IGNORED

Welcome back Pattaya Addicts

Kahoy

5 minutes ago, whitespider said:

To be honest guys - we are doing our best and all the whining is just pissing us off.

My advice - don't log-in for a few days until all updates ahve been done.

at least it's online now mate, it will avoid all the rumours i read everywhere on internet about PA.

I think a lot of BM are happy now.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As all the updates have not been completed i thought some constructive criticism now would be of use in making the Forum more user friendly.

Ok I will refrain from commenting till we see the finished product.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

all quiet from me shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :Hair_Out1:

5 hours ago, Edge said:

I can't find the LaLa thread

Edit.....Oh Well.....this'll do.

This thread will change very soon.... so enjoy it for now.

57 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

When will Tapatalk be working? I assume someone is testing that?

It will happen in due course, please be patient, everything seems auto queued ( I'm not a techie) so I'm sure it will be done as a matter of course.

6 hours ago, Pattaya_Brian said:

Testing for pics... let's see if they got rid of those automatic watermarks.

street_food.jpg

Yep.., looks like they have. There's a positive for ya,

They will be back - sorry

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

1 hour ago, Billyboy294 said:

As all the updates have not been completed i thought some constructive criticism now would be of use in making the Forum more user friendly.

Ok I will refrain from commenting till we see the finished product.

We are about 2% of the way through the updates - the alternative was to wait another 6n days for them all to be done :)

12 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

It will happen in due course, please be patient, everything seems auto queued ( I'm not a techie) so I'm sure it will be done as a matter of course.

Correct it is all in an auto queue. Once that is 100% completed then we will really known what is fucked and what is not - oh the joy :)

I like the old board better, it was easy to go to what I was following. I cannot find that now. 

3 minutes ago, slashlarue said:

I like the old board better, it was easy to go to what I was following. I cannot find that now. 

I am sure you will learn, the same as we are learning also. The only reason it was easier is becasue you were used to it. last time we upgraded, about 5 years ago, we had all the same comments.

Retaining the old forum was not an option (I wish so much it was).

A lot of Apps and Plugins have yet to be reinstalled - that will be done after the database build completes, looking at progress i say about 7 more days.

I used to go up and select "slashlarue" and my content (or something like that) and all topics I posted in would appear and highlighted 

if there was a new post or response to your post. I cannot find that. This really looks like a generic board with no character. I think

the way the board was formatted made it easy to jump around in and drew a lot of people. It was really easy to navigate.

12 minutes ago, slashlarue said:

I used to go up and select "slashlarue" and my content (or something like that) and all topics I posted in would appear and highlighted 

if there was a new post or response to your post. I cannot find that. This really looks like a generic board with no character. I think

the way the board was formatted made it easy to jump around in and drew a lot of people. It was really easy to navigate.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - are you actually reading the other posts??? We are 2% of the way through the update - there are MANY things not yet working; the good news is they will be in a few days time. This one will be a lot easier - when its finished - although it will be different; just a question of getting used to it.

I guess l'll just have to wait.

32 minutes ago, slashlarue said:

Try this I know it's different but you will eventually get used to it.

Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 4.39.06 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 9.22.31 pm.png

I don't have those options at the top of the page! Guess it's because I'm always on an iPad and the 'Full Version' option isn't there at the moment.

Never mind for now anyway. I'll wait until everything has finished upgrading and see what's confusing me then. Bound to be something ☺

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

7 hours ago, mbamber said:

I used to like the button view new topic but not there now.:NoNo3:

Activity - then you have several options, the one Unread Content is the same as the old View New Content button

3 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

Agreed. Bring back' View New Content'. which is normally what i go to when I open the Forum. My personal 'My content ' button has been replaced with 'Content' (why)  and is not working so also "Only Posts' is not working either...

'Unread content' is not a viable substitute for me.

And   how do I stop the fucking notice about receiving notifications from popping every time i open something. I don't want the things and "Not now ' does not help. I need "Not Ever.

And when I Edit my post why does it say 'Save '  (save it where?) and not 'Post Reply".

In your browser setting you can switch of notifications, for example on windows 10 with Microsoft Edge you would do the following...

1. In the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 dots '...' or the word 'more'
2. Click here and choose 'setting' from the menu
3. Find and select 'Advance setting'
4. Look for 'Notifications' and click on 'Manage'
5. Find www.pattaya-addicts.com in the list and there should be a toggle switch below it to turn notification on/ off

Hope that helps

9 hours ago, kahoy said:

The new theme looks nice, apparently using the bootstrap css framework.

This new format absolutely blows.

- looking for and reading new content is about as cumbersome as possible.

- the ability to read only 'participated content' (i.e. formerly called 'my content' is no longer there

- the 'unread content' format seriously blows in the way it presents content. 

- this is mostly related to the theme, which is the plain vanilla IP.Board theme. Strongly suggest finding a third-party theme that presents content in a better way.

8 hours ago, kahoy said:

The benefit of this layout is that it will work much better on mobile devices without having to rely on Tapatalk.

That's not a benefit - Tapatalk provides for much more benefits, than just a pretty format. For starters, it makes it much easier to upload and share images. 

The new layout isn't much of a benefit if it makes it near impossible to navigate new, or participated content - again, something Tapatalk manages to present far more intuitively.

if anything, this new format would make Tapatalk more needed in order to functionally use the forum again. 

8 hours ago, kahoy said:

Yes, it is now "unread content" but doesn't seem to work properly yet.

Yes, so it claims, and as you pointed out, it doesn't work properly - that's actually default IP.Board behavior, and yes, it's obvious this was another forum 'improvement' innovated by engineers and marketing managers, instead of listening to end users.

This will take a lot of work to fix -- though i'm certain most of the time will be spent adding a ton of advertisements back, than fixing functionality. :-( 

AdBlockers FTW !

There's a 'content I posted in' option in Activity Streams.

Only works for posts made since upgrade though.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, whitespider said:

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - are you actually reading the other posts??? We are 2% of the way through the update - there are MANY things not yet working; the good news is they will be in a few days time. This one will be a lot easier - when its finished - although it will be different; just a question of getting used to it.

Fair enough - let's see what this all looks like in another week.

13 hours ago, whitespider said:

Threads are 14.67% rebuilt - after 7 days that probably gives you an idea of the task :(

Understood and just biding time re' my LaLa quip.

One thing, as it has been mentioned by Lanzalad ...........................

............I do hope you do as he did on PL and bring back View New Content....

........................I'm lost without it and Unread Content isn't the same animal at all.

Archived