IGNORED

Sick for almost 3 weeks

Bangkokbanjo

So ive been living in pattaya since end of January .  About 3 weeks ago, i developed an annoying cough with a slight cold.  Finally went to pattaya memorial and good some meds. It seems to work after a few days, but then when i thought i was out of the woods, it came back as bad as ever.  Ive checked my ac filter in my apt and its very clean.  Anyone else have an experience like this here?  Dr said its most likely due to pollution here 

Could be anything. Sounds like an infection if you had antibiotics and you didn't do a long enough course. Go back to doctors as you need another examination.

I used to have it every trip for over a week.

last trip i turned off airco at night and that do the trick. When your throat really dries out overnight you are really prone to any infections. 

If using the aircon at night place a small container or water on say a wardrobe or something equally high up,this will stop the dry throats/colds as the aircon will take the moisture from there...........works  :D

On 2017-03-27 at 6:31 AM, Bangkokbanjo said:

So ive been living in pattaya since end of January .  About 3 weeks ago, i developed an annoying cough with a slight cold.  Finally went to pattaya memorial and good some meds. It seems to work after a few days, but then when i thought i was out of the woods, it came back as bad as ever.  Ive checked my ac filter in my apt and its very clean.  Anyone else have an experience like this here?  Dr said its most likely due to pollution here 

Do you live in your own apartment that you clean yourself,

or do you live in a hotel or serviced apartment that is cleaned by maids?

I personally have big respiratory problems staying in some hotels,

as the Thai cleaners often like to use different chemical sprays: 

like sprays to hide Cigarette smell,

to make the room artificially smell of "fresh flowers",

pesticide sprays against mosquitos and cockroaches,

and strong smelling antiseptic cleaning detergents for floors and so on...

These can make your life a hell if your are sensitive, with flulike symptoms like head ache, 

runny nose, cough and lung problems!

Just happened to me in BKK last week as I stayed 3 days in a new hotel,

as I entered the room I could feel a flowery perfumelike smell,

that soon started to make my nose itch, next day head ache and runny nose, that continued!

Checked out on the third day with a stuffed nose and head ache,

and went back to my normal smellfree room in Pattaya.

It was an immediaterelief and after about 24 hours all the symptoms had resided and my nose started to dry up!

It wasn't a flu or cold, as It always takes longer at least 2 weeks or sometimes more to clear up!

Not first time either as in about 50 % of the hotels I've stayed there has been a big problem with strong smells!

So might be worth to check out if some spray has been used in your room, especially if the symptoms doesn't get better!

I've stayed in rooms were maids unknowingly has sprayed pillows and sheets with insect pesticides that can be potentially deadly if you inhale them for a long time!

Plahgat

ps Remember the mystery deaths at Downtown Inn in Chiang Mai back in 2011, when several people mostly tourists died suddenly under unclear  circumstances all connected to this hotel, took a long time until it was showned that they died of insecticide use that the hotels maids had used to get rid of bugs in some of the rooms!

http://www.newshub.co.nz/nznews/thailand-deaths-evidence-sarah-carter-killed-by-insecticide-2011050817

When no money... she no give honey! 

had a bad bout of dry cough for a couple weeks, bronchitis, treated with oral antibiotics... turned out to be a pulmonary embolism...  

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Did you finish all your meds in one round?

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

It's going around at the moment. I've have a mild dry cough for a several days now. I hear Thais coughing all over the place.

A tip for OP: If your condition worsens and the prescribed antibiotics aren't doing the job then go to one of Pattaya's VD clinics and ask for a couple shots in the ass. The general clinics just have regular antibiotics but the VD doctors have the real strong shit. I got a bad bacterial infection in the lungs a few years ago and tried a couple different doctors who prescribed regular antibiotics. My condition didn't improve so I tried Buakhao Clinic, which is primarily a VD clinic. The lady doc gave me a shot in the ass, and I had to come back for the next 2 days for further shots in the ass - total 3 shots and by day 4 I was good as gold. 

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Archived