IGNORED

The 7 minute workout

QuotaMan

The workout has been around for years but starting to gain some attention again.

The concept is nothing new, basically a variation on interval/boot camp type training that's been replacing long slow cardio for many exercisers.

Very convenient and you can do it in your hotel room on vacation.

http://www.businessinsider.com/7-minute-workout-science-2017-4/#first-things-first-the-entire-workout-really-takes-just-seven-minutes-i-initially-was-skeptical-i-could-accomplish-this-much-in-such-a-narrow-time-frame-1

When I first heard about the 7-Minute Workout, an app that promises the benefits of a sweaty bike ride and a trip to the gym in just a few minutes, I thought it was all hype.

But as it turns out, the app, well, works you out.

I tried it for the first time last year, and I'm still hooked, so I recently got in touch with Chris Jordan, the director of exercise physiology at the Johnson & Johnson Human Performance Institute and the person behind the Johnson & Johnson Official 7 Minute Workout, to get some insight into how it works.

For me, the app is perfect for weekends, or when I can't make it to a yoga class, or as something fun to do with a friend at home.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/johnson-johnson-official-7/id784797900?ls=1&mt=8

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

As said this has been around sometime,  in itself it is better than nothing but if you use it as a set for interval training then it has real value. By that I mean you do a 7 minute set then take a break for 3 minutes then repeat for 4 sets of 7 minutes.  Obviously you may have to start with a longer break between sets which is not a problem. However when traveling and you have no gym facilities it is excellent.  It is also great for beginners where they can start with just the base 7 minutes increasing to two sets after 2 weeks  and so forth till you are able to complete 4 sets with 2 minute breaks between. 

Been doing this workout for the past few years, regularly, using an app for the 'prompts' to change exercise.

It's excellent!

No gym needed, do it outside by the condo swimming pool, makes you feel great all day.

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2017 at 10:52 AM, galt67 said:

Been doing this workout for the past few years, regularly, using an app for the 'prompts' to change exercise.

It's excellent!

No gym needed, do it outside by the condo swimming pool, makes you feel great all day.

i guess this is better than nothing ,but cant compare to 60 to 90 minutes lifting heavy wts in a gym. and cant see it giving you the endorphin rush a good hard workout does.

On 9/15/2007 at 11:48 PM, pokland said:

bump. please give some advice you experts mongers:P

On 5/2/2017 at 10:52 AM, galt67 said:

It's excellent!

Archived