Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Smokin' Joe's....superb!

LOTTELLEE WINNA

In my February mini Trip Report (,) I mentioned in passing that my buddies and i dined at Smokin' Joe's...here is a little more detail of our culinary experience.

Soi Lenkee is IMHO a brilliant place to eat, - among my favorites are The Haven (for breakfast) and Steak and Co (for an upmarket Steak meal). Now add the list Smokin Joes - a sister eaterie to Steak and Co and is squarely focused on U.S.-style barbecue. with some Tex-Mex and Thai dishes to round out the menu.  Smokin' Joe's is a more casual eaterie than the steak-house next door. It is comfortable and offers the right sort of environment in which to enjoy a BBQ meal.

We had a couple of absolutely awesome feeds here - we ordered  full racks of ribs and the large portion of pulled pork, what a feast! The portions served were generous, and the quality, well the meat fell off the bone and every mouthful was delicious. Plenty of choice with the side dishes which were also well prepared and tasty.  The staff get top marks for customer service.

Price wise, I found this place to be very competitive - they also offer great value daily specials (sit down by 5 pm).

Will be back for sure

(My thanks to 'Evil' for piccie 1)

Image result for smokin joes pattaYA

12.jpg

11a.jpg

Yeah im a huge fan of this place. 2nd best bbq place ive been to in Thailand to Smoking Pug BKK. Value wise Joes is much better priced the pug.

I've done 10+ visits to this place now. That sunday ribs brisket combo is enough for 2 meals by the way. 

I got the ribs brisket combo on Sunday. Was very good for the price. I went with the Memphis style (no sauce) expecting a good thick bark created by the rub, but it wasn't there. Still very good ribs but weren't as flavorful as I would have liked. I recommend getting sauced ribs to anyone thinking of going. 

Was there a couple days ago, ordered the ribs and brisket special. 

Huge rack of ribs and tender beef.

I like the concept of picking two sides to go with your meal.

Was there a couple days ago, ordered the ribs and brisket special. 

Huge rack of ribs and tender beef.

I like the concept of picking two sides to go with your meal.

I agree LW. The meal I had in February was superb. I was actually heading to Steak and Co but stepped into the wrong building unintentionally so ended up at Smokin Joes and didn't regret it.

Thanks for post. Will be there in just over a month so will try it out. 

great place,  order about half of what you think you can eat the portions huge.

Grea burgers too!

Will check it out especially the Mexican dishes.

Is it better than Tequila Reef ?

29 minutes ago, MaGiK said:

moved to Restaurant Section.

Many thanks for moving it mate. Ta.

Can you compare to Tequila reef or another Mexican joint ?

I love tex mex food.

1 hour ago, MaGiK said:

Can you compare to Tequila reef or another Mexican joint ?

I love tex mex food.

+1, yes please can you compare. MaGiK is a man after my own heart - not enough Europeans truly appreciate Tex Mex I find.

Just now, tinkytaylor said:

+1, yes please can you compare. MaGiK is a man after my own heart - not enough Europeans truly appreciate Tex Mex I find.

Beside the joke, i didn't find good quality Tex Mex here in France :(

Whan i'm in Patts i love to hit American BBQ or Mexican style food, it's so different than our standard :)

On 29/03/2017 at 9:39 AM, Ohyesuare said:

They don't give bread with the ribs so I'll never eat there.

Oh fuck, don't start that guy off again please !

Please please please please :D

On 3/29/2017 at 5:23 PM, MaGiK said:

Will check it out especially the Mexican dishes.

Is it better than Tequila Reef ?

In my opinion, maybe a little bit better (not saying much), but suggest checking out Dave's Cantina instead. The owner mentioned in another thread his focus hasn't been on the Mexican because the rib menu is of course the core of the business. 

3 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

In my opinion, maybe a little bit better (not saying much), but suggest checking out Dave's Cantina instead. The owner mentioned in another thread his focus hasn't been on the Mexican because the rib menu is of course the core of the business. 

Dave Cantina, best Mexican tex-mex in town you think ?

4 hours ago, MaGiK said:

Dave Cantina, best Mexican tex-mex in town you think ?

Yes. Easily. It's a small menu though but that's OK. 

I want to clarify my comment a bit about Dave's. It isn't actually specifically Tex-Mex style (like using ground beef as they don't). It's more like a combination of California style Mex and Mexican style as well. Without getting overly fixated about what style it is, I'd say check it out and like most people looking for Mexican food in town you're probably going to rate it high. I do think it's the best Mexican restaurant in town overall without reservation. No reservations needed. 

What the heck ... it's so good, I think it deserves it's own thread. 

Smokin Joes and Steak & Co are in the same ownership in adjoining property so why have separation ?

Better one big restaurant that is Steak & BBQ, one big kitchen one cashier one set of waiting people, not to have 2 of each.

Go with people and can have both menu in one place so happy for all.

Strange for me to have 2 places, Steak & Co was initial then bought for next premises but keep separate and not combine.

Its not that one is very expensive and the other not for both are not small money places.

If you know why these are made separate please share for I can not see why because it is more expensive for the owner having 2.

In very simple terms he did not own the business Smokin Joes until last year when the previous restaurant there was bought out and Smokin Joes was created and opened next door to his place Steak and Co.

The guest house above the restaurants have been joined together and opened up

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                       Current Trip report:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/356324-a-return-to-the-promised-land-an-ongoing-trip-report-dec-2021-2022/

Yes I know this, my question is why not join together at time of buying instead of to change and equip to keep separate ?

More strange if the joining of guest houses accommodation was done

Archived