IGNORED

Big Sign In Problems Since the Addicts Overhall

Sexyfarangman

I am having major problems signing in since the overhaul a couple of days ago and wonder whether anyone else is having the same problems. I never had to sign before because I was a,ways signed in. Now I have to always sign in. The problem is that every time I sign in my password is rejected and I have to register for another one. I register for the same password and this gets me into the site, but am rejected the next time I sign in. I notified the mods but haven't received a response.

I'm also getting inundated with e mails updating me on a thread that I never asked to be updated on. I sent an e mail requesting that the updates stop but I keep getting them anyway. Is anyone else having these problems?

The forum switched from asking for your username to asking for your display name.  This is probably what is giving you the problem rather than your password.  

22 minutes ago, utopia said:

The forum switched from asking for your username to asking for your display name.  This is probably what is giving you the problem rather than your password.  

As noted in my post, I keep getting asked for my password, not my display name.

45 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

As noted in my post, I keep getting asked for my password, not my display name.

Use your Board name and the password.

I can't help you with the messages being sent to your email. I'm having the same problem and can't stop it, no matter what I try.

6 hours ago, Sexyfarangman said:

I am having major problems signing in since the overhaul a couple of days ago and wonder whether anyone else is having the same problems. I never had to sign before because I was a,ways signed in. Now I have to always sign in. The problem is that every time I sign in my password is rejected and I have to register for another one. I register for the same password and this gets me into the site, but am rejected the next time I sign in. I notified the mods but haven't received a response.

I'm also getting inundated with e mails updating me on a thread that I never asked to be updated on. I sent an e mail requesting that the updates stop but I keep getting them anyway. Is anyone else having these problems?

Some BM's are experiencing problems with notifications going to their personal email. If you are one of these and you want to redirect from your e-mail to notifications or want to switch either off or both off, then follow this link provided below for a how to.

LINK HERE

8 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

Use your Board name and the password.

I can't help you with the messages being sent to your email. I'm having the same problem and can't stop it, no matter what I try.

It just happened again and my display name - not my board name - was there. Once again I was required to reset my password. It looks like this will be a permanent feature of the overhaul.

3 hours ago, Sexyfarangman said:

It just happened again and my display name - not my board name - was there. Once again I was required to reset my password. It looks like this will be a permanent feature of the overhaul.

It doesn't appear to happen to everyone else. 

Your display name is your board name, they are the same thing.

There used to be three parts

Display Name: ( which was what everyone knows you as and was not used for gaining access)

User Name:  ( which  for a majority was the same as their Display Name but not for all some peoples were different)

Password:  ( Different word to the other two)

Before we used to gain access by  input Username and Password.

Now it is Display Name and Password.

I don't know why you're having trouble as no-one else has had that issue?

4 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

It doesn't appear to happen to everyone else. 

Your display name is your board name, they are the same thing.

There used to be three parts

Display Name: ( which was what everyone knows you as and was not used for gaining access)

User Name:  ( which  for a majority was the same as their Display Name but not for all some peoples were different)

Password:  ( Different word to the other two)

Before we used to gain access by  input Username and Password.

Now it is Display Name and Password.

I don't know why you're having trouble as no-one else has had that issue?

OK, I signed in as sexyfarangman with my password and that worked. My display name was different because it carried over from before the overhaul.

No sign in problems but I'm finding it very slow if not impossible to open pages at least 50% of the time.

3 minutes ago, Kim Jong Il said:

No sign in problems but I'm finding it very slow if not impossible to open pages at least 50% of the time.

I'm thinking that if it's still doing the indexing then the typical server resources that are usually available are being shared with the indexing process so page requests aren't being handled in a timely manner due to server being busy.

6 minutes ago, Kim Jong Il said:

1 minute ago, Teeheelol said:

I'm thinking that if it's still doing the indexing then the typical server resources that are usually available are being shared with the indexing process so page requests aren't being handled in a timely manner due to server being busy.

It's still downloading, just bear with it, we're all in the same boat, hopefully it'll be finished soon.

Archived