IGNORED

Suggestions for long term (1 month) accommodations around Soi Honey (between beach road 2 and Soi BuakHao)

wadman

I really like this area: on Soi Honey, about halfway between Beach road 2 and Soi Buakhao.  

With that in mind, does anyone have a suggestion for a long term (1 month, possibly extended to 2 months) in that area?

Requirements are:

- around Soi honey, halfway between beach road 2 and Soi Buakhao (or close to it)

- NOT in the LK Metro area!!!  It's LOUUUUUUD in there.  Not even very close to LK Metro (like Katesiree)

- quiet (as quiet as possible for the area)

- budget is around 15k + electricity or 17k all-in

- girlfriendly of course

- guesthouses are ok

- decent-good wifi

- prefer 2nd or 3rd floor (anything above that is pain to climb on stairs)

- microwave is a plus (for those impromptu microwavable meals from 7-11)

- don't care about balcony, it's too hot to sit outside

- don't care about TV, I watch TV about 1-2 times a month

I know I can catch a baht bus from Soi Buakhao to Walking Street (to the corner of beach road 2 and South Pattaya road, anyway).  Is there a baht bus that will bring me back to Soi Buakhao?  If so, where does one board this baht bus?

Given your preferred location and budget, a guesthouse is probably your best bet.

I'm sure other BM's will suggest their favourites - there are a number run by BM's.

Canterbury Tales, English Rose, Hunny Pot, Boomerang, China Garden........

Easiest way back to Buakhao from WS is to get a baht bus up Second Road then walk down Soi Diana or Soi Honey.

It is possible to get a baht bus up Pattaya Tai and north along Buakhao but they are far less frequent and often means using 2.

BTW, Baht buses are meant to be banned from Buakhao now but most take no notice.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 month isn't exactly long time but you should be able to negotiate rate slightly better than rack. H Boutique is pretty alright and midway down the alley

Given your preferred location and budget, a guesthouse is probably your best bet.

I'm sure other BM's will suggest their favourites - there are a number run by BM's.

Canterbury Tales, English Rose, Hunny Pot, Boomerang, China Garden........

Canterbury, English Rose China Garden are all on the other side (East side) of Soi Buakhao.  Problem with that is, that makes it fair bit of a walk to Beach road 2.

Easiest way back to Buakhao from WS is to get a baht bus up Second Road then walk down Soi Diana or Soi Honey.

It is possible to get a baht bus up Pattaya Tai and north along Buakhao but they are far less frequent and often means using 2.

BTW, Baht buses are meant to be banned from Buakhao now but most take no notice.

Yeah, that's what I have been doing so far, baht bus to beach road 2 and then walk.  Somewhat odd that the baht bus from Soi Buakhao to WS doesn't run in the reverse direction.

1 month isn't exactly long time but you should be able to negotiate rate slightly better than rack. H Boutique is pretty alright and midway down the alley

OK, I realize that now, 1 month isn't all that long compared to how long some stay here.  

H Boutique is perfectly located, but Agoda says it's 1271 B + 17% = 1487 B.  That's 44k per month.  I doubt they will give me a 60% discount to get close to my budget.

OK, I realize that now, 1 month isn't all that long compared to how long some stay here.  

H Boutique is perfectly located, but Agoda says it's 1271 B + 17% = 1487 B.  That's 44k per month.  I doubt they will give me a 60% discount to get close to my budget.

Plenty of cheap hotels down the soi and if it's only a question of have a place to crash it shouldn't be a problem to find one within you budget depend ofcourse what time you plan to arrive. Regardless, suggest you contact hotel directly and ask what they can offer.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/235890-rooms-at-the-hunny-pot-soi-honey/

Contact Al for monthly stays, highly recommended. 

My youtube channel .....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxoT31MMwxjrLmj6um_BnlA

2 Weeks in Jomtien trip report, photo heavy and videos.....  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307477-big-g-returns-2-weeks-in-november-photo-heavy-and-some-videos/

First trip report,more then 500 images.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/177415-small-trip-reportbut-heaps-of-photos500-plus/

http://www.diana-estate-pattaya-rentals.com/pictures--rates-of-meows-studios.html

A couple of these are in your price range. (Mines on there to but as its a larger one it's outside your budget and besides isn't ready yet).

Good wifi and I think most if not all have at least a microwave. Also 2 swimming pools, laundry and small restaurant onsite.

Diana estate looks pretty good..most of the place is no smoking,which is unusual.but ok with me!

Sounds like the Hunny Pot would suit you. Room pics, rates and BM reviews in the thread Big G posted above.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Blue Sky Group Ban Chang 0861415944 

https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Sky-Group-Ban-Chang-110095910415280

• 3 months later...
On 3/5/2017 at 3:19 AM, Kandinski said:

I tried H Boutique last July it had everything you need, price was nice too

2rd  the Base..... i checked rooms dir longer stay... little small but all things  inside and clean.... i think i would Stay there  if i would make more then one month...

You want quiet but want to stay on soi honey?

Yoi do know that LK is the next soi up from soi honey right?

Never stayed on soi honey but reading the many reviews on the hotels on that soi suggests that LK can be very much heard from the rooms on soi honey. 

5 hours ago, QUIM_SLAYER said:

Never stayed on soi honey but reading the many reviews on the hotels on that soi suggests that LK can be very much heard from the rooms on soi honey. 

Not if you stay at the front. At the back is a different story. 

18 minutes ago, angsta said:

Front? 

I could understand if you stayed on the right hand side if you're coming down from Buakhao.

6 hours ago, QUIM_SLAYER said:

The rooms facing Soi Honey are quieter than the ones at the back facing LK Metro

Archived