IGNORED

Condo vs. Hotel? + Weather end of June?

oschkosch

Once again I find myself asking where to stay when in Pattaya end of June. The date actually leads to me asking: will I even need a pool or will it be raining a lot? (29 June - 9 July). Any input on that would be cool.

I am tempted to grab a condo in VT6. Any pros and cons I need to consider? How is the pool there; does it get lots of sun? Best website is Honeys or Dance watchers?

Another option is siam@siam (again because of the pool) but the cunts still quote prices of around 70 Euro per night; I thought June/July would be low season? Blue Sky in Soi 5 any good? How big are the rooms there?

Any other options I should consider? Budgeting about 50-70 Euro per night for the hotel.

I might have a girl lined up for LT who I took last trip but she is under 21 hence any hotels with an age restriction are out.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

I've been that time the last 2 years and saw very little rain - though last July was very hot & humid. 

I'd choose somewhere with easy access to the baht bus & close to where you usually hang out.

Both Honeys & Dancewatchers are fine.

I can't really comment on the hotels you mentioned as I always stay in condos in Jomtien now.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

49 minutes ago, vincent law said:

Last July it was raining cats and dogs 

Nope.

Main problem was heat & humidity. Some rain - but mainly at night and not a problem - at least while I was there. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I believe the pool at VT6 gets plenty of sun but for some reason it has been cold as fock every time I jumped in.

Big pool though with plenty of room to move around. Just don't try to drink a can of beer or have a cigar while hanging on the side of the pool. They will kick you out for that as I found out last year.

The location is perfect, IMHO. Access to both Beach Rd and Second Rd so you can easily jump on a baht bus and go in either direction. I almost booked with Honey's this year but went with Dancewatchers once again. They have treated me well a couple of times now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it helpful to list exactly what I want and this have changed with each subsequent trip.

1. Location - For me stumbling distance of LK Metro area

2. ease of access bring 1 or more guests in - I don't think I can put up with the checking girls in and out again

3. Daily maid service

4. Big flat screen tv

5. Internet - reliable

6. Balcony

Not in that order but those are my requirements based on previous trips.

Never say never

I noticed Honey now just assigns you a random room on arrival and a lot of their rooms are shit according to reviews. 

Not 100% sure that your point fits in with the thread, but I am happy to address it. Honey Inn is in a great location for those who enjoy LK/Bhuakow, you pay a slight premium for the front facing rooms (deluxe - whatever?) + I always ask for a high floor. For 1,000THB it is pretty good. Relatively modern rooms and bathrooms - spotlessly clean too.

On 4/19/2017 at 4:43 AM, oschkosch said:

Once again I find myself asking where to stay when in Pattaya end of June. The date actually leads to me asking: will I even need a pool or will it be raining a lot? (29 June - 9 July). Any input on that would be cool.

I am tempted to grab a condo in VT6. Any pros and cons I need to consider? How is the pool there; does it get lots of sun? Best website is Honeys or Dance watchers?

Another option is siam@siam (again because of the pool) but the cunts still quote prices of around 70 Euro per night; I thought June/July would be low season? Blue Sky in Soi 5 any good? How big are the rooms there?

Any other options I should consider? Budgeting about 50-70 Euro per night for the hotel.

I might have a girl lined up for LT who I took last trip but she is under 21 hence any hotels with an age restriction are out.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Amari Nova Suites gives you the best of both worlds. Studio apartments, but inside a hotel. It is upmarket too and is a lot cheaper than Siam at Siam - under 2,000THB in low season. I don't bring back under 21 girls, but I have never heard that being an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be heading there end of June as well. Hope the rain holds out. Haven't booked a room yet, thinking the condo route. Let me know if you find any good deals and I'll do the same. I stayed at VT6 last September and it was perfect. Right beside central festival. Pool was great. Balcony view of the ocean. 

I will be heading there end of June as well. Hope the rain holds out. Haven't booked a room yet, thinking the condo route. Let me know if you find any good deals and I'll do the same. I stayed at VT6 last September and it was perfect. Right beside central festival. Pool was great. Balcony view of the ocean. 

sent you a pm!

On 4/19/2017 at 8:33 AM, Brussh said:

I find it helpful to list exactly what I want and this have changed with each subsequent trip.

1. Location - For me stumbling distance of LK Metro area

2. ease of access bring 1 or more guests in - I don't think I can put up with the checking girls in and out again

3. Daily maid service

4. Big flat screen tv

5. Internet - reliable

6. Balcony

Not in that order but those are my requirements based on previous trips.

If you need daily maid service, renting a condo will be expensive.  2 times maid service a week is sufficient for condo.

Ok, I think I will be doing 3-4 nights in siam@siam. Still around 68 Euros per night, but the pool is one of a kind. After that I will either switch to VT6 or Page 10. Since its low season, I will check walk in prices. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know why you guys hate rain so much. Yesterday and today we had a light rain in Pattaya/Jomtien after the sunset. Clears and cools the air nicely. It's very rare to have a heavy rain and flooding. If that happens just relax in some bar.

Archived