IGNORED

Welcome back Pattaya Addicts

Kahoy

10 hours ago, DaffyDuck said:

That's not a benefit - Tapatalk provides for much more benefits, than just a pretty format. For starters, it makes it much easier to upload and share images. 

The new layout isn't much of a benefit if it makes it near impossible to navigate new, or participated content - again, something Tapatalk manages to present far more intuitively.

if anything, this new format would make Tapatalk more needed in order to functionally use the forum again. 

Did you post that using Tapatalk?

If so, then I might reconsider as I see that damned Footer isn't there and that alone stops me using it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So glad to have the forum back, been so bored not having my daily Pattaya fix, it's the only thing that keeps me going until till my next visit.

Some of these whiny replies are hilarious.

I think I'm going to write to BMW and tell them I miss round headlights.

Now I know what a Saturday afternoon in Boca Raton sounds like ...

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

Is there anywhere where we can change the color of the baord make it darker?????

Seem lot of forums be able to do that

12 hours ago, davidge said:

There's a 'content I posted in' option in Activity Streams.

Only works for posts made since upgrade though.

We just want the old 'View New Content'  back same as it was before.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

4 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

Yes

20 hours ago, Edge said:

I can't see the  report gif.gif   either.

Edit - Found it now.

Where? If you are referring to All Activity, every post is spread out in miles of scrolling instead of being put into the appropriate Topic folder.so you can make sense of them.

6 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

The "View New Content" button is exactly where it's always been. It's simply labeled "Unread Content" instead. 

At least that button works the same for me as the previous one. Give it a try.

On 3/12/2017 at 10:33 AM, Pattaya_Brian said:

The "View New Content" button is exactly where it's always been. It's simply labeled "Unread Content" instead. 

At least that button works the same for me as the previous one. Give it a try.

I want to look at 'New Content' (Read content ) again later so i have time to make a a reply after doing some 'research'  or looking for a suitable photo to post. Unread content does not allow me to do this. I did look at it . Read content is not the same as Unread content

1 hour ago, Billyboy294 said:

Where? If you are referring to All Activity, every post is spread out in miles of scrolling instead of being put into the appropriate Topic folder.so you can make sense of them.

It's now at the top of posts instead of the bottom is all.

Re View New Content....Unread Content does not have the same function as far as I can tell......ask Lanzalad.

You can make your own, Click Activity on the menu open My Activity Streams and then Create New Stream.

You can then choose what you want to see. Call it New Content and tick the Topics only box

signaturesml.jpg.764ff137c2c3de0437af6705465cff7f.jpg   

Android APP       iPhone APP

I'm pretty sure that this will change as the upgrade evolves, but this is absolutely the first time I have ever seen the mobile version of a site look better than the PC version. 

4 hours ago, peter.storm said:

You can make your own, Click Activity on the menu open My Activity Streams and then Create New Stream.

You can then choose what you want to see. Call it New Content and tick the Topics only box

Many thanks for that. It seems to work. I called it  'See new content'  in case they bring back 'View new content'.

Although "Content i follow"  also seems of interest but they are still updating it.

click on this then create a short cut or add it to your streams.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/discover/18/?&view=condensed

After you click on this link then add it to your streams:-

Screenshot at Mar 12 07-58-38.png

If you make sure the condensed is highlighted then you will more or less see the forum as before the upgrade.

Screenshot at Mar 12 08-02-19.png

Here's a few more things which will help you find your way around:-

Screenshot at Mar 12 08-16-49.png

I would like to see a very small and easy plugin install call back to the top.

you just click on it and it takes you back to the top simple:-

Screenshot at Mar 12 08-23-20.png

Here's the link:-

https://invisionpower.com/files/file/8230-backtotop-custom/

On 11/03/2017 at 2:16 PM, kahoy said:

It doesn't seem to allow me to save the Read Status to "everything" instead of unread. I prefer this setting because it allows me to see if there are replies to topics I am interested in without wondering if they are buried on page 4.

One small nit pik, "Create" instead of "New" sucks.

Also, I am unable to turn off ALL emails, this is a biggie for me, I hate spam email. I work in IT 50 hours a week and hate seeing unwanted emails. I would very strongly recommend not forcing emails on people. While I wouldn't do it to something I use often like this board, many people will just hit the spam button when they lose interest.  If you get a bad sender score you will be in a world of hurt for a long time so you really don't want that.

On 11/03/2017 at 3:23 PM, SRA said:

Finally, a much improved framework - well done to the tech team.

Although I had to change my preferences as I was getting loads of emails - no doubt everyone else is in the same boat!

Some people have been experiencing problems with notifications  going to their personal e-mail, if you want to switch that off or switch off notifications here is  a link provided below for a step by step walk though on how to do that, click on that link.

LINK HERE

I went to the source https://invisionpower.com/features  this is the company that made this software. There's a lot of useful info. I do like how they've set up their web site.

2017-03-13.png

4 hours ago, Levi said:

I went to the source https://invisionpower.com/features  this is the company that made this software. There's a lot of useful info. I do like how they've set up their web site.

2017-03-13.png

Jeez dude --- cleanup your browser :Number1a:

sun14.jpg

On 3/12/2017 at 3:41 PM, socrates said:

With all due respect..
BUT
Seems to me Lanzalad would be a great addition to the Mod Team especially with the recent Upgrade and various technical issues ...
Just saying....

Along similar lines, except that I don't think it's a Moderator function.

I'd have thought if Admin' wanted such technical assistance they might have to consider paying for it.

Just guessing.

On 11/03/2017 at 1:58 PM, whitespider said:

Activity - then you have several options, the one Unread Content is the same as the old View New Content button

No the exact match to the old "New Content" tab is under "Activity" then select "All Activity"

The "Unread Content" excludes stuff we've already read if there are no new posts in it.

I'm slowly getting to grips with this system now and the "All Activity" option is the one I most use as sometimes, even though I've read posts in a topic and there's been no new ones, I return to them because of something I've read in other topics.

My only issue, although its a minor one, is the "Status Updates" appearing at the top and having to scroll past them. I don't think most of us are interested in seeing them unless we want to find them.

Its all going well and can only improve with you guys putting the full package in and us users getting to grips with it. 

On 3/12/2017 at 11:50 AM, peter.storm said:

On 3/12/2017 at 2:47 PM, Billyboy294 said:

Many thanks for that. It seems to work. I called it  'See new content'  in case they bring back 'View new content'.

Although "Content i follow"  also seems of interest but they are still updating it.

They don't have a Multiquote button but doing Quote twice seems to work. I cant refer to my post # X because they are not numbered.

Anyway having tried it  'Activity'  it is not the same or as good as the old "New content " as it puts all posts up separately (leading to a lot of scrolling) and does not put all posts concerning a particular topic into that topic folder so difficult to see together a post and a reply to it..

Also instead of having Page Numbers it asks "Load More Activity" so you soon lose track of whether you have looked at that page before especially as posts from individuals to the same topic keep popping up.

12 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

They dont have a Multiquote button but doing Quote twice seems to work. I cant refer to my post # X because they are not numbered.

It's the + sign to the left of Quote

1 hour ago, kgbagent said:

Jeez dude --- cleanup your browser :Number1a:

That is cleaned up!! It's all  my short cut icons. You should have seen it when I didn't have 5 folders on the browser!!

39 minutes ago, CuppaTea said:

No the exact match to the old "New Content" tab is under "Activity" then select "All Activity"

Concur and I'm running with this for now.

I'm not creating any new tabs, for now I've just Bookmarked 'All Activity' to my Toolbar same as I did with 'View New Content' so I can go straight there from wherever.

Archived