IGNORED

Unrequested true internet upgrade

Soi7

I have had a true package 12 megabyte down 1 megabyte up for years it's always been plenty fast and it's 600 baht The Price is Right. I got a call yesterday telling me a technician wanted to come by give me a new 4 Port router modem combination and my speed would be increased to 30 megabyte down 5 megabyte up. This at no additional cost so they show up at the time they said they would 1 p.m. took 5 minutes to install this new router modem combo and I'm off and running. Anybody else been upgraded I'm sure this must be a ongoing thing with older customers Maybe

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

2 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

I have had a true package 12 megabyte down 1 megabyte up for years it's always been plenty fast and it's 600 baht The Price is Right. I got a call yesterday telling me a technician wanted to come by give me a new 4 Port router modem combination and my speed would be increased to 30 megabyte down 5 megabyte up. This at no additional cost so they show up at the time they said they would 1 p.m. took 5 minutes to install this new router modem combo and I'm off and running. Anybody else been upgraded I'm sure this must be a ongoing thing with older customers Maybe

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

They did the same to me - up to the 30MB package + new router, 599 I think it is. That was about 18 months ago though - they are probably getting rid of the old stock on the gullible 555. Seriously it doesnt really do them any favours leaving people on old speeds and as they now have 70mb and 100mb available they very probably really do need to use it up.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

About two months ago, saw another post talking about internet speeds. From that post I noticed they were getting faster speed for less than I was paying. Quick call to True had them out about three days later with a new router and I'm now surfing at 20M DL/7M UL for 599B. This had been my experience back in the USA. After a year or two, technology and pricing improves, but usually takes a call to get your current plan upgraded. Kudos to True for calling Soi7 to offer him the better package.

From your posts I also see you're getting better DL speeds, but slower UL for the 600B. I'm happy with anything above 10M, so willing to trade some of the DL bandwidth for an increase in UL. The increase in UL helps with VOIP, which I use quite a bit for business.

Thank you Soi7 for the update.

I saw on their website  that they have upgraded the speed of many packages.

I just called them ( 1686 ) and for the same price, my optic fiber internet line will be updraded from 30mbs to 50mbs (I just will receive an SMS when it will be done in less than 3 days, they dont need to change my modem).

1 hour ago, Soi7 said:

Anybody else been upgraded I'm sure this must be a ongoing thing with older customers Maybe

Hi. The same happened last month to a friend near BigC Xtra

They told him they want all their customers in this area to switch on VDSL

so that they can remove old ADSL equipments to  put more VDSL ones.

Archived