IGNORED

Guys, its just too slow.

Jumpin Jack Flash

painfully slow. pages are taking an age to download. :sad:

I hope the techies are working on it. I miss the old forum to be honest. I can't be the only one.

Yep ...guessed my connection was slow but definitely hard to browse trough the pages. 

I saw your topic listed under the All Activities and clicked on it.

Just over 3 minutes later the system moved to this page.

The thing is until all the stuff the guys are doing is finished the speed is probably going to be crap.

As for preferring the old system, well it wasn't an option to keep it and this is what we now have, cant really judge it until all the install is finished.but .........well just but....... I guess.

53 minutes ago, CuppaTea said:

I saw your topic listed under the All Activities and clicked on it.

Just over 3 minutes later the system moved to this page.

The thing is until all the stuff the guys are doing is finished the speed is probably going to be crap.

As for preferring the old system, well it wasn't an option to keep it and this is what we now have, cant really judge it until all the install is finished.but .........well just but....... I guess.

Yep. 3 minutes for me. I think that will prove to be solvable problem. Give the admins some time to fix it.

The old system had the same problem.

There seem to be so many members here that do not read relevant topics on the upgrade.

The forum is slow at the moment cause it is still rebuilding the database, 'techies' as you put it are not doing anything or need to do anything. It is a waiting game till the automatic upgrade has finished!!!

signaturesml.jpg.764ff137c2c3de0437af6705465cff7f.jpg   

Android APP       iPhone APP

14 hours ago, peter.storm said:

There seem to be so many members here that do not read relevant topics on the upgrade.

The forum is slow at the moment cause it is still rebuilding the database, 'techies' as you put it are not doing anything or need to do anything. It is a waiting game till the automatic upgrade has finished!!!

No we can all read! ...BM's are just venting their frustration on how ''painfully slow'' PA has become. Seriously it's ''borderline'' ridiculous! 

I would rather they shut PA down for a month to have it up-&-running, as smooth as silk! 

59 minutes ago, felix the cat said:

No we can all read! ...BM's are just venting their frustration on how ''painfully slow'' PA has become. Seriously it's ''borderline'' ridiculous! 

I would rather they shut PA down for a month to have it up-&-running, as smooth as silk! 

In the topic asking for comments about this new system I have also posted that it should be taken off line until the changes are completed.

KGBAgent moderator said the system is now slow and installation of the package is taking a long time because members keep to make posts so if posts cannot be made everything is finished rapidly.

This is common practical sense to take it off line as posts as yours and mine complaining how slow and other problems are making it even more slow and will result in this going on for much longer than maybe 2 days off line.

2 hours ago, felix the cat said:

Obviously more practical heads prevail. 

Just chill out and wait. If you choose to not logon for a month, that is your choice. 

The admins are probably running massive scripts against the database to do their work in rebuilding/converting/cleaning the forum after the upgrade.  This most likely is the cause of the slowness we are experiencing.  Your internet connection and the forum's web server are probably not the culprits.  It's the forum's database server that's getting hammered.  We just have to be patient.

21 hours ago, CyberPro said:

Obviously more practical heads prevail. 

Just chill out and wait. If you choose to not logon for a month, that is your choice. 

I never asked for your ''expert'' opinion anyway! 

Now if you excuse me, i have to ''submit your reply'' that will take 5mins to upload!!  

23 hours ago, felix the cat said:

I agree with the slow, most of the time I get service unavailable, and I have 50-100 megs speed, but I understand their problem, and they think something is better than nothing, which it probably is no matter how frustrating

as for your statement "I would rather they shut PA down for a month to have it up-&-running, as smooth as silk! " I  can help you with that 100%, a perfect solution, so your problems are fixed.    just dont use it for a month as you suggested and by that time it will be working 100%.  Problem solved

3 hours ago, felix the cat said:

I never asked for your ''expert'' opinion anyway! 

Now if you excuse me, i have to ''submit your reply'' that will take 5mins to upload!!  

No, but you are whining* publicly which invites public comments. Feel free to disengage from the forum until the performance is more to your liking. :P

*Whining from Google search 

whine
(h)wīn/
verb
gerund or present participle: whining
  1. give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound.
    "the dog whined and scratched at the back door"
    • complain in a feeble or petulant way.
      "the waitress whined about the increased work"
      synonyms: complaint [noun], complain [verb], grouse, grumble, murmur; More

Archived