Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Taxi in Phuket

bob-chang

As Jay says it depends where you are staying , Karon , Surin , Phuket Town , Kamala etc 

If you are staying in Patong then it's 850 Baht from the Airport Taxi iirc 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

There are 2 options at the airport with plenty of counters for taxi.

1. SharedVan: Costs 200-250b to Patong, waiting depends on how soon they have enough peoplefor the van. Can go upto 30 min

2. Private Taxi: Again you can get one from one of thise counters selling shated ride. To Patong it was 600b as I recall.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

I use this guy his name is Manop and his email is [email protected] he is very realiable and has never let me down. He charges 700bht for 1-2 ppl with a sedan or 1000bht for a van which can take up to 7 or 8 people i believe. Those prices are from Phuket airport (hkt) to any hotel in Patong beach.

Going to Karon, i heard they taxi are a rip off. 600 should be max? 

pom rak pattaya

You're not going to get a taxi to Karon for 600bt. I would guess 800bt at least

I've always got a shared mini-bus from the airport to Karon, 200bt.  On the way back, I've always paid 1000bt  for a taxi to the airport

1 hour ago, bob-chang said:

Going to karon, i heard they taxi are a rip off. 600 should be max? 

The rip offs will occur if you get a Tuk Tuk to Patong and back , if you are going for nightlife then Patong would be a better place to stay

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

• 1 month later...

Typically the Taxi from the airport to Patong Beach will run you about 800 baht. These guys tend to be pretty straight up and don't change the price.

Last time I was in Phuket in November 2016 they were pretty much only offering a metered taxi as the only taxi option and it still came out to about 800 baht.

You can try to go to the departure area and every so often you can connect with someone that is dropping a customer off and get them for a little less but that is hit or miss.

But they were reconstructing the old terminal and the options were very limited.

Going back to the Airport you can normally prebook it for about 700 baht

Where you have to be careful is with the taxi mafia running around Patong.

They are notorious for ripping you off always get the price up front from them but even than there is no guarantee and they might still try to stick it to you

• 6 months later...

Taxi mafia is horrendous is Phuket. I hate them with a vengeance. Having said that.. I've been to Phuket over a dozen times at least =)

What I usually do is (works especially well if you're not alone).. is hire a driver via one of the many travel agents. They always seem to have friends with cars. Else you could even get one of those 10 seater vans. 

Generally.. cars about 800-1.2k, vans about 1.5-2k (negotiate!) for 6-8 hours chaffeur service. When I (we) check out, driver takes us for quick sight seeing of Phuket, a nice lunch with a view, maybe some last minute shopping etc, slowly make our way north and ends by dropping us off at the airport. 

Alternately you could also rent a sedan the day before and do whatever you please.. and select drop off at airport. Have paid like 800-1k for 24 hours.

This way, you've achieved more value for your dollar. Besides just paying blind fare to get you from A to B. 

Archived