Joethescot

Golf trip report- would it be of interest?

farcanal

I'd tap that

IMG_0988.jpg

farcanal

Weird concoction for my Khao Kheow caddie...apparently good for a hangover...which she had.

I bottle Lipo, 2 bottles of Yokult....fuck that

IMG_0996.jpg

farcanal

....and....down the hatch

IMG_0998.jpg

farcanal

Land Of Smiles

IMG_0997.jpg

farcanal

Nice "easy" par 3, Khao Kheow

IMG_0999.jpg

farcanal

when ya gotta go...ya gotta go

IMG_1010.jpg

farcanal

That ball is headed for a watery demise

IMG_1013.jpg

farcanal

Lunch with a freeloader

IMG_1023.jpg

Joethescot

Farcanal, great photos of your past few rounds. I think these show why golf in Thailand is so popular. Good quality course,good weather and cadets who enjoy what they do.

which course do you enjoy the most? I'm a huge fan of Phoenix. I'm back in 21 days and your photos are just wetting my appetite for it.

good stuff 

farcanal
1 hour ago, Joethescot said:

Farcanal, great photos of your past few rounds. I think these show why golf in Thailand is so popular. Good quality course,good weather and cadets who enjoy what they do.

which course do you enjoy the most? I'm a huge fan of Phoenix. I'm back in 21 days and your photos are just wetting my appetite for it.

good stuff 

Our favourite has always been Laem Chabang but due to high price we decided to give it a miss this trip.

Our next is probably Khao Kheow, closely followed by Burapha, Phoenix and Pattana.....can't really separate these 3

Thanks for compliments.

I've done 15 trips and always have the little Canon "point and shoot" on my belt. (prefer a real camera as opposed to a phone)

I've got every trips photos in my computer.....always enjoy going back for a look.

Joethescot
3 hours ago, farcanal said:

Our favourite has always been Laem Chabang but due to high price we decided to give it a miss this trip.

Our next is probably Khao Kheow, closely followed by Burapha, Phoenix and Pattana.....can't really separate these 3

Thanks for compliments.

I've done 15 trips and always have the little Canon "point and shoot" on my belt. (prefer a real camera as opposed to a phone)

I've got every trips photos in my computer.....always enjoy going back for a look.

You must have seen some changes on the courses Over the past 15 years. Many good however any for the worst? Have you been up green valley lately,someone was telling me they where making big changes. 

farcanal
10 hours ago, Joethescot said:

You must have seen some changes on the courses Over the past 15 years. Many good however any for the worst? Have you been up green valley lately,someone was telling me they where making big changes. 

We played Rayong Green Valley last March..love the course , but also getting exxy.

Major earthworks around the 1st tee. I'll add some pics

We played Silky Oak this trip...for some reason the green fee was only 800 baht.

farcanal

Sorry, it was actually August last year

This is from the 1st tee

IMG_0646.jpg

farcanal

more earthworks

IMG_0647.jpg

farcanal

IMG_0648.jpg

farcanal

Last one

IMG_0649.jpg

Joethescot

I played Green Valley back in August as well and if you not a decent striker of the ball you weren't getting over the earth works to the fairway. Great photos.

warmn40s
On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:52 PM, farcanal said:

Land Of Smiles

eat2.jpg

warmn40s
On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:51 PM, farcanal said:

....and....down the hatch

No surprise to me that the "twisted" sisters have a hangover ... 555. if all caddies were like them everyone would be happy ... great company and great caddies. 

Skalliwag

Here's a couple recently found in an old box.

Cant believe these made the trip back to Canada.

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

farcanal
On 4/30/2017 at 10:58 PM, Skalliwag said:

Here's a couple recently found in an old box.

Cant believe these made the trip back to Canada.

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

Golf Trip Report Skalli!!.......the title is quite clear:)

ghafarbaba
On 4/20/2017 at 4:07 PM, farcanal said:

Thanks  farcanal for the very informative posts and great pics.

1) Do you usually book directly with the golf clubs? Or do you use a booking service like http://www.thailandgolfers.com/golf-courses/pattaya/?

2) What abt transportation?  Do you hire a van with driver to take your group the club?  Can you recommend any rental companies with a minibus big enough for 7?

Cheers

farcanal
13 hours ago, ghafarbaba said:

1) Do you usually book directly with the golf clubs? Or do you use a booking service like http://www.thailandgolfers.com/golf-courses/pattaya/?

2) What abt transportation?  Do you hire a van with driver to take your group the club?  Can you recommend any rental companies with a minibus big enough for 7?

Cheers

Hi mate, many thanks for your feedback.

My small group of 4 joined the Pattaya Sports Club  a few years ago. If you go into their website and click on "Golf Rates" a pdf file will come up with the rates for the previous month and the current month. Rates vary significantly , depending on the time of the year....much cheaper April through to about October and generally you will find the rates are the same for the same month every year...ie August last year similar to August this year. It's well worth going into the PSC office and joining, you will save heaps. Nomination is 500 and then an annual fee of 400. The office is up near 3rd road but most baht bus drivers will take you there and back for about 300 baht. You HAVE to pay cash to join, no idea why. When you arrive at the golf club you must produce your membership card for the discounts.

An example of how we do it.....We are booked to arrive in Pattaya August 12 2017.

I will check the rates for August on the 1st of August.

You will find many of the clubs have discounted days...meaning a club like Burapha will have a PSC member rate of 2000 baht but on Wednesday and Thursday they drop the rate to 700 baht. When you open up the rates schedule you will see these "sport" days rates over on the right hand side.

I book our golf direct with the clubs. Phone numbers are down the left hand side of the rates schedule or you can google the golf clubs and find an email address. I prefer to email them (not all clubs have an email) asking for a booking at a certain time. usually they will give you a time close to your preferred time. ALWAYS ask them to confirm by return email....and if they don't reply within a day, send another email. Before we arrive I will have our 10 games of golf booked.

As far as a taxi is concerned we use a lady called Itsara.....I'll find her email address and you can contact her.

She has excellent drivers, if she hasn't got a minivan I'm pretty sure she will know someone in the industry who has.

We pay between 1600 and 2200 baht for our taxi (depending on which golf club we're going to) and that is "hotel-golf-hotel". Our driver waits for us at the golf club to bring us back.

Hope this isn't too long winded....let me know if you need any more info. I'll get back to you with Itsaras email address

Cheers....farcanal

farcanal
15 hours ago, ghafarbaba said:

Cheers

Further to my last post   Itsaras phone number is +66899880411...her English is pretty good.

Email itsara_nok@hotmail.com

Just give her a rough idea of when you will be travelling and the type of vehicle you require. Ask her if she can recommend a minivan if she doesn't have one herself.

When I have my golf booked I email her for prices for each golf club...Laem Chabang is close so generally around 1600 baht...Emerald around 2000 baht.

The guy who picks us up is always ready before 7.00am even though I ask for a 7.30 pick up.

Enjoy

ghafarbaba

Thanks very much farcanal!  That's great info and will be a lot of help to us golf noobs!