IGNORED

Crackdown on Tourist Exempt Visa Started

paul18620

I have seen reports that the IO at Sukhumvit airport have started to refuse entry to people who have had too many of these stamps in their passport and too many SETV as well ,it was also said he didn't have the 20,000 bhat on him to show, he did have a Thai ATM card but the IO wasn't interested so he has to now go and try PP and get a SETV and then go to Pattaya and sort things out that he needs to do.

Anyone else having any issues entering, if this continues things are looking bleak.

I have seen reports that the IO at Sukhumvit airport have started to refuse entry to people who have had too many of these stamps in their passport and too many SETV as well ,it was also said he didn't have the 20,000 bhat on him to show, he did have a Thai ATM card but the IO wasn't interested so he has to now go and try PP and get a SETV and then go to Pattaya and sort things out that he needs to do.

Anyone else having any issues entering, if this continues things are looking bleak.

Your post is a bit vague ... a link would help . 

People who have to many SETVs are refused entry and send to Phnom Penh to get another SETV ... ?

Don't see how that would help . 

You're allowed 3 visa exempts in a year so the guys on a one month on one month off can get into trouble

if they don't have an SETV .  

The number of SETVs from neighboring countries is limited to 3 from the same embassy . There's no limit 

on SETVs you can get from your home country though . 

If a guy isn't able to show 20kBht (or equivalent) on him he better is refused . 

I live in Cambodia and go to Pattaya for short trips every couple of months, I also go to UK once a year and have a week in Pattaya either side of the UK trip.

It looks like it will cause me problems then, I don't want to risk being refused entry if I am on my way to UK after a few days so I will maybe go via somewhere else!!

signaturesml.jpg.764ff137c2c3de0437af6705465cff7f.jpg   

Android APP       iPhone APP

Crackdown? If the OP is referring to a story I saw the other day, (if not my apologies) it was hardly a *crackdown*. A guy, a digital nomad guy, with a zillion tourist visas and visa waivers in his PP was asked to show cash.. also had no proof of onward travel... which has always been the case, if looking for a waiver... Granted it is not often asked for, but it has been a requirement for a long time... He couldn't and so was refused...

What was confusing in the story, was the IO wouldn't allow him in, but asked him to go pay for a ticket out of the place, after refusing him for no cash 555... TIT. I am guessing the IO had had a bad day or was just a straight up cunt, and the pax maybe got a little bit lippy... never a smart move. There are flare ups like this every now and then, but mostly at land crossings... I think it just goes with the territory of trying to live here on a visa (or waiver) when that is not the intention of those methods of entry.

IO's aren't dumb, and if they see a bloke blatantly taking the piss with visas and waivers, it is no surprise that from time to time they will react.

OK, that was interesting.... the reply I just wrote (above).... I formatted paragraphs as I went along, but when the post was posted ... no paragraphs? Also, the font has changed.... sure I have not changed settings this end

OK, that was interesting.... the reply I just wrote (above).... I formatted paragraphs as I went along, but when the post was posted ... no paragraphs? Also, the font has changed.... sure I have not changed settings this end

I think it's from the update last week a few ongoing problems.

Do the same rules apply to people entering on a 30 day Tourist Visa Exemption? And if so are we talking one calendar year or one 12 month period? If the latter this could be a problem for me as I entered twice in December though only spent a total of 6 days in Thailand (first visit was just a one day stopover on the way to Laos). It would mean my visit next month will have to be my last until January 18!

I live in Cambodia and go to Pattaya for short trips every couple of months, I also go to UK once a year and have a week in Pattaya either side of the UK trip. It looks like it will cause me problems then, I don't want to risk being refused entry if I am on my way to UK after a few days so I will maybe go via somewhere else!!

There is nothing going on which would cause you problems.....they know a Dodgy when they see one.    :P

From Paul's other posts about Visas I don't think he's the font of all wisdom on these matters somehow.    :rolleyes:

There is nothing going on which would cause you problems.....they know a Dodgy when they see one.    :P

From Paul's other posts about Visas I don't think he's the font of all wisdom on these matters somehow.    :rolleyes:

Your right I don't have a clue about visas.

As I am 1 of that guys who work 1 month on 1 month off ,but I have a visa from the country I work in ,so the IO knows I work there and not in Thailand.

So I was just seeing if anybody else was having issues as I just get the exempt visa as where I work there is no Thai Embassy /Consulate I can go to to get the SETV before I fly ,and my company only fly me to Thailand as this is where I spend my month off up in Issan with the girlfriend.

Your right I don't have a clue about visas.

As I am 1 of that guys who work 1 month on 1 month off ,but I have a visa from the country I work in ,so the IO knows I work there and not in Thailand.

So I was just seeing if anybody else was having issues as I just get the exempt visa as where I work there is no Thai Embassy /Consulate I can go to to get the SETV before I fly ,and my company only fly me to Thailand as this is where I spend my month off up in Issan with the girlfriend.

Except that the way you pitched your thread was as a scare story about a 'Crackdown' having started, with really nothing to back that up.

I'm not qualified to answer the Q you're now asking, but I think you may well have a problem.

Listening to a few offshore workers I know, experiences do vary, but basically Immi' don't give a FF where you work, even if you can prove it.

In fact quite often lately it seems that the Computer decides whether you can be admitted or not based on what entries are on the database.

To quote Darren of KeyVisa when these rules started to be applied a few months back "I have nothing to offer my off shore clients".

Flying in from home country or from a legitimate holiday in another country (subject to what Jerry said) appears to be no problem, but relying on Visa Waiver for under 50s (go for conversion to O then Extension etc) does seem to be a problem.

If a guy isn't able to show 20kBht (or equivalent) on him he better is refused . 

I have never been able to show that I have had 20000 on me on any of my entries. In this day and age how many people carry that amount when travelling between countries or have evidence that they have access to it?

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

This is totally irrelevant. Some in your situation have been told that they require a visa on their next visit.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Yes I know this but some people who actually have SETV are still getting refused entry.

Simple answer

dont fly into Sukhumvit

(pilots have a bastard of a job jiggling the landing gear between the traffic anyhow)

;)

That aside

If immo gets the idea that you're working in-country on Visa Waiver's etc the next step in their logical progression is to see the Song Muen (in cash)

Archived