Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Land office condo transfer - Sign myself or give lawyer power of attorney

jimmyhat1000

So as the title says, I am going to be buying a condo in the next week or two and am wondering what others have done at the land office.

Sign myself - Has obvious benefits in that my signature will be all over the ownership documents at the land office. The drawback is that I will have no idea what is written on the documents as it is all in Thai language.

Give power of attorney to lawyer - Has obvious drawbacks in that I am trusting a Thai lawyer with handling my property transfer. The one benefit I do see in doing this however is that if something does go wrong then the liability will be with the law firm as I have given them power of attorney and therefore it is their responsibility to make sure everything goes well.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this topic? Has anyone had experience doing either option which they care to share?

You could also take English native speaking lawyer who is connected to a Thai law firm ....several in Pattaya...http://magnacarta.co.th/our-staff/

so you can rely and trust  bit more ..or ask questions ....In any case I would sign myself at land office . in presence of that lawyer ...

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

14 hours ago, jimmyhat1000 said:

So as the title says, I am going to be buying a condo in the next week or two and am wondering what others have done at the land office.

Sign myself - Has obvious benefits in that my signature will be all over the ownership documents at the land office. The drawback is that I will have no idea what is written on the documents as it is all in Thai language.

Give power of attorney to lawyer - Has obvious drawbacks in that I am trusting a Thai lawyer with handling my property transfer. The one benefit I do see in doing this however is that if something does go wrong then the liability will be with the law firm as I have given them power of attorney and therefore it is their responsibility to make sure everything goes well.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this topic? Has anyone had experience doing either option which they care to share?

I am a little confused here are you buying with an relater or direct from the owner ?.

if a relater he should have one of his staff go with you and translate all for you.

if direct from the owner then not so and you would be prudent to get a thai to translate the documents with you.

if you would like help with this call me 0871483894.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Clearly you have decided not to call me.

Good luck with your purchase my offer to help has expired.

JDM   

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Archived