Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya beer garden food

tobeornottobe

On 3/30/2017 at 17:46, davidge said:

Ate in an Italian restaurant in Jomtien last trip - forget the name but not too far from the arch, almost opposite Natans. Quite expensive. The salad was large so I only ate about half the leaves etc. The manageress/owner took the plate into the kitchen and I could see her telling the cook to reuse it!

how could you tell that?  do you speak thai and lip read.    I really doubt that happened in an expensive restaurant and on the off chance it did you would not have seen it

The food's okay , the view is great .....just can't get out of my mind that it's situated on a place that has the highest rat population in Pattaya.....the beach.

Edited by Syco

I like it there great atmosphere and they do beer towers on your table, plus food has always been ok for us. my mate raves about his tuna salad and i like the spicy chilli nachos, plus your lady friends can make their own som tam for free. Or you can use your beer mat to attract a freelancer. (never done it myself but its always talked about) 

5 hours ago, just hanging said:

how could you tell that?  do you speak thai and lip read.    I really doubt that happened in an expensive restaurant and on the off chance it did you would not have seen it

My table had a view of the kitchen and the door was open.

I saw what happened.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I love the place! Food is great! Red curry, chicken Cashew and Pad Krapow Gai are all good meals to have in PBG.

Cant be beaten for views and relaxing atmosphere. It's a little bit more expensive than your average Thai food place but nothing that will break the bank. Probably each meal is 20-50 baht more than your average Thai food joint. I'd pay that just for the view at sunset.

Their Irish coffee deserves a mention!

In recent years I've eaten at PBG on a regular basis

The food as always been OK

I like the view and theres normally a nice breeze

And I like the music video's

Last time I was in Pattaya I found a nice little bar called So's on Soi 15 between 2nd Road and Soi Buakoaw. The foos is delicious and cheap.  And the staff are always friendly

Best place to have a nice dinner while soaking in all the scenic views Pattaya has to offer. And it's not expensive too. I've had most of my dinners at this place and next trip I'm going to show the green side of the coaster and get a take away as well. LOL

I have championed the beer garden on PA for years.

On a recent visit I had a burger and to be honest it was horrible, it looked similar to the vegetarian burger you used to get at Burger King, It tasted a lot worse.

It was some sort of marinated , breadcrumb filling concoction inside a stale bap and totally inedible. Generally marinate is used to disguise(or enhance) taste, I never put sauce or ketchup on my burgers as I want to taste the meat

A member of staff(carrying a walkie talkie, so must have been important)asked me if I enjoyed my meal?...after I left a full plate. However and , I do regret not saying much more, I said it didn't taste right, quoting the veg burger description and she shrugged her shoulders. I didn't persist as it is difficult to explain to someone that the food they served up was disgusting without sounding aggressive.

I will give it another try on a future trip, but it has tainted my outlook on the place.

^^^^ The one`s in blue and the radio`s are supervisor`s of sorts,and part of their job is sorting problems. I use it most nights on my trips now,and even more so now the Roo bar has closed,don`t always eat in there now white pines has opened ,but have never had any problems nor seen any tbh. not saying it`s the best  or cheapest in town ,it`s not but for the amount of people they serve during the day and especially when packed at night i don`t thing they do a bad job.Although there`s not so many FL`s in there nowdays,a few often eat at the bar,so they are not doing so please their Farang partners,so they must be happy with it.....^^^^

I had a burger the other day, and it was terrible. I think I'd stick to the Thai food if I was to eat there again. Nice view though.

I know this is probally the wrong thread but could anyone tell me if the beer garden bar ladies are available to barfine

8 minutes ago, ireland2012 said:

I know this is probally the wrong thread but could anyone tell me if the beer garden bar ladies are available to barfine

There are a few FL`s sat around the bar from about 9pm no bar fine needed. Some of the staff will go,but more ground work needed and can not be barfined while working .....when they finish or before they start is another thing.

Thanks for reply,,,,,,,,,,,,,,im watching one lady at the moment only problem is if  I ask her and she refuses or have boyfriend it might put me off going in there again................and I go there often

6 minutes ago, ireland2012 said:

Thanks for reply,,,,,,,,,,,,,,im watching one lady at the moment only problem is if  I ask her and she refuses or have boyfriend it might put me off going in there again................and I go there often

You mean she`s staff?.......not a problem either way,she should take it as a compliment . If you don`t ask you will never know? Won`t be the first time she`s been asked,but a few of them are married,one or two to the guys behind the bar.

If you mean the head cashier.....keep your hands off...........only joking she has a farang boyfriend and won`t go,but she won`t bite your head off either.

2 minutes ago, brooksie said:

You mean she`s staff?.......not a problem either way,she should take it as a compliment . If you don`t ask you will never know? Won`t be the first time she`s been asked,but a few of them are married,one or two to the guys behind the bar.

If you mean the head cashier.....keep your hands off...........only joking she has a farang boyfriend and won`t go,but she won`t bite your head off either.

thanks for that info      ill keep watching for a while    and may move soon               yes she;s staff not the cashier            shes only there   about 3 months I think    are you a regular there also

I like going at night for a glass of wine. Have to be a bit pissed first, so i can't taste the wine :)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ireland2012 said:

thanks for that info      ill keep watching for a while    and may move soon               yes she;s staff not the cashier            shes only there   about 3 months I think    are you a regular there also

Most nights on my trips yes,but last trip was in July so i might not know her. More chance of me knowing her if she`s dressed in blue? they have been there longer. And i don`t know the daytime staff hardly at all.

2 minutes ago, brooksie said:

Most nights on my trips yes,but last trip was in July so i might not know her. More chance of me knowing her if she`s dressed in blue? they have been there longer. And i don`t know the daytime staff hardly at all.

Thanks again for info        let me know when you go again ,,,,,,,,,,,,,I owe you a drink

7 minutes ago, ireland2012 said:

Thanks again for info        let me know when you go again ,,,,,,,,,,,,,I owe you a drink

Let me know how you get on will you.....you`re piqued my interest.

I have been a few times for food and have never had an issue with it. Lovely view and a cooling breeze sometimes. I have only eaten Thai and it's always tasty enough. A Thai girl I was with had a hamburger which was odd and it looked decent and the wedges she loved them.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Great place. Very nice view, especially at sunset, all around great relaxed vibe there. Food is more than good enough for the price which is very fair, portions are adequate and the menu is extensive. Lots of different farang food and Thai food to choose from. If you don’t want to spend to much it’s a great place and can’t really think of many other places with a view that good and a fair price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 21:24, brooksie said:

Let me know how you get on will you.....you`re piqued my interest.

No luck brooksie                    she has a foreign boyfriend             from guess where  ?       she was nice about it though    friendly  I'll continue my visits there ,,,,,,,,,,but ill keep the staff at other side of bar

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 14:28, taylor1975 said:

Pad kra pow and ....i can't remember the name of the other one

1939f97f1a68aa939d4bc93861c142e1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would guess Laab Moo,the two things I like there.

42 minutes ago, ireland2012 said:

No luck brooksie                    she has a foreign boyfriend             from guess where  ?       she was nice about it though    friendly  I'll continue my visits there ,,,,,,,,,,but ill keep the staff at other side of bar

OK Never mind at least you know now, does she wait tables or serve behind the bar? hope it does not stop you looking or asking somebody else in there, in my experience they are all pretty nice girls/women and certainly won`t mind you asking. Nothing ventured nothing gained and all that....At a guess i would say the boyfriend is English or Irish? Care to name her ,being as you lucked out ? unlikely i know her if she`s i recent starter though......good luck in future in any case.