IGNORED

~800TBH hotel in Pattaya

darpra

Hi,

Its my first time in Pattaya this April and will be staying for a week. Not really sure what I'm going to enjoy the most, so cant pick an exact location but I think its mostly going to be around beach road. These are the hotels that I have researched so far:

Sawasdee sea view - ~700TBH : Reviews say its a old and dated hotel. But very close to beach road action and well within my budget.

Red Planet - ~900 TBH: Close to Soi 6. But kind of far from beach road? Can I easily find transportation from beach road to here in wee hours?

Are there any other hotels that are similar in pricing and close to beach road? On booking.com most of the hotels near the beach road are priced way too high (> 1500TBH)

Walking between beach road and second road only takes a few minutes, no transportation necessary. However, if you're looking to pick up freelancers from beach road, I think there's more of them further south towards Walking Street, although don't take my word for it - I've never sampled that particular offering.

hotels on beach road imho are not good value for money, you basically pay extra just for the location.

honestly beach road isn't that exciting. there is way for more fun to be had elsewhere be it at the discos, agogos, beer bars or massage joints. 

pattaya is so small, that the location of your hotel/condo isn't really that important. value is way better in the soi buakhao area. cheers.

I'm ok if its on the second road as well as I can see its walking distance to beach road. Any specific hotels you guys want to recommend at this price range? Most of which that go for less seem to have some problem. I dont want to be on top floor of a five storey hotel without an elevator.

I'm personally partial to China Garden - stayed there four times in three trips - but Soi Lengkee is somewhat far from your preferred area. Queen Victoria Inn on Soi Six has a good reputation and rooms start at 575 baht a night in low season.

BJ holiday lodge on soi 3, have rooms for 1000bt low season, nice pool all rooms have balcony overlooking pool, good location for baht bus along beach rd and 2nd rd, close to 7/11 shops and Big C, pirate62

Bedtime pattaya 600 thb per night only problem is the room has no window. 800 thb room gets a balcony and window facing the street but some music from the bar across. Location is good side soi off pattaya klang near buakhow. 

I actually prefer the no window ( has a small window facing into hall) so i can sleep in the day

:) bangkok - 2 months :D chiang mai - 5 months :P pattaya - 6 trips and counting 
ผมไม่พูดภาษาไทย...ไม่เป็นไร!!

My prices are 600, 650 and 750..

Check out my website to view the rooms...http://www.englishrosepattaya.com

Cheers

ER

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

There are few hotels which will offer rooms at under 800THB pn. Plenty of good guest houses offer decent and spotlessly clean budget accommodation. English Rose (see post above) is a very good example of this...great location too for all the action in LK.

i have been staying at the  Nature View on Soi Buakhow for the last 3 years, never had an issue, rooms a reasonable size, staff always polite

highly recommend this hotel at around 1000 baht a night

Glyn 

On 3/19/2017 at 2:50 PM, darpra said:

Hi,

Its my first time in Pattaya this April and will be staying for a week. Not really sure what I'm going to enjoy the most, so cant pick an exact location but I think its mostly going to be around beach road. These are the hotels that I have researched so far:

Sawasdee sea view - ~700TBH : Reviews say its a old and dated hotel. But very close to beach road action and well within my budget.

Red Planet - ~900 TBH: Close to Soi 6. But kind of far from beach road? Can I easily find transportation from beach road to here in wee hours?

Are there any other hotels that are similar in pricing and close to beach road? On booking.com most of the hotels near the beach road are priced way too high (> 1500TBH)

Is there such a thing as a budget hotel in this price range that is not dated? I stayed in many hotels in the 800-1000 baht price range and every single one was dated.. While relatively clean, this means mildew in the bathrooms, stained/chipped walls, etc. If anyone knows of a hotel in this price range that is NOT DATED please let me know! Actually, The Scenery was 1000 baht. I went in to take a look while I was staying at Bay Breeze and it looked brand new but ground floor, no sun pool killed it.

9 hours ago, hioctane said:

Is there such a thing as a budget hotel in this price range that is not dated? I stayed in many hotels in the 800-1000 baht price range and every single one was dated.. While relatively clean, this means mildew in the bathrooms, stained/chipped walls, etc. If anyone knows of a hotel in this price range that is NOT DATED please let me know! Actually, The Scenery was 1000 baht. I went in to take a look while I was staying at Bay Breeze and it looked brand new but ground floor, no sun pool killed it.

Nova Gold is one under 1,000THB which hasn't dated. See my review below. Also consider April Suites.

in town ">Best 1,000THB hotel in town 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys I stayed in red planet and it was great (see video below). Its next to honey 2 and other soapies. I wanted to book for my next trip and this location is not so good wanted to be more close to the Walking Street end. How is Walking Street guest house? Just wanted to see if anyone stayed in their smallest room and how good it is. Its dirt cheap.

I stayed at Nova Park last trip in Feb. highly recommend it

10 minute walk from Soi 6 great people working there, check it out.

A SMART MONKEY IS A MONKEY THAT DOESN'T MONKEY WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY.

KYO House on Soi 6, a guest house which is around 800 baht per night, very close to the beach. Can only contact through the Facebook page, really nice Thai family run it, owner speaks good English. 

Archived