IGNORED

Siam Country Club Membership

plpkr88

Hey,

I am moving to Pattaya for at least a year at the start of June. I am considering getting membership at Siam Country Club. The three course package. My question is. Is it difficult to find other members to play with??? Is sticking with a couple of the golf societies a better option. Is there a sizeable expat membership at this course? Do they run regular competitions for members like courses in the UK do??

Any info would be very much appreciated.

Memberships are expensive and if your going to play only a Year not worth it..Resident here is another story...A few Golf Bars Play this course but keep in mind it is one of the Most Expensive courses around....There are 26 Quality courses you can play so keep your options open........Finding Members to play should not be to hard but the most have Groups they play with...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Pattaya Sport Club has a Membership Card for 500 baht a Year that gives you great Discounts on Golf and other sports...3rd Road near Pattaya Nua....This will save you lots of Money and can help you locate other players as well as Transport back and forth..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

OP are you referring to the deal they have run for the last couple of years - 50/60k baht play any of the 3 courses Mon - Friday?

If so presume you realise you still have to pay the caddy fee, cart fee and caddy tip as well?

Yes there are a number of expats who are members (I knew a couple and used to play regularly there some years ago but not any more) but getting to know them or find others to play with I would have thought not that easy. As far as I know there is no such thing as a weekly medal or whatever. Perhaps a member could comment especially if I have it completely wrong?

Pipkr,

If you do decide to go with a membership is certainly worth getting to know some of the members to get a game with. the Golf Club in LK Metro used to play at the Old Course a couple of times a week , don't know if they still do as the guy that used to organise does not work there anymore.

The Courtyard just off Siam Country Club Rd at the chicken cross roads plays there on a Tuesday & Thursday. If you stop in there either of those days around 3 o'clock the guys should be in there ask for Geoff Couch the owner.

I am not sure if they ae doing the yearly memberships again. The maintenance for members is 40,000 baht for Old Course & 69,000 baht for all 3 courses. You need to play a couple of times a week to make it worthwhile. Memberships are currently between 250 & 300 k depending on how long they have left. If you  buy one of the original life memberships it will revert to 20 years once transfer is done, you can on sell at any time .  This is the time of year quiet a few come on the market as maintenance due in June os guys that haven't been playing look to unload. 

I will try & find out if they still have the yearly deal & let you know 

Playing with the golf societies is a good option, apart from the variety of golf you meet lots of guys so socially its better. With Siam you are probably restricted.

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Playing with the golf societies is a good option, apart from the variety of golf you meet lots of guys so socially its better. With Siam you are probably restricted.

Very true

• 1 month later...
On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:11 PM, Kanga said:

OP are you referring to the deal they have run for the last couple of years - 50/60k baht play any of the 3 courses Mon - Friday?

If so presume you realise you still have to pay the caddy fee, cart fee and caddy tip as well?

Yes there are a number of expats who are members (I knew a couple and used to play regularly there some years ago but not any more) but getting to know them or find others to play with I would have thought not that easy. As far as I know there is no such thing as a weekly medal or whatever. Perhaps a member could comment especially if I have it completely wrong?

I am currently a member of all 3 courses, 69,000 baht for the privilege, Yes not easy to find guys to play with, Siam really does cater for the visitors and not much care for the members. they have started member comps poorly run of course....the outback bar has now regular tee times at these courses, so pop in and speak to Andre...great guy and nice bar to meet new guys.

• 3 months later...

Siam is far and above all other tracks 

RT 

Archived