IGNORED

Sawang Daen Din

bakufoz

Going up there for song kran.

Whats it like up in that area? 

Any bars or good restaurants there?

Be like a dog,

" if you cant eat it, play with it, or fuck it. Piss on it and walk away."

There is not a lot in Sawang. There are 2 restaurants that have farang food. One is called Nana Coffee and it is ok. The other is really excellent and is called Buangern. Other restaurant almost attached to a resort is Bansuan Swetkamol. The resort is the best place to stay as well it is called Chuanthanapanya Resort.

There are a few bars in Sawang with one having a few girls. There is also a disco but it is pretty average. 

Thanks for the info Tarl. I will give the resort a try, it looks good on Agoda.

Be like a dog,

I am in Sawang at Song Kran as well. If you feel like and have time to catch up with a farang :) let me know. 

If you like beef noodles the best in IMHO are from a little noodle place just a few metres from the entry to the resort above on the main road. They open at 9 and close around 5.

Not sure if you are here with a gf but if you are and do a day trip then the big Wat in Sakon Nakhon (hour or so up the road) is worth a visit. Best western food restaurant within a few hundred klms is also in Sakon Nakhon and is called Apples. 

Song Kran is very laid back in Sawang. Don't expect many people in Sawang to speak more than a few words of english. 

Hope you have a great time.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I will be with the wife, she wants to visit her family in Song Dao over that period, lots of things planned apparently.

I will PM you when I am there.

Be like a dog,

Can imagine you will be flat out for sure.  Have a great time. 

• 3 weeks later...

As imagined, very busy. Resort is fine. Your advice has been much appreciated.

Be like a dog,

2 hours ago, bakufoz said:

As imagined, very busy. Resort is fine. Your advice has been much appreciated.

Enjoy :) lot of village and family things no doubt. I am on the go nonstop as well

+1 for Chuanthanapanya Resort. I stayed in SDD numerous times and far prefer Chuanthanapanya Resort to anywhere else in the area, both as a place to stay and a place to eat/drink. 

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

4 hours ago, The Sly Fox said:

+1 for Chuanthanapanya Resort. I stayed in SDD numerous times and far prefer Chuanthanapanya Resort to anywhere else in the area, both as a place to stay and a place to eat/drink. 

New restaurant Buangern is a much better high end restaurant in Sawang now. 

Bars in their local version of Walking Street are much better to drink at with a live band or singers at Ram Prajam nightly and a huge screen with football (for those that like that) and decent food at pretty cheap prices.

10 hours ago, Tarl said:

New restaurant Buangern is a much better high end restaurant in Sawang now. 

Bars in their local version of Walking Street are much better to drink at with a live band or singers at Ram Prajam nightly and a huge screen with football (for those that like that) and decent food at pretty cheap prices.

Actually been 3 years since I last passed through, so it sounds like there have been some big changes, certainly wasn't any kind of Walking St. there then. Good to know, anyway. Must take a trip up that way again sometime.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

54 minutes ago, The Sly Fox said:

Actually been 3 years since I last passed through, so it sounds like there have been some big changes, certainly wasn't any kind of Walking St. there then. Good to know, anyway. Must take a trip up that way again sometime.

Nothing much has changed in last 5 years I have been here sadly. Walking St is just the 5 bars they have with the disco up the top of the side road.

Archived