the 2 roughly 23 satang normally
used it last weekend on short trip and was 44,71 on clarity and couple minutes before had checked at 44.70 on xe

I use this to check the Clarity / Mastercard exchange rate for cash withdrawals. I check to make sure they have updated correctly.
https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/get-support/convert-currency.html

Archived