IGNORED

Electric scooters

English rose

Hi guys, a bit of help please..

I bought the wifes mum an electric scooter from the shop on 3rd Rd not far from the hospital entrance..now the battery won't hold its charge, went to get another one but they've closed down, does anyone have any information where they moved to?

Thanks in advance for your help.

ER

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

I can't be of any direct help to you sorry, but the rental office on the ground floor of Jomtien Complex Condo rents them out so may be able to help??

The entrance to the condo building is on the right just (only just) before the 'arch' over Thappraya Rd as you head towards the beach. The office is on the far side of the lobby area as you approach the building.

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I can't be of any direct help to you sorry, but the rental office on the ground floor of Jomtien Complex Condo rents them out so may be able to help??

The entrance to the condo building is on the right just (only just) before the 'arch' over Thappraya Rd as you head towards the beach. The office is on the far side of the lobby area as you approach the building.

So do  a million places in pattaya!!!.......Your only guessing..

I bought the wifes mum an electric scooter //

Maybe you should say (or show) what kind of scooter you are talking about.

"electric scooter" is a very vague term going from toys to real big bikes...

Maybe you should say (or show) what kind of scooter you are talking about."electric scooter" is a very vague term going from toys to real big bikes...

I assumed he meant a mobility scooter?

If I'm wrong, ignore my previous reply :-)

I assumed he meant a mobility scooter?

I think you meant it right. Previous comment about "Millions places rent them in Pattaya" made me doubt.

Looking on Google, I don't see so many shops. This one may be yours:

Scoot Experience Thailand, Jomtien Complex Condotel, 414/17 moo 12, Thap Phraya road, Pattaya, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150

BTW, I imagine that as pseudo-medical material this battery may be costly...

It may be good for the OP to look for the scooter battery reference

and to have a look on online shops who may offer way better prices... I think ;)

Edit: I see the big Fascino Pharmacy on North Rd also sell mobility Scooters,

and see several comments recommending to ha a look on http://lazada.co.th/

Edited by Oukiva

I think you meant it right. Previous comment about "Millions places rent them in Pattaya" made me doubt.Looking on Google, I don't see so many shops. This one may be yours:Scoot Experience Thailand, Jomtien Complex Condotel, 414/17 moo 12, Thap Phraya road, Pattaya, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150BTW, I imagine that as pseudo-medical material this battery may be costly...It may be good for the OP to look for the scooter battery referenceand to have a look on online shops who may offer way better prices... I think ;)Edit: I see the big Fascino Pharmacy on North Rd also sell mobility scooters,and see several comments recommending to ha a look on http://lazada.co.th/

I just ignored the ignorant comment ;-)

Assume you mean one of those half of China is riding without any light night time to save battery? http://aima-tech.en.made-in-china.com/product/lKJQufadaRkw/China-High-Quality-60V-20ah-1500W-Aima-EEC-Approval-Electric-Scooter.html

If so they are powered by a cheap lead-acid battery and which can be purchase from any supplier e.g. motor bike dealers as long as dimenision and terminal fits.

Yep...vague description.

It looks like a normal single seat scooter with a small seat for a child behind..when not in use it can be re-charged by plugging in to a point or if the battery is running flat while using the it you can pedal to put some juice back into the battery..it's not a mobility type.

Cost about 18k.

Cheers

ER

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

can you take the battery

Yep...vague description.
It looks like a normal single seat scooter with a small seat for a child behind..when not in use it can be re-charged by plugging in to a point or if the battery is running flat while using the it you can pedal to put some juice back into the battery..it's not a mobility type.
Cost about 18k.

Cheers
ER

Can you disconnect battery and bring it on a tour to some shop? It's likely very low tech.....just the stuff Thais love and someone should have it on stock or can get it from a whole seller

• Like 1

can you take the battery

Can you disconnect battery and bring it on a tour to some shop? It's likely very low tech.....just the stuff Thais love and someone should have it on stock or can get it from a whole seller

Yep..the battery pack can be removed for re-charging indoors..problem is, it is in Buriram a million miles from nowhere..I was hoping to find one locally here (the shop where I bought it from) and send it to the old dear.

ER

Yep..the battery pack can be removed for re-charging indoors..problem is, it is in Buriram a million miles from nowhere..I was hoping to find one locally here (the shop where I bought it from) and send it to the old dear.

ER

Get her to send pics of scooter & battery with the battery code clearly showing.

Sounds like it's the same type of battery as in mobility Scooters so go to that shop I mentioned and see what they can get. Pretty sure they do repairs as well as rentals so must get parts.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2017 at 3:11 PM, davidge said:

Get her to send pics of scooter & battery with the battery code clearly showing.

Sounds like it's the same type of battery as in mobility scooters so go to that shop I mentioned and see what they can get. Pretty sure they do repairs as well as rentals so must get parts.

I think this the best thing to do The battery's that should be used in mobility Scooters are very different to the normal same voltage bike ones.

You really need to look up on the net what type and size should be fitted in you scooter by listing the scooter as incorrect battery's may have been fitted in the past.

JDM

• Like 1

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 2 years later...
On 26/12/2019 at 10:14, positiv248 said:

If you are looking for electric scooter here is a good review article of best electric scooters

He is not but bless you .Electric is the future.