IGNORED

Courtyard Hotel leaving Marriott Hotel Group

rajs123

Hello Folks.

Just wanted to let you know that the Courtyard hotel in Pattaya will no longer be part of the Marriott chain from April 9 2017. I found this out when I tried to make a reservation for December using my points.

There is a Renaissance hotel (part of the Marriott Chain) that will be opening sometime in September 2017 but it is about 15 kms away from Walking Street. So it is not really a good option for us Marriott Rewards members who like to use points for stays in Pattaya.

Unfortunately this means no more Marriott points earned in Pattaya. No SPG either. To satisfy my hotel points addiction I will probably go accorhotels. I don't consider Hilton because of the cost. Maybe it's time to sign up for IHG and stay at the Holiday Inn. 

I stayed at the courtyard in January.  It was definitely not up to the same standard as other courtyards I've stayed at in Asia. 

Good for Marriott to dump this place from their portfolio 

Accor is a better hotel chain in Pattaya. They have 7 hotels in Pattaya/Jomtien. From 3 star Ibis to 5 star Pullman. Since last year, you could book the other hotels in Pattaya through Accor and get points. Last month, I stayed in Mera Mare. It is not a Accor hotel but I got Accor points.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:50 PM, rajs123 said:

Hello Folks.

Just wanted to let you know that the Courtyard hotel in Pattaya will no longer be part of the Marriott chain from April 9 2017. I found this out when I tried to make a reservation for December using my points.

There is a Renaissance Hotel (part of the Marriott Chain) that will be opening sometime in September 2017 but it is about 15 kms away from walking street. So it is not really a good option for us Marriott Rewards members who like to use points for stays in Pattaya.

That sucks... I always stayed at the big Marriott by Royal Garden with points. To be frank, I travel so much for work I've never paid a hotel or room in Thailand. I always used Marriott in Pattaya, Phuket and BKK.. This is terrible new for me. I've been on a 3 year hiatus from LOS but plan on going back next month for a quick 17-21 days.

I do have some Hilton and Holiday Inn points but I doubt I'll have enough to comp my entire stay. Guess that'll force my hand to staying in BKK at the JW for a few nights.

Has anyone here stayed in the Hilton or Holiday Inn in Patts? I've read somewhere Holiday Inn Express was opening up sometime soon..... I'm going to have to start stacking those points.

Anyways, thanks for the report.

All the best,

PT

18 minutes ago, Puro Tejano said:

I've read somewhere Holiday Inn Express was opening up sometime soon..... I'm going to have to start stacking those points.

there are 2 under construction that i know of.

1. in south pattaya on the road out to where the courtyard is.

2. on soi buakaow south of Soi 15.

both of them way off being ready.

buakaow site a couple of days ago....the building in front, the shell behind is nothing to do with it

april 9 016 (Custom).JPG

the other site last time i saw it is less advanced

3 hours ago, Puro Tejano said:

Has anyone here stayed in the Hilton or Holiday Inn in Patts? I've read somewhere Holiday Inn Express was opening up sometime soon..... I'm going to have to start stacking those points.

I have stayed in Hilton last November. It was still very nice but it cost 45000+ points per night. I also have stayed in Holiday Inn but it was a few years ago. Like my post earlier, Accor has more hotels in Pattaya than any other hotel chains. So, I stayed more in Accor hotels when I come to Pattaya.

6 minutes ago, worldpunter said:

Forty five thousand  baht a night  !    wow 

I am not so such you responsed to my post or not. But we were talking about hotel points not "baht".

Archived