IGNORED

$308.32 MEL-BKK Return - May to Jul via Jetstar

Regulator

Just booked a Melbourne to Bangkok return ticket for $308.32, including cc booking fee.

Dates are in May, however sales goes through to July.

So cheap, hard not to book. 

Melbourne guys get a quick trip in

46 minutes ago, Regulator said:

Just booked a Melbourne to Bangkok return ticket for $308.32, including cc booking fee.

Dates are in May, however sales goes through to July.

So cheap, hard not to book. 

Melbourne guys get a quick trip in

Which airline? booked through airline?  I'm trying to get a mate to join me on my trip, were in syd, but his brother works for virgin so can get a cheapie to melbourne.

A cheap arse airfare like this would make it almost impossible for him to say no to!

Whoops jetstar direct flight

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

jetstar ,,,direct flight on their website ....look at "deals ".Great price ,thanks for the heads up

That's awesome man! Booked mine through Jetstar for $504 return oct/nov

had I not added checked baggage and food I would have saved $200

all good though, props to Jetstar for decent price on a direct flight!

• 4 weeks later...

I may be flying that route, so if anyone has actually flown Jetstar Asia to MEL, please let us know if you survived.

1 hour ago, Explorer8939 said:

I may be flying that route, so if anyone has actually flown Jetstar Asia to MEL, please let us know if you survived.

Jetstar is the budget end of Qantas. On flights to Thailand they have nice newish Boeing 787 Dreamliners. Quite comfortable plane. Skytrax

I've flown return Melbourne-Bangkok return two or three times; day flight out but overnight back.

In February I flew one-way Phuket-Melbourne. I'd flown out on Scoot: Melbourne-Singapore-Utapao (Pattaya/Rayong airport with 40 minute immigration queue).

The price Jetstar and other budget carriers advertise is just a come-on, they indulge in 'drip pricing'; the 'next screen' asks if you have baggage; do you want a meal? etc etc. So you need to work out the real bottom line. Similar to car advertising until the law stipulated the advertised price must be 'driveaway'.

Tip, check the flight is direct: some are via Singapore so take quite a bit longer.

Jetstar Airways Pty Ltd

My next trip I have booked on ThaiAir; after all the add-ons, it was not much more for a full-service airline with 30kg baggage, good for bringing shopping home.

'World's worst airline'? No, it's not Jetstar, regardless of what you've heard

http://www.traveller.com.au/worlds-worst-airline-no-its-not-jetstar-regardless-of-what-youve-heard-gvue56

On website of 'The Age', Melbourne, today.

I've flown Sydney to Phuket with Jetstar. It was ok, nothing special or terribly bad.

It is a LCC so wasn't expecting much anyways, other than cheap flights.

If they had a direct route Syd-Bkk I would fly with them if they were the cheapest.

• 3 months later...

Ok, I flew Jetstar BKK-MEL and survived.

the first thing I noticed, if you didn't pre-pay, not only was there no food, but nothing to drink. It was a red-eye, and I slept the whole flight, so I didn't mind.

secondly, for a small fee, I could select my seat, and I chose one with huge legroom, so I could sleep. Which I did.

You can bring your own food on board and there is a water dispenser as well.

Do you research it's a no frills airline.

Just be thankful it wasn't delayed or cancelled.

I went online to look at booking a Dec trip, cheapest rtn was almost $900 for a base fare! Dates of travel for the cheapie?

Archived