IGNORED

Pattaya beer garden food

tobeornottobe

On 03/04/2017 at 9:39 PM, samlin said:

Had no complaints about the thai food but last time i was there i thought i would try the Lasagne, it was disgusting.

I had the lasagne a couple of weeks back and quite enjoyed it.

view is nice but who can stand the heat in the afternoons? And during the nite , its too dark too see anything, you don't know what you are eating!

Please remember to like and subscribe.

• 1 month later...

I usually just stick with the light snacks to pair with some beer so can't offer to much help! The Italian in Thailand doesn't sound very appealing. Stick with local cuisine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, jim888lu said:

I usually just stick with the light snacks to pair with some beer so can't offer to much help! The Italian in Thailand doesn't sound very appealing. Stick with local cuisine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent Italian (Sicilian) at La Bocca in Jomtien. Not cheap though.

Cannoli to die for.

Edited by davidge

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 2 weeks later...

Only ever tried the pad thai which I thought was quite good.

Big Mike.

I have found the food to be very consistent over the years and yes you're going to find service a little off or the food not as good is it normally is ever once in a while. I think you will find this at any restaurant.

I go there at least a couple of times each trip. I have a friend that visits here with her daughter and the PBG is restaurant they want to go. I think the view at night also has something to do with the attraction.

I usually stick to the 'fish and chips' or the 'green chicken curry' and find it as good as anywhere else in Pattaya.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Their Thai food is pretty good, I usually get stuff from the Esan food section.

On 29.3.2017 at 10:37 AM, Ohyesuare said:

Nothing special. Quality has gone down in my opinion. Plenty of places to get better and cheaper thai and falang food. You're just paying for the view and seating. 

But that view is well worth it.

I never picked up a lady in there, but often enjoyed a drink or three and a cigar. And the view.

Edited by max333
typo

My ex works there so I have frequented the establishment a lot.

one of the best views in patts.

food is decent, place is always rammed.

they do up to 2000 dishes a day.

must be doing something right!

cNt please everyone.

Never taken a girl there that didn't like it. Good selection of food both Thai and western. Great view decent service, What's not to like? I never eat western food in LOS so can't comment on the quality of the western food but the Thai is decent and not expensive given the location. 

Had mixed experiences.  First time I went I got a burger and fries, a couple beers.  Food was good.  Tremendous view.  Second time I went I got sick later on, but I ordered Fettuccine Alfredo, and I might have gotten sick because of walking around in the heat after eating that creamy cheese-based sauce. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2017 at 9:30 AM, Perthie said:

PBG is a nice little spot to have a bite to eat in good company.  Top views of the ocean and surrounds, and unless it's changed since I was last there the best tables (outside over the ocean) fill up quickly during the evening.

The food selection is pretty good, but like many restaurants the quality is a bit variable as it depends on the Chef, and Chefs tend to come and go.  TG's I have taken there have never complained about the Thai food, which is not something I can say about several other places that I habitually frequent.

Worth checking out and trying the food to see what you think for yourself.  If the Chef on site is up to the mark, I reckon dining there is pretty good more often than mediocre over the years.  Never had any gastric troubles myself from food at the PBG.

Cheers

Perthie

Its been 8 years ( i used live there ) but the Somtam used to be free for your Thai lady friend/wife to prepare herself .I mainly went years ago for the cheap draught beer and the free UK newspapers .

I do like their music, but my go to meal is no.66, the chicken strips. They are actually breasts and fill you up. They have a nice dipping sauce and for 120 baht can't be beaten for taste and value!

should check out kevs review:

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

26 minutes ago, stacksreg123 said:

No .NO ,dont force me to listen to that gob shite ,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chiang mai Tony said:

No .NO ,dont force me to listen to that gob shite ,

:D:D:D

I feel like he's a good guy trying to give his honest opinion on  whats goin on in Pattaya, but his accent is quite annoying being used to american english :D

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

1 minute ago, stacksreg123 said:

:D:D:D

I feel like he's a good guy trying to give his honest opinion on  whats goin on in Pattaya, but his accent is quite annoying being used to american english :D

Even other English /Irish people hate his accent .Its AWFUL !! (he is from London and has a low class accent not a posh one like Prince Charles ;-) 

• Like 1

Sometimes I'm like: Wait... was that english?

:D:D

5 hours ago, Chiang mai Tony said:

Even other English /Irish people hate his accent .Its AWFUL !! (he is from London and has a low class accent not a posh one like Prince Charles ;-) 

And all of them are jealous that he is a Londoner!

• Like 2

Tried a few of their Western and Thai dishes. Not the worst or the best. I found (from the bits of Thai food I ended up eating) that the smaller hidden away places had the tastier stuff at good prices for nice size portions

• 4 weeks later...

Had dinner there one night,service and atmosphere good as was my meal.

will give it another go next time I'm in country!

On 8/12/2017 at 20:18, stacksreg123 said:

This is the third or fourth time somebody has posted a video from this guy. Am I the only one who can't understand WTF he's saying?

• 1 month later...

last meal I had in there was 5 yrs ago , sorry 2 say laid me up in bed for 5 days , well toilet and bed , then 4 more days did not dare leave the condo to be on the safe side, on the plus side I lost a load of weight :-)

Food is ok, staff are fun and I've a blast drinking with some of the FL and took one stunner out but lately the FL are drying up.

I've eaten in the four times so far this last week. The truth is its a little hit and miss,  but generally pretty good. Enjoyed three of the meals very much, but night before last my chicken wasn't fully cooked, I spat it out the moment it entered my mouth.

It was a really packed night there, and I think if it's too busy with customers the cooking of the food can suffer, as the orders are rushed through