IGNORED

Please turn the forum off until the works are finished

CuppaTea

Its so slow at the moment its incredibly frustrating and putting it offline will expedite the works.

Better to have it offline for a few days than for this to drag on for ages.

Sure I don't have to log on and could just wait until all is working but its my suggestion anyways

What do you all think ?

Better offline for 2 or 3 days than this going on for maybe weeks

It's a business decision.

Retired

2 minutes ago, Piece Corp said:

It's a business decision.

If it is its a flawed one because visitors, not members, will write this forum off if it doesn't load quickly. Thats what I do with any site which is slow to load, I just go to another one.

If it happens repeatedly I stop to click on it totally.

Better offline for a few days and then back hitting the ground running, not staggering as it currently is.

I am sure the guys are doing their very best with the works but keeping the forum up and running is hampering them as stated in other topics.

Thought it was my internet or computer.

So far not impressed, but will give it time.

Lads when is this site going to speed up?! taken me about 10 mins just to get on to a thread I was posting on.

Not even worth looking for old reports now unless its a vessey one. Such a pain in the balls!

On the flip side there are things that need to be frequently posted on such as the premier league predictor.

I am so happy I've not just came back from a trip because arsed trying to write one on this, uploading the pics would be murder.

I tried to log on earlier today maybe 4 or 5 times over a couple hours or so earlier and the whole site was down.

All I got was Bad Gateway code 502, that was from trying several different ways of getting to PA.

Take the site offline, tell us your doing so, have a redirect page for anyone trying to access PA saying the site is down for upgrades and update it every 5 or 6 hours giving an expected date and time (use Thai time and explain it is) when it will be back online.

Also update the Pattaya Addicts FB page and have that as a link on the redirection page, you guys are putting nothing about the forums problems on there and its not necessary to have a FB  account for anyone to view it

Going on and offline and the system crawling along with often minutes between actions is really doing you guys no good in my opinion.

No criticism at all of the guys doing the works but I do think those in charge are handling this badly.but your call

Speed issues should be stabling, its due to high server load indexing, and us removing corrupt plugins. Thanks for the feedback though.

D

My advice for upgrades would be:

1. Test the upgrade on completely seperate server using a copy of Live web site and database.

2. This would identify most issues with the upgrade process without any effect on the Live site availability.

And allow an accurate estimate of time needed to upgrade. And gain confidence in the upgrade process.

3. Inform users in advance of this. Very important.

4. In this particular case, after testing the upgrade, you should have informed the software supplier that their upgrade process was impractical for the volume of data you have. Wait for them to provide a feasible upgrade mechanism.

5. All above done without affecting Live site.

6. Fairly basic IT systems management.

Still about 40% to go.......... inception-button.gif

We already had about a week without the site being available. For me, having it slow is still better than not at all.

Sometimes it is slow and if you post it take quite a while for the posting to load. I'm sure that is why there are so many double and triple post lately.

BTW, I hope when the process is completed, the number of each post in the thread will be back.

All of this IMHO.

LeoTex 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

47 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

We already had about a week without the site being available. For me, having it slow is still better than not at all.

Sometimes it is slow and if you post it take quite a while for the posting to load. I'm sure that is why there are so many double and triple post lately.

BTW, I hope when the process is completed, the number of each post in the thread will be back.

All of this IMHO.

LeoTex 

Have you tried clearing your browsing history and cashe?, use Ccleanerits free, P-A been working fine for me in the UK for 5/6 days, very fast loading and all threads are fully working

5 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

Looks like the reindexing is finished.

wow-1.gifwow-1.gif

5 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

Looks like the reindexing is finished.

wow-1.gifwow-1.gif

Where's View New Content?     LMAO.gif

i'm still having trouble posting in threads i already have content in.

keeps bringing up my last post to edit when i want to make a completely new one. grrrrrrrrrrrr.

On 3/19/2017 at 8:30 PM, Ducey said:

Speed issues should be stabling, its due to high server load indexing, and us removing corrupt plugins. Thanks for the feedback though.

D

Improving......

Is Autosave Content an add on yet to be enabled, or has it gone forever, or does it have a different name now.

1 minute ago, striderman said:

it is working better today, a noticeable improvement

I switched my Avatar off overnight and apparently the last 40% whistled through......dreams.gif

5 minutes ago, Edge said:

I switched my Avatar off overnight and apparently the last 40% whistled through......dreams.gif

That is very magnanimous of you mate, I am sure we all really appreciate your sacrifice!!!!

signaturesml.jpg.764ff137c2c3de0437af6705465cff7f.jpg   

Android APP       iPhone APP

2 hours ago, striderman said:

i'm still having trouble posting in threads i already have content in.

keeps bringing up my last post to edit when i want to make a completely new one. grrrrrrrrrrrr.

there is a clear button there somewhere

1 hour ago, just hanging said:

there is a clear button there somewhere

found it earlier but it took a while esp as i was not sure if it would delete my original post if i pressed it

Its speeded up somewhat as of yesterday for me but I still think it should have been shutdown because if it had everything would now be finished, not dragging on.....and on......and on.

Maybe that lesson will have been learned and implemented next time around.

Bring back the "See new content" button. 

Archived