IGNORED

Rockys Burgers - Soi Diana

sagitarius123

1 hour ago, jerrygarcia said:

Damn.  I had this on my food hit list.  Where can I get a good cheap burger now?

Dunno but if you really want some greasy meat, why not try some of the Doner kebab stands?

27 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

Dunno but if you really want some greasy meat, why not try some of the Doner kebab stands?

I had many a Doner kebabs on my last trip.  (check the trip report)

But I want burgers.  Japanese can't do burgers or pizza for shit, as simple as it is. 

5 minutes ago, jerrygarcia said:

But I want burgers.  Japanese can't do burgers or pizza for shit, as simple as it is. 

This is true...but we have some options. There is a place called Beer Animal near Kanda station in Tokyo. It's run by expats they serve a mean burger. Also Friday's has a good one. I think you said you are in Chiba? No clue there. As for Pats, Jims Burgers gets good reviews. I had the burger at Pattaya Beer Garden...it wasn't bad.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:41 AM, jerrygarcia said:

I do not know about Pizza, but there is a Burger Place in Vegas that is killer, FUKU Burger that is a Japanese fusion burger plus I love the name, all little Asian girls working the counter and I know they heard this a 1000 times already but I keep saying it, I want a Fuck you with nothing on you. Get a, your a dick look, but I giggle every time

If you thought I was that advanced would you ask me if I understood?.” 

SN7tukw.gif

On 5/31/2017 at 11:08 PM, golden_boy said:

So i thought id check this place out. Went tonight about 10pm. Shut down 10 days ago. Spoke with a guy there at the premises. Foreign european accent. Told me had to close 10 days ago. 

EDIT - he said quite location was reason for closure. Shame as id made effort to visit after reading OP.

italian guy. he had the short lived fresh mart 24 near cafe pitini previously. place now closed, contents up for sale. traded approx 7 weeks.

Damn thats sad, reading this thread I was looking forward to visiting next trip as its just around the corner from my hotel.

Looked god, prices good and apparently food was good, so what went wrong?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I think that the location off of soi Diana just didn't have enough foot traffic.  Also as well-intentioned as the restaurant was, it may not have been "special" enough to find success in an area with so many other food options. Regardless, I applaud them for having tried. They really made a good effort.

• 3 months later...

i went past the site today and there were a bunch of thais praying a falang at the back with his hands clasped and a lone monk out front doing a blessing. my initial thought was they needed a lot more monks.

looks like it may become a bar, for a while at least. i will keep a watchful eye on my walks to see what ensues

On 9/23/2017 at 15:09, striderman said:

i went past the site today and there were a bunch of thais praying a falang at the back with his hands clasped and a lone monk out front doing a blessing. my initial thought was they needed a lot more monks.

looks like it may become a bar, for a while at least. i will keep a watchful eye on my walks to see what ensues

bar opened this sunday or maybe even last night ....................no name up yet....................

59c7b0a5e99f8_sept24002(Custom).JPG.d7dd6f6cb6f4e7a85ad64f32006ea54d.JPG

Archived