IGNORED

Golf course

tomtom32

Not sure there is a Best..Most have diffrent Price structures and all have tough Holes..If there Watered on a daily basics they can be all fun..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

1 hour ago, Lok Jit said:

Not sure there is a Best..Most have diffrent Price structures and all have tough Holes..If there Watered on a daily basics they can be all fun..

I mean what's nearest one to pattaya 

...thanks 

Nearest would be Phoenix or Siam Country club...There are 26 courses with a One Hour Drive so lots of choice

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

40 minutes ago, Lok Jit said:

Nearest would be Phoenix or Siam Country club...There are 26 courses with a One Hour Drive so lots of choice

Cheers for that

Nearest ... Phoenix ..... best ... Siam CC (Old or Plantation) ... next best Laem Chabang ....  best value Khao Kheow ... next best value ... Greenwood ... toughest  ... Treasure Hill 

• 3 weeks later...

I would have thought Pattaya Country Club would be the nearest....seems to take us about 20 minutes to get there.

But no where near the best.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

• 11 months later...
On 3/12/2017 at 14:11, warmn40s said:

Nearest ... Phoenix ..... best ... Siam CC (Old or Plantation) ... next best Laem Chabang ....  best value Khao Kheow ... next best value ... Greenwood ... toughest  ... Treasure Hill 

Spot on, maybe swap KK and Greenwood.

On 3/3/2018 at 18:40, misteregg said:

Burapha is very nice and well run.

Yes, Burapha (A & B) always on my list as is Green Valley .... both soooooo consistent over the past 15 years I've been visiting Patts.

Burapha C & D is a lot tougher.

How about Wanjuntr lads  ... any reports on it lately? I want to play it in July on my next trip if its in good knick.

On 3/31/2017 at 12:57, farcanal said:

I would have thought Pattaya Country Club would be the nearest....seems to take us about 20 minutes to get there.

But no where near the best.

Sorry Farcanal, you are probably right.

I didn't include it as I haven't played it .... only had 9 holes in play last time I considered playing there

Pattaya CC is scruffy IMO, better courses for less cost available only 15-30 mins extra driving

10 hours ago, warmn40s said:

Sorry Farcanal, you are probably right.

I didn't include it as I haven't played it .... only had 9 holes in play last time I considered playing there

No probs...we started going there a few years ago, our 1st visit was in the old clubhouse then a few visits with the new clubhouse.

Stopped going there because the course was still a bit shabby, fairways pretty rough and greens just passable.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has been there recently as to the condition of the course.

Anybody played Wanjuntr recently?

On 3/5/2018 at 08:08, warmn40s said:

Anybody played Wanjuntr recently?

Played Wanjuntr once...about 3 years ago. 

Never again. Apart from taking FOREVER to get there, the course was pretty ordinary, our caddies had almost no English and the clubhouse was very dilapidated with a less than salubrious restaurant. We had to wake the wait staff up to get some service.

2 greens on every hole made playing interesting.From memory we were told before we teed off which of the greens we were playing.

Having said all that...who knows, maybe they've done a shit load of work and it's all better now.

Thanks Farcanal,

Wanjuntr - I see that a few of the golf bars are going there these days ... they never went there before, thus my curiosity on its condition.

5 hours ago, warmn40s said:

Thanks Farcanal,

Wanjuntr - I see that a few of the golf bars are going there these days ... they never went there before, thus my curiosity on its condition.

No probs......if it was a half decent course and facilities, it might be worth the trip out there but It took our driver an hour and a quarter to get there and at one stage she was nudging 140 km/hr on a narrow country road. We were all shitting ourselves, thinking any minute now we were going to meet our maker.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't played it in 3 years (PCC). I thought the design was good but the condition awful.

I don't care if it's a cheap green fee - it's just a waste of day when you could be playing somewhere decent.

On 3/8/2018 at 12:37, farcanal said:

No probs......if it was a half decent course and facilities, it might be worth the trip out there but It took our driver an hour and a quarter to get there and at one stage she was nudging 140 km/hr on a narrow country road. We were all shitting ourselves, thinking any minute now we were going to meet our maker.

I don't remember any narrow country roads but certainly minimum hour and 15 to get there - past Greenwood on the 331, next set of lights turn right and eventually on the right.

Now has 3 x 18 hole layouts.

Highlands which is the most spectacular - after 10 minutes in the back of a lorry from the club house it is a further 10 minutes plus in a buggy to get to the first tee. Personally I think some of the holes are a bit mickey mouse with bunker/big rock in the middle of a green.....

Valley course is the one from memory with 2 different tees per hole.

Newest 18 is Jungle which some have told me is the best of the 3 but it is the only one I have not played.

I am with you however in that the facilities are very basic and just cannot be arsed to travel that sort of distance for one game.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, the narrow road was due to our driver getting lost and having to use a "short cut"

for some reason she thought the 331 was too easy

Archived