IGNORED

Oman air exiting Manchester to BKK - 334 with crystal travel in May

doctor nick

Again, thought this may be of use to my fellow board members, Oman air have apparantly started a new service out of Manchester which seems to have very good rates in May (at least). Just booked a return flight for 334 pounds with 1.5 hour connections both ways in Seeb intl from 2/5 to 9/5,  this looks to have many discounted dates thus far. suggest you check kayak and fly.co.uk for your preferred dates if want to take advantage of this. Oman have better reports then etihad on the internet so i'll wait and see on the experience and will report back.

That's quite funny that you have posted this today as I was going to post virtually the exact same post.

I have already booked Oman Air for me, my brother and my dad MAN-BKK for the 11th May to the 29th May and I can't remember the exact price but it was around the £360 mark.

While there my dad is having his 70th birthday party.  This morning one of his mates rang me to ask the date as he is thinking of flying out for a few days to join us for his party.  Last night he was looking at Oman Air 18th May to 22nd May MAN-BKK and it was £326 with GoToGate.  That is insane.  Nearly as insane as flying to Thailand for 4 days.

I haven't checked whether he has actually booked it but it has gone up to £338 as we speak, still a very good price with a well-rated airline.

These are obviously discounted opening fares to try and take some capacity away from the big 3 ME airlines which all operate multiple daily flights from Manchester.  If you check later in the year the prices are a lot higher.  I looked at booking my Christmas flight the other day and it was £1009 with Oman which was very much in line with Qatar, Etihad and Emirates. My mate has also booked for October with them (as he will get Silver status with that flight) and they were £658, while the 3 other carriers mentioned were in the mid £400 price range.  Al of these flights had good short transfers and decent timings.

I'm not quite sure if Oman will end up being a viable alternative in the long run or if they will be able to compete with the big 3 ME carriers (even more so now that Qatar has added UTP) but I'm looking forward to trying them, and I certainly appreciate the competitive pricing. It's a few extra ST's in my pocket

14 hours ago, Drewbrogan said:

That's quite funny that you have posted this today as I was going to post virtually the exact same post.

I have already booked Oman Air for me, my brother and my dad MAN-BKK for the 11th May to the 29th May and I can't remember the exact price but it was around the £360 mark.

While there my dad is having his 70th birthday party.  This morning one of his mates rang me to ask the date as he is thinking of flying out for a few days to join us for his party.  Last night he was looking at Oman Air 18th May to 22nd May MAN-BKK and it was £326 with GoToGate.  That is insane.  Nearly as insane as flying to Thailand for 4 days.

I haven't checked whether he has actually booked it but it has gone up to £338 as we speak, still a very good price with a well-rated airline.

These are obviously discounted opening fares to try and take some capacity away from the big 3 ME airlines which all operate multiple daily flights from Manchester.  If you check later in the year the prices are a lot higher.  I looked at booking my Christmas flight the other day and it was £1009 with Oman which was very much in line with Qatar, Etihad and Emirates. My mate has also booked for October with them (as he will get Silver status with that flight) and they were £658, while the 3 other carriers mentioned were in the mid £400 price range.  Al of these flights had good short transfers and decent timings.

I'm not quite sure if Oman will end up being a viable alternative in the long run or if they will be able to compete with the big 3 ME carriers (even more so now that Qatar has added UTP) but I'm looking forward to trying them, and I certainly appreciate the competitive pricing. It's a few extra ST's in my pocket

Oman are currently searching and bidding for a third set of heathrow slots almost certainly in line with the new terminal opening at Muscat in next 12 months

15 hours ago, Drewbrogan said:

Just to clarify what I was trying to say here, as it doesn't read back the way I wanted it to.  When I questioned Oman Air being a viable alternative in the long run I meant for myself or others specifically on the MAN-BKK route.  The other 3 ME carriers have consistently offered a high level of service for exceptionally reasonable fares over the last few years.

Archived