IGNORED

Best 1,000THB hotel in town

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Blue sky pricing is almost always in the 1400-1800 category so not a fair comparison really. ( i spent 2 months waiting for that to drop below before booking for a stay there last month, never dropped below 1400)

True in some cases but I've often got Blue Sky much closer to B1000. In fact, my stay in April is at B6664 for 7 nights.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but to me, Nova Gold is a veto on location, particularly if the road there is not only long but unpleasant to walk.  I'm not comfortable on motorbike taxis and won't take them.

IMO near LK M is the best location - as well as the local bars & restaurants, baht buses are easy to/from there.  Could anyone with good suggestions of their best hotels at/under B1000 within 200 metres of soi Diana write them down here?

Sorry but to me, Nova Gold is a veto on location, particularly if the road there is not only long but unpleasant to walk.  I'm not comfortable on motorbike taxis and won't take them.

IMO near LK M is the best location - as well as the local bars & restaurants, baht buses are easy to/from there.  Could anyone with good suggestions of their best hotels at/under B1000 within 200 metres of soi Diana write them down here?

The road by the Nova Gold isn't unpleasant in my view. It is a simple 5 minute stroll along to Soi 6. What would be 'unpleasant' would be attempting to walk for 15 minutes in the heat to Pattaya Klang. Day-time and early evening, the free hotel Songhtawe runs however.

As I posted previously, if you are the sort of guy who wants to be around LK Metro all/most of the time, then it makes a lot of sense to book a hotel in that area.

In terms of your request I would recommend 2 Soi Honey hotels - H Boutique is under 1,200THB inc breakfast and Honey Inn is 1,250 inc breakfast. I can also recommend The Haven hotel/guesthouse on soi Lenkee at 800THB.

The road by the Nova Gold isn't unpleasant in my view. It is a simple 5 minute stroll along to soi 6. What would be 'unpleasant' would be attempting to walk for 15 minutes in the heat to Pattaya Klang. Day-time and early evening, the free hotel Songhtawe runs however.

As I posted previously, if you are the sort of guy who wants to be around LK Metro all/most of the time, then it makes a lot of sense to book a hotel in that area.

In terms of your request I would recommend 2 Soi Honey hotels - H Boutique is under 1,200THB inc breakfast and Honey Inn is 1,250 inc breakfast. I can also recommend The Haven hotel/guesthouse on soi Lenkee at 800THB.

A few people I know have stayed at the Haven and your review of it has shown it in good light. They have also had nothing but good things to say about the price 800 bhat and the cleanliness of the Haven. I nearly opted for it this trip but went for the Access Inn which I will do a full review on and post up.

As you have said it's purely down to where about people want to be located,however the Nova Gold certainly seems value for money.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Thanks for reply.  Do you know of any pics or reviews on this site of The Haven?  That's a new name to me.

I'm not really the sort of guy who wants to be around LKM all the time, it's just that it's easy to get anywhere else eg WS or Soi 6 from there by BB.  soi Diana is more about being in the centre of the action than LKM alone.  If alone, I'm happy to walk to or fro from WS - soi Diana any time, I like walking, but Diana - Soi 6 or Nova Gold seems a bit out of convenient walking range.

Seek and you shall find...the search function is your friend.

I started a thread on The Haven a while back. Note - I chose the smallest room at 800THB, 1,000THB gets you something a bit bigger.

The Haven in soi lenkee

Seek and you shall find...the search function is your friend.

I started a thread on The Haven a while back. Note - I chose the smallest room at 800THB, 1,000THB gets you something a bit bigger.

The Haven in soi lenkee

Thanks.  I've kind of given up on the Search function on this site - it just doesn't deliver the results you want.

Just a quick skim through your Haven photos suggests the obvious negative (to me) that the flat screen TV is mounted too high on the wall.  I like the TV lower on the wall or free standing so that I can connect my laptop to it and use it as a larger computer screen.  Can't expect perfection though!

Thanks.  I've kind of given up on the Search function on this site - it just doesn't deliver the results you want.

Just a quick skim through your Haven photos suggests the obvious negative (to me) that the flat screen TV is mounted too high on the wall.  I like the TV lower on the wall or free standing so that I can connect my laptop to it and use it as a larger computer screen.  Can't expect perfection though!

Agree that 'perfection' in terms of accommodation is unlikely to be achieved in an 800THB per night guesthouse...albeit a very good one like The Haven.

In terms of the search function, follow this tip and you should find it working well:

Tip: Search for a specific phrase by "enclosing it in quotes"

Sutus Court in low season was 880 baht last year. Rooms I thought were excellent value in LK area.

Nova Gold is indeed the perfect hotel under 1 000 bath , ideal for the pattaya savvy who know their way arround.

Only problem I encountered is the speed (or lack thereof) of the internet in the rooms.

I plan to go mostly on sois 7 and 8 next trip , but as Lottelee Winna said you can walk to end of Soi 6, grab a bath bus and get off at soi 7, 8 or all the way to Walking Street... easy once you know your way arround.

now to go to LK Metro, just get off the bath bus at mike shopping mall, enter the mall and get out at the opposite entry. then just walk in front of you, there will be a foodcourt and a steakhouse on your right side normally... a little bit walk and boom you see LK Metro lights.

I like to walk in pattaya to counter the effects of the food anyways...

also there are a big "all you can eat" food court near nova gold, and massage center like sabai dee 1 an 2. and if you like to walk, you can walk until you arrive to April Suites hotel (quick 5 min walk), there is a food court there too.

Jameson irish pub's orange juice is delightfull a bit pricey but hey you are on well deserved holidays !

excellent review Winna !

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:23 PM, SirL said:

I can recommend D hotel in a dead end soi off soi buachaw about 200m before Pattaya Klang. Its actually behind D Apartments same owners I'd say.

Its a new hotel in very quiet area apart from the rooster at the end of the soi. Rooms are big with nice furnishings, a couch and large fridge. Beds a bit hard but thats my only gripe.

Its 1000pn for standard room calculated on weekly stay otherwise 1200pn.

D Apartments just off Soi Buakhao (the new wing)..staying there again this coming trip!

Easy access to pretty much everything though the walk to WS is a bit far 555555555...Good helpful staff & nice clean rooms.

http://www.dapartment.com/

Lets keep to the thread. 

hotels and guest houses under 1000B.   Really would like to start a list of acceptable places. 

27 minutes ago, Bababoboman said:

Surprised no one has mentioned April Suites yet. Standard room can be had for 800-900.

Yes, April Suites is great value....top place for the money.

Staying In Nova Gold at the moment. Booked direct on the hotel site Monday morning and checked in on Tuesday! 8888 all in including breakfast for a week. Got a free upgrade to a Deluxe from the standard.
Have stayed here quite often earlier and everything is just the same, and I mean that in a good way, even though the walk to Amari for breakfast is a pain...
Great for the price...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9 people can't make a baby in one month

21 hours ago, singalong said:

Staying In Nova Gold at the moment. Booked direct on the hotel site Monday morning and checked in on Tuesday! 8888 all in including breakfast for a week. Got a free upgrade to a Deluxe from the standard.
Have stayed here quite often earlier and everything is just the same, and I mean that in a good way, even though the walk to Amari for breakfast is a pain...
Great for the price...

B8888 for a week is B1269 per night, which is a bit out of the price range of this thread, and now is getting towards low season.....

B8888 for a week is B1269 per night, which is a bit out of the price range of this thread, and now is getting towards low season.....

You're right about that, but, as I wrote, I booked it absolutely last minute. Rooms are available for next month for 1100 inclusive of breakfast according to the people in reception here...

1 hour ago, SirL said:

Searching on various sites last week, I priced Nova Gold (first week in May) at 900-980THB (inc tax).

On 3/14/2017 at 0:32 AM, felix the cat said:

D Apartments just off Soi Buakhao (the new wing)..staying there again this coming trip!

Easy access to pretty much everything though the walk to WS is a bit far 555555555...Good helpful staff & nice clean rooms.

http://www.dapartment.com/

Just grab baht bus going south on Soi Bukhaow and it will take you to WS and on the way home grab a baht bus lined up at 2nd Rd and S. Pattaya Rd and get off at New Plaza and walk straight through back to D Apartments.(if you don't stop for beers in New Plaza)  Easy.  I'm assuming baht buses are still running?  Walk to Central Festival(or Soi 7/8) in 5 mins and LK Metro in 10 mins.  Great location!

Thanks LW for the great thread and review.

I've stayed at Nova gold for 3 nights and can't fault it as a hotel, location was pain in the ass though as I miss-calculated the distance to Soi6 before booking, the fact that i dont ride motorbike taxis didnt help also. If Nova gold was located beside centara pattaya then the room would worth +2000 baht a night.

Recently I tend to prefer staying between 2nd road and beach road, which is considered premium location so I dont know any good 1k hotels there. Extra 300-400 baht would open wide range of nice options though.

5 hours ago, Diggsy said:

Thanks LW for the great thread and review.

I've stayed at Nova gold for 3 nights and can't fault it as a hotel, location was pain in the ass though as I miss-calculated the distance to soi6 before booking, the fact that i dont ride motorbike taxis didnt help also. If Nova gold was located beside centara pattaya then the room would worth +2000 baht a night.

Recently I tend to prefer staying between 2nd road and beach road, which is considered premium location so I dont know any good 1k hotels there. Extra 300-400 baht would open wide range of nice options though.

I agree that between 2nd rd and beach rd is a fantastic location.

We are all different I guess - personally, I found the 5-7minute stroll to Soi6 from Nova Gold OK.

I agree that between 2nd rd and beach rd is a fantastic location.
We are all different I guess - personally, I found the 5-7minute stroll to soi6 from Nova Gold OK.

Same here. Its a pretty easy stroll down from here to Soi 6. Like I said, the bit that I find a pain is dragging my sorry hungover ass To Amari Nova for breakfast... :)

I just stayed there for a week. The location is great. They have a nice big pool. The negatives are that the rooms are very dated, wifi is weak (I found that I can't depend on hotel wifi anymore and will now get a SIM and tether.. Another story), and no in room safe.

Archived