Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

D Express Apartment - Review

PR1977

I stayed here for 17 nights in March / early April. The apartments are located at the Pattaya Klang end of Soi Bukhaow very close to Third Road accessible from Bukhaow via a narrow Soi that's diagonally opposite the entrance to New Plaza. They are at the other end of the Soi from their sister D Apartment and round the corner from D hotel and LK Royal Suites.

I paid 1200 a night for a standard room at the front of the building which was large at about 40sqm, had sofa, fridge and freezer, tables for laptops and eating etc, sink in room, 40" flatscreen with many channels, safe and plenty of storage space; bed was standard king size on built in base and was comfortable enough with tables and lamp either side and switches to control lights for the whole room within reach of the bed. There was both A/C (which was a little noisy) and a fan in the room. Bathroom was standard size with shower and toiletries, towels and two bottles of 500ml water was provided daily; maid service ran till about 15.00. Balcony was large but only had one chair and clothes rack. WIFI was strong and omnipresent.

Rooftop pool is a decent size at about 15m by 8m and has jacuzzi and paddling pool; there are sun loungers and shower and sink facilities too. Some great vistas of Pattaya from the roof. Kitchen facilities provided on ground / reception level with microwave etc and there's also two computers connected to the internet, coffee and tea with biscuits and sofa / seating areas. One elevator serves all 7 floors and you leave your key at reception when you go out; 1,000 baht deposit is also required at check in (no issue getting this back on leaving)  and there is no joiner fee for up to 2 additional guests. The apartments are clean and modern throughout. I believe that you can secure a smaller room for 1,000 a night at the back of the building or pay 1,600 for the junior suite. Reception staff and cleaners are very polite, friendly and helpful.

Opposite the apartments are a little bar with free pool and reasonable prices (50 Baht bottle beers, 35 Sangsom and Coke) and there's plenty of small bars, food and coffee places and cheap laundries along the Soi with a Domino's Pizza at the Third Road end; there's also a couple of local shops if you don't fancy crossing Third Road to the nearest 7/11. Motorbike taxis are right outside the building too.

The location is right in the middle of my favourite three places in Pattaya (Soi 6, LK Metro and Soi Bongchot / M Club) and is perfect for access to Bukhaow and Pattaya Klang and was well known to the motorcycle taxi men (and most of the teeraks I brought there!). Most of the clientele were single, similar minded, western men. Easy in and out to the highway for the taxi to and from the airport too etc.

Drawbacks are that it might be a bit far away for those punters who aren't comfortable walking for more than 10 minutes or who don't like motorbike taxis. I found that taking the Third Road route down to LK Metro via Soi Chaiyapoon actually worked better than going down to Buakhaow too and there are some "interesting" places - mainly aimed at Thais - on the walk down too.

All in all a very positive rating - I will be staying here again - and I will also be trying D hotel and D Apartment in the future.

good review i am staying here in 2 weeka time i have booked 14 nights via Agoda but im going for 19 nights so im going to check it out and if i like will extend my stay further for the final 5 nights

ling noi

Good review. If you intend staying at D hotel you wont be disappointed I'd say owned, run, managed the same way as D Express and just on the next soi. A quiet area close to everything and has everything you need within walking distance, will stay again.

13 hours ago, Eric Le Roi said:

Excellent review mate. Very helpful.

Hi Guys

My friend Charlie is due to stay here in 4 weeks time has a room at the back with small balcony and

is staying for 1 month, i to was also due to stay here same time but i have just stayed at the sister hotel

down the Soi for 22 nights in D1 Apartment and it was fantastic stay here so much so i have decided to

stay here again in 4 weeks time and i have cancelled my D Xpress booking and they returned my 1000 baht

deposit. I will be paying 18,000 baht for my 1 month stay where at D Xpress i would be paying 25,000 baht.

so i will also be saving 7000 baht which at the moment is a lot of money. 

Great review, thanks.  Any pics?

"If I ever acquire wisdom I suppose I shall be wise enough to know what to do with it."

• 9 months later...

anybody got latest update on here? still good ? its on a very good deal on Agoda at the moment so im curious whether to take the gamble at the price offered thanks

6 hours ago, sharp1972 said:

anybody got latest update on here? still good ? its on a very good deal on Agoda at the moment so im curious whether to take the gamble at the price offered thanks

Had another brief stay in June....everything just as good. Been in sister D hotel and D Apartment since and standards consistently high...

I've see the rooms on Agoda for 800 or so which is an absolute steal IMO

Good review. Stayed there a few times, great little place. I actually enjoyed the walk down 3rd row to Soi Lengkee its practically empty compared the madness of Soi Boikow.

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2018 at 21:18, ALEXDELLARAY said:

Good review. Stayed there a few times, great little place. I actually enjoyed the walk down 3rd row to Soi Lengkee its practically empty compared the madness of Soi Boikow.

So I take it this isn't close to the 'action'.  The price is tempting, can't believe I can get 13 nights for equivalent to $35 CDN/night. 

15 minutes ago, Gibsons1 said:

So I take it this isn't close to the 'action'.  The price is tempting, can't believe I can get 13 nights for equivalent to $35 CDN/night. 

It's not far from the Pattaya Klang end of Soi Bukhaow. Around 10 mins walk

It depends really where you you want to be near. Soi 6, Walking Street etc?

9 minutes ago, ALEXDELLARAY said:

It's not far from the Pattaya Klang end of Soi Bukhaow. Around 10 mins walk

It depends really where you you want to be near. Soi 6, Walking Street etc?

This will be my first time to Pattaya, been to Bangkok before.  It seems every district is in a different direction, I guess I'm willing to travel to all the areas but would like to be close to a little nightlife not far from the hotel

Soi Chiapoon/Soi Honey (massage streets), Soi 6, LK Metro, WS all are going to be visited (GoGo's, beer bars, massage).  Was hoping to be close to a Baht Bus route,

D Apartment 2 seems to be on Soi Boukauo.  I know this is one of the main streets and has a lot of bars/massage places on it. 

15 minutes ago, Gibsons1 said:

This will be my first time to Pattaya, been to Bangkok before.  It seems every district is in a different direction, I guess I'm willing to travel to all the areas but would like to be close to a little nightlife not far from the hotel. 

Soi Chiapoon/Soi Honey (massage streets), Soi 6, LK Metro, WS all are going to be visited (GoGo's, beer bars, massage).  Was hoping to be close to a Baht Bus route,

D Apartment 2 seems to be on Soi Boukauo.  I know this is one of the main streets and has a lot of bars/massage places on it. 

Pattaya isn't that big a place it easy to get around and explore on foot. I regularly used to walk from D Xpress to LK Metro and also up to Soi 6. I only used bhat buses to go to and from Walking Street.

4 minutes ago, ALEXDELLARAY said:

Pattaya isn't that big a place it easy to get around and explore on foot. I regularly used to walk from D Xpress to LK Metro and also up to Soi 6. I only used bhat buses to go to and from Walking Street.

How far would you say the hotel is to Soi 6 and LK Metro bar areas?  Under a KM or more? 

10 hours ago, Gibsons1 said:

How far would you say the hotel is to Soi 6 and LK Metro bar areas?  Under a KM or more? 

If location is important to you look at D Apartment or D hotel which are right on Soi Bukhao.  From there you will have baht buses going both directions including south all the way to Walking St.  New Plaza bars are right there and you cut through New Plaza to get to the north end of Central Festival and the bars at Soi 8 and 7.  This will also get you to the baht bus going north to Soi 6.  Staying at Xpress will entail an additional walk from Bukhao to 3rd Rd.  You can easily walk to LK Metro from D Apartment and D hotel and can't walk to Soi 6 from any of the 3 hotels.  Have a look at google maps.  No knock on Xpress but for me location and a shorter walk everywhere is important.  May not be important to other people or yourself.

10 hours ago, dirkdeee said:

If location is important to you look at D Apartment or D Hotel which are right on Soi Bukhao.  From there you will have baht buses going both directions including south all the way to Walking St.  New Plaza bars are right there and you cut through New Plaza to get to the north end of Central Festival and the bars at Soi 8 and 7.  This will also get you to the baht bus going north to Soi 6.  Staying at Xpress will entail an additional walk from Bukhao to 3rd Rd.  You can easily walk to LK Metro from D Apartment and D Hotel and can't walk to Soi 6 from any of the 3 hotels.  Have a look at google maps.  No knock on Xpress but for me location and a shorter walk everywhere is important.  May not be important to other people or yourself.

Thanks for the info.  Short walk is important as it's bloody hot in Thailand.  I like walking but there's a point where it's too hot to do so.  It's better to be physically closer to where you want to go and to the Baht Bus routes.

Yes, this is where i am staying in May but it's the older building D Apartment 1,    I stayed there twice last year and enjoyed my stay very much it's so handy for everything and anywhere and for 17,000 baht for 29 nights I'm more than happy.

Just booked up and paid to stay here again for 17 nights late this month.

Working out at about 680 baht a night - that's just insane value for what you get. Had D hotel provisionally booked on a pay as you arrive with free cancellation at pretty much double the price for what is essentially exactly the same accommodation albeit 5 minutes closer to the action.

This has to be the best value place to stay in Pattaya at the moment.

I stayed two nights at D Express, very good, clean hotel with a friendly staff. It is a bit of a walk to Bukhao from there though.

One issue to be wary of though - on Agoda I found an unusually cheap rate for high season for a room at D Express. I booked it, expecting it to be a smaller room in the hotel or something. It  turned out that the room was not in D Express at all, but rather in an old apartment building across the street. I told them that it didn't seem fair to offer bookings under the name D Express in a completely separate building without that stated on the booking site.....fortunately, they had one room available in the hotel that they gave me at a discounted rate, so in the end it all worked out.

On 09/04/2017 at 01:22, PR1977 said:

All in all a very positive rating - I will be staying here again - and I will also be trying D Hotel and D Apartment in the future.

Do they accept credit card payment or must payment be in cash?

1 hour ago, Sexyfarangman said:

Do they accept credit card payment or must payment be in cash?

Credit card accepted. 

There is a 3% surchage for using plastic though.

Archived