IGNORED

Diet Sodas Raise Risk of Dementia and Stroke, Study Finds

QuotaMan

More bad news about diet sodas (studies also show bad health effects from sugared soft drinks).

As someone who drinks a lot of diet soda a day, I suppose this is one risk I am willing to take.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/diet-sodas-raise-risk-dementia-stroke-study-finds-n749051

"People who drink diet sodas daily have three times the risk of stroke and dementia compared to people who drink one less than once a week, researchers reported Thursday.

It's yet another piece of evidence that diet drinks are not a healthy alternative to sugary drinks, and suggests that people need to limit both, doctors said."

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

7 minutes ago, LarryDarrell said:

I will be more compelled when there is proof of a causal relationship. 

Yeh, makes you wonder why they bother with such tests.

I cant remember the last time I had a diet coke......fuck its hitting me

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2017 at 6:27 PM, QuotaMan said:

More bad news about diet sodas (studies also show bad health effects from sugared soft drinks).

As someone who drinks a lot of diet soda a day, I suppose this is one risk I am willing to take.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/diet-sodas-raise-risk-dementia-stroke-study-finds-n749051

"People who drink diet sodas daily have three times the risk of stroke and dementia compared to people who drink one less than once a week, researchers reported Thursday.

It's yet another piece of evidence that diet drinks are not a healthy alternative to sugary drinks, and suggests that people need to limit both, doctors said."

far more people dying from consuming too much sugar than sweetners.i have a few friends,pro body builders and mma fighters guzzle down litres of pepsi max ,i also, if you believed everything you saw on food  and food supplements,you would have a very restricted diet. i also eat between 12 and 18 whole eggs a day 

I'm now wary of the stuff, Aspartime at least. Here are some thoughts from my go to source when it comes to all things physiological.

"We have to remember that the arguments made for aspartame, monosodium glutamate, aspartic acid, and tryptophan--that they are like the amino acids that make up natural proteins--are dangerously false. In the case of amino acids, balance is everything. Aspartic and glutamic acids promote seizures and cause brain damage, and are intimately involved in the process of stress-induced brain aging, and tryptophan by itself is carcinogenic. Treating any complex natural product as the drug industry does, as a raw material to be fractionated in the search for "drug" products, is risky, because the relevant knowledge isn't sought in the search for an association between a single chemical and a single disease."

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Better just drink my Rum neat then, is Ice safe ?

I had to help an old friend that has dementia here, fuck it was hard to deal with.  forgot how to get him money here and his thai wife supporting him.  He did it a really backassward way before and no way to reproduce it.    When wife asked me to help him he told me    why do I need money?  I said to eat and to live.  yeah but why do I need money.  After two hours I couldn't take anymore and left.   Two day later wife calls me adn she said he is better for the moment, another two hours and finally go his bank info and passwords in the states. Then we had to open an account here and I helped him do that. Had to wait till he was lucid and rushed to the bank, damn that was hard.  then I had to contact his bank in the US, where he had a little money and after hours and hours got them to send it to him.  The I tried to get his social security checks, going to his bank in the US to be transferred here monthly.  just got it done a couple of days ago.  So hard and so sad, sometimes he couldn't remember me, his wife and so on, when he had bouts of understanding he begged me to help him do this, when I needed him to sign something he asked what this was all about and I had to explain over.  finally wife would call me when lucid and I rushed over to get stuff done before he went south.  Damn thats a nasty disease and I will do myself in when seeing it start in me [skali will say its already happening]

I feel sorry for the wife, a good businesswoman and had lots more money than him, having to support him when he had money sitting in the states.  Even now when it comes monthly she will still have to add to it but now a lessor amount

Not sure how she can live with him and take care, impossible when he doesnt know who she is, now she has him come to her business and he sits in the back so she can take care of him   Nice lady

I rarely drink soda, but if I ever do from now on, it wont be diet

Archived