IGNORED

Alternatives to Areca.

Cosa1717

I'm looking for alternatives to Areca.

Areca pros: 

Amazing pool- resort type feel- surely the best in Pattaya at that price: Gym included. 

Location - right in the heart of the action with no noise.

Room- nice room with all the main things you'd look for. 

Cons: 

WIFI - unbelievable that they can't sort this out.  I need to use my home phone so can't use data.  

Bathroom- not a huge thing but the bathroom compared to other similiar priced hotels is lacking in quality. 

Wanted: 

A gym,  pool area with plenty of space, WIFI that works! a nice room/bathroom.

location close to walking street/ soi 7/8

Possibilities:

LK the Empress:

Sea me Spring:

Any other recommendations? 

Try the August Suites:

Bit further from W St than the rest but on Baht Bus routes

I am looking at Areca for the first three days of my trip.  That will give me time to look for a perfect hotel/condo for three weeks.  I leave for Pattaya in three weeks.

Presently looking at LK the Empress and Vt6.  Centrally located, good price and seems to fit my needs.

thanks for the thread.

50 minutes ago, George36 said:

I am looking at Areca for the first three days of my trip.  That will give me time to look for a perfect hotel/condo for three weeks.  I leave for Pattaya in three weeks.

Presently looking at LK the Empress and Vt6.  Centrally located, good price and seems to fit my needs.

thanks for the thread.

It's an excellent hotel! 

If you don't need WIFI- go for it. 

PS: I might see you there if I don't find an alternative:  I'm leaving for Thailand in about 3 weeks :-) 

34 minutes ago, Cosa1717 said:

It's an excellent hotel! 

If you don't need WIFI- go for it. 

PS: I might see you there if I don't find an alternative:  I'm leaving for Thailand in about 3 weeks :-) 

Thanks for the reply.  Wifi is probably the most important item for me in a hotel.  I might have to forgo the Areca.  

Not sure if this is answerable here but I uppose that I could use my S-7 phone  for Internet.  Small screen though.  I will be taking my IPad.  Maybe, I can get a hotspot like in the United States.  Do you have any knowledge on that stuff?  Thanks.

I arrive the morning of the 23rd of May.

Have a Great Day

You need to consider View Talay 6. My recommendation is to go with: 

honeyscoffeehouse.com/

If a good Internet connectivity is important to you, it's hard to be beat having your own 30/10 DSL connection a few meters away. (Honey's just upgraded to that:

The first two years or so (in 2010/2011) when I was visiting Pattaya I stayed in hotels. It was miserable, because of the crappy wifi. In Areca the wifi barely worked. The next two hotels (Page 10 and Sea Me) had sort-of functioning Wi-Fi, but limited at like 1 Mbit/s. I kind of doubt that they have improved since.

6 minutes ago, strawberrypi said:

You need to consider View Talay 6. My recommendation is to go with: 

honeyscoffeehouse.com/

If a good Internet connectivity is important to you, it's hard to be beat having your own 30/10 DSL connection a few meters away. (Honey's just upgraded to that:

http://www.honeyscoffeehouse.com/ Very interested in Vt6.  Their reservation page has the calendar for 2016 versus 2017.  For instance, the 23rd is a Tuesday but they have it as Monday.

So, do I book based on date or day indicated on their calendar? I say the same thing in other hotel reservation sites.

Thanks

i have stayed in about 10 different hotels in pattaya(including areca for 2 weeks) and the wifi pretty much sucks everywhere so i think it is a smart move to just get a big mobile data package like 9 or 12 GB for 700-800 baht a month.

the worst thing about areca (main and green wing) are the dated bathrooms. a real disgrace.

dtac.png

i am a VT6 fanboy so i would advice you to stay there obviously. pick a high floor with WS view.

25 minutes ago, stiflers_dad said:

i have stayed in about 10 different hotels in pattaya(including areca for 2 weeks) and the wifi pretty much sucks everywhere so i think it is a smart move to just get a big mobile data package like 9 or 12 GB for 700-800 baht a month.

the worst thing about areca (main and green wing) are the dated bathrooms. a real disgrace.

dtac.png

i am a VT6 fanboy so i would advice you to stay there obviously. pick a high floor with WS view.

Outstanding reply.  Thank you.

am going to baywalk residence next time.Not great pool but perfect location for my nightly runs

as per wifi I bought the 10 day tourist package at the airport and it served me well.

I stayed at area lodge a few times including my last trip but I got sick of the food and the front office staff.I think its ok to check the girls but sometimes the  staff did go overboard -an example, I met a girl from Lao and when we got areca the guys at the reception almost took 20mins to go over her details -it was not only frustrating for the poor girl but it was also embarrassing.

let's not even talk about the dated bathrooms or the poor wifi -with the money those guys are making you would expect something decent.

Baywalk residence is not perfect but at least they don't check the girls to death --actually they hardly check them which is fine by me.,

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

Surprised you had those problems JABL, took under a minute for all my guests for the staff to check them in the times I've stayed there (again in june) 

Agree with the wifi being shite, this time I'm going to force myself and spend 20 mins when I arrive and get a good 4G sim at the airport. (leaving my tablet at home this time ) 

A good swimming pool is a must for me that's why I like the areca 

I spent 2 weeks there last year in november in the evergreen wing the wifi was amazing.

The breakfast buffet gets boring at the end of week 2 but there are so many amazing places to eat in Pattaya so not an issue in my mind.

You will not be charged a joiner fee if you booked a double room except when you bring a 2 or more girls number 2, 3 ect each cost 500 bath. I guess it is for breakfast and extra cleaning LOL

I love Bare Breasts and Cunt In Pattaya - ℹ️ 😍 🥧

Thanks for the reply.  Wifi is probably the most important item for me in a hotel.  I might have to forgo the Areca.  

Not sure if this is answerable here but I uppose that I could use my S-7 phone  for Internet.  Small screen though.  I will be taking my IPad.  Maybe, I can get a hotspot like in the United States.  Do you have any knowledge on that stuff?  Thanks.

I arrive the morning of the 23rd of May.

Have a Great Day

I use an S7 Edge and never use hotel WiFi when in Pattaya. Get yourself a good 4G package, I'm typically there for 10 days and it costs me 175 baht for 5 gigs on Ais.

Once you've done that, go to settings > connections >mobile hot-spot and tethering and then turn on Mobile hotspot. Now you can connect your iPad, laptop or whatever you want just like a normal WiFi connection but using the data on the phone

Works fine for me when I need to work while in Pattaya

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9 people can't make a baby in one month

Last time I stayed in the Evergreen side of Areca there was a router in my room....so wi fi worked fine.

Might be worth requesting one.

That said it used the only spare electric point....I had to unplug the bedside light to charge my phone!!

And as others have said, the bathrooms are dated.

On 5/3/2017 at 9:15 PM, newbee09 said:

I spent 2 weeks there last year in november in the evergreen wing the wifi was amazing.

The breakfast buffet gets boring at the end of week 2 but there are so many amazing places to eat in Pattaya so not an issue in my mind.

You will not be charged a joiner fee if you booked a double room except when you bring a 2 or more girls number 2, 3 ect each cost 500 bath. I guess it is for breakfast and extra cleaning LOL

Just a BTW I know of no hotel that charges for 1 guest whether you book the room for 2 people or not.

14 minutes ago, twicestung said:

Just a BTW I know of no hotel that charges for 1 guest whether you book the room for 2 people or not.

There are a few which do - Dusit Thani for example...

9 people can't make a baby in one month

Last time I stayed in the Evergreen side of Areca there was a router in my room....so wi fi worked fine.
Might be worth requesting one.
That said it used the only spare electric point....I had to unplug the bedside light to charge my phone!!
And as others have said, the bathrooms are dated.

I believe they've put routers in all of the rooms (at least in the Evergreen), and it's made the wifi pretty good. I've stayed there for a month at least a dozen times, and I've only had issues with the wifi a couple of times.

I called down to the reception desk and they sent their IT guy up to fix the problem.

2 hours ago, vivid said:

I believe they've put routers in all of the rooms (at least in the Evergreen), and it's made the wifi pretty good.

I've stayed in Areca Evergreen twice, most recently in August '17.

My iPad worked fine on the Wifi in the room and also by the pool.

Archived