Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Question - re: O visa extension

Baron of Beef

I have a yearlong O visa (marriage subclass not retirement) and it expires next month. I am meant to be leaving the country a couple weeks after it expires anyhow for a family event, so it makes no sense for me to leave the country to get a new O visa then leave again a week later. Would prefer to kill both birds with one stone if possible.

so - is there any way to apply for an extension of the O visa to move back my leaving date by a few weeks? I know you can do it in jomtien for a tourist visa but not sure of the process for an O visa.

Other option of course would be to pay the 500 baht a day overstay but leery of that in case they put any sort of black mark by my name for future travels

anyone with any first hand knowledge on this?

Misread.

Marriage visa extension takes 1 month to come back. You can get a permission to leave Thailand at same time.

When would you be returning to Thailand? This would dictate whether a 12 month extension of stay is a viable option. I have never heard of someone get an extension for only a couple of weeks. If I am reading it correctly the visa that you have allows 90 day stays. A number of years ago they used to stamp mine indicating that the stays could not be extended.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived