IGNORED

Beach Rd to Areca Lodge

legalis

Quick question. If I happen to pick up a Freelancer around beach rd, is Areca a long walk from their? Considering splitting my time between LK Empress due to its Beach location, and Areca but would prefer Areca for the whole 10 days. (Staying my first 6 days in China Gardens Guest house down from Areca). Also, is it better to book now or walk in and book when I get there (I have booked China Gardens so have 6 days to book). Appreciate peoples opinions.

IMO for Areca Lodge its better to book now and  pay 890 bth for memebrship, i think around 1300 bth for night and there is no long way frim beach road id u dont have problem for 10 min walk...areca its perfect ,especially superior room on evergreen building...

Evergreen building is excellent. However, price will be 1,900THB+.

Thai women (indeed Thai people generally) don't do walking. From BR, you will need a motorbike taxi to Areca.

it really depends where exactly on BR your freelancer is loacated. if she is standing somewhere between soi 13<-->mikes shopping mall<-->central festival it is very doable, if she isn't wearing high heels and doesn't mind a little walk. anything further to like the royal garden plaza or even the beginning of WS is a good 30 min walk.

i am not a big BR guy but staying at VT 6 was a perfect location, having a main entrance from 2nd road and a sneaky one from beach road, secured with a keycard and gate. they are right in your face on the other side of the street, just wonderful.

i stayed at areca main and the evergreen wing in 3 different rooms from 2k to 2.5k a night and all bathrooms were a big letdown. very old and ugly designed, no walk-in shower, just a shower head inside the bathtub. meh...

arecas loaction overall is not to beat. you have beer bars right on soi diana, a few agogos at LK Metro, nice ST venues at soi honey and chaiyapoon and even bliss lounge on 3rd road is just a 10 min walk away.

Archived