Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Medical clinic or decent hospital

elcaballero7

Can anyone recommend a medical clinic or farang friendly place I can get a gash on my leg looked at. I went to a concert last night and slipped causing a gash on my leg that might need a stitch or two. Additionally a tetanus shot might also needed. Looking for a place that won't charge an arm and a leg. I've done a pretty good job of keeping the wound dry and clean, but I my gf thinks it might need a stitch.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

dr monkrel in jomtien food land parking lot.   american trained.  not open today

Just now, wingcom1 said:

My pref is hospital for anything more than than a scratch.

smart man

If you want to save your wallet then stay away from Pattaya International Hospital. We were there last week for a quote for a small operation and it was 120,000-150,000Baht. For the same operation in Bangkok Pattaya hospital would be 80,000 max with a one night stay over.   The SAME doctor in Pattaya International Hospital would do the same operation at his clinic for 15,000-50,000Baht. 

It's easy to find what doctors work where and how good they are. Many will have there on clinics and the same quality of work is done in the clinics too.

• 1 month later...
On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:41 PM, lolokalbo said:

If you want to save your wallet then stay away from Pattaya International Hospital. We were there last week for a quote for a small operation and it was 120,000-150,000Baht. For the same operation in Bangkok Pattaya hospital would be 80,000 max with a one night stay over.   The SAME doctor in Pattaya International Hospital would do the same operation at his clinic for 15,000-50,000Baht. 

It's easy to find what doctors work where and how good they are. Many will have there on clinics and the same quality of work is done in the clinics too.

I wish I had read your comment 3 hours ago.

What would be a consultation and prescription for antibiotics including drugs about 3000bht in Australia. With 1200bht refund so about 1800bht.

At this hospital became 2 consultations, 1 xray, a drip and inhaling machine plus medicine for 2 days. Cost 4500bht and we have another consultation tomorrow. She was also offered to stay overnight. Everything happened reasonably quickly for a hospital but I felt that everyone in the hospital was clipping my ticket when a well dressed farang turns up with a young stunner.

I have used Pattaya International Hospital many times in the 14 years I have lived here and have never been ripped of ass described above.  The OP has a nasty but seemingly simple gash.  If PIH is near his place then I would recommend he go there.   I think it is quite unfair to compare the two situations and their prices.

Archived