IGNORED

Etihad Schedules

Rainsberger

Hi Guys

Looks like Etihad Airways are about to cut back on it's Direct flights from Abu Dhabi to Bangkok and return

Instead of 4 per day soon this will be reduced to 3 The current flights EY408, 402 and 406 will continue

Flight EY404 departure at 10.20am soon to be cancelled

And from Bangkok flights EY407,405 and 401 will continue, but flight EY403 departure at 8.35am is soon to be

cancelled as well.

There are other flights but it will mean a stop off at one of the India airports.

I think it is only from May to June and then again from September to October.  They do it yearly during quieter periods.

I'm sure they did the same last year

interesting that thai cancelled an entire bangkok london flight sector earlier last week and consolidated both london departures on the evening flight back out of heathrow purely on numbers and the evening flight still had at least 60-70 seats empty in economy according to friend who was on it

purely numbers game and they are well down to bangkok no matter what the tourist board claims

12 hours ago, Drewbrogan said:

I think it is only from May to June and then again from September to October.  They do it yearly during quieter periods.

I'm sure they did the same last year

I don't remember this as i use EY403 Bangkok to Abu Dhabi 8.35am flight nearly

every trip and it's the first time ever i can remember no flight in the morning

i have used this flight in June, October and November it's a first for me.

Although i see they are re-instated fo July Schedules so you are right.

the months theyre cancelling that flight its the lowest of low season to Thailand so makes sence,the 835 departure is always the cheapest and emptiest flight from bkk anyway

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Double post....apologies.

27 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

I don't remember this as i use EY403 Bangkok to Abu Dhabi 8.35am flight nearly

every trip and it's the first time ever i can remember no flight in the morning

i have used this flight in June, October and November it's a first for me.

Although i see they are re-instated fo July Schedules so you are right.

You're right.

They removed the Jet Airways flight that used to do it at the same time last year and then replaced it with their own 777 covering the EY406/405 slot.  My apologies.

At the moment it does appear to be temporary.  It could just be a seasonal load capacity problem, but BKK is pretty much saturated from the ME now with 18 daily flights just from Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha. Istanbul, Muscat and Bahrain, which are similiar total flight times from Europe/North America as the big 3, offer another 5 flights a day between them.  That is a lot of capacity to fill every day.

I'm not saying this is definitely the case but it would be understandable if it is

the EY403 out of bkk is/was a son of a bitch you have to leave pattaya at around 04 45.

not happy about dropping EY 404 i've been using that as my connecting flight after the 20.00 hrs flight out of LHR. it was a longer connection but the fuckers connected me but not by baggage to EY 408 about a yr ago and it did for my cheese etc import

4 hours ago, OmarB said:

interesting that thai cancelled an entire bangkok london flight sector earlier last week and consolidated both london departures on the evening flight back out of heathrow purely on numbers and the evening flight still had at least 60-70 seats empty in economy according to friend who was on it

purely numbers game and they are well down to bangkok no matter what the tourist board claims

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say here but I presume you are talking about TG 911 and 917 on Friday.  

My understanding was there was an equipment fault and last minute change from BKK but both LHR departures left (i.e were not consolidated). HS-TUF was scheduled to fly TG 910 and 911 but was cancelled and removed from schedule for 24 hours, and replaced by HS-TUB which flew to LHR empty, and then returned as TG 911 11 hours behind schedule at 23:00. TG 917 left as scheduled at 21:25.

Flying an A380 from BKK-LHR empty is hardly a cost-saving measure.

Archived