Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Golf trip report- would it be of interest?

Clem Fandango

Day 6 ...Khao Kheow

GF 900 (PSC voucher), caddie 350 cart 600

Had a good run out, only 35 minutes but an hour to return...sometimes traffic is heavy.

Always enjoy Khao Kheow (I actually joined the caddie shag club with a lovely little spinner back in 2010)

Excellent condition, always lush and superb greens...except C9 and B9 are seriously tricky.....not hard to 3 putt both of these.

Their signature hole, the par 3 8th on the B nine, with the island green swallowed all of our balls today. Looks so easy and innocuous....until you step up to the plate. Funny how the grip suddenly tightens and the swing speed increases.

An excellent group of caddies, mine has a wicked sense of humour and they all know how to flirt. My caddie plays golf (off 24) and has a sweet swing. I've seen a video of her driving off....in a tiny mini skirt. Sadly , so far, she has resisted my charms.

Awesome views from the restaurant

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely Mee

IMG_0848.jpg

Full of cheek

IMG_0866.jpg

Jazz and Mee

IMG_0859.jpg

Can't resist these butts

IMG_0846.jpg

Mai

IMG_0849.jpg

Hard at work....I "lost" 4 umbrellas this trip

IMG_0864.jpg

Day 7 Phoenix

GF 1100 (PSC voucher) caddie 350, cart 700

40 minutes travel time.

A couple of regular caddies, numbers 315 and 324 Miy and Tong. Miy has been my regular for a few years.....I've tried many times to coax her back to my bed but she tells me she has a very protective  23 yr old son who simply would not allow it. She says if not for the son she would be keen.....reckons she hasn't had sex for 10 years.

Great golf course, gets better and better.....they're really keen to be one of the best. The greens are huge and lightning quick. We had a shitload of 3 putts. And the bunkers are sooooo soft..plenty of half buried balls.

Had to walk to our balls from the cart paths...no carts on the cut surface. Pain in the arse for us old farts but understandable for looking after the fairways. This is same at Siam courses

This was the 1st club to ban food and drink being brought in....which pisses me off a bit because the food available is very sparse and limited. No probs with drinks....a good selection.

Huge clubhouse, excellent restaurant and good food. And a nice touch, a 4 seater cart takes us back to the car park where our taxi is waiting. Pattana also do this.

Pics to follow

Miy and Tong

IMG_0872.jpg

My Miy

IMG_0871.jpg

Good luck Bill

IMG_0875.jpg

Nup....still there

IMG_0876.jpg

Farewell wai

IMG_0878.jpg

bye bye girls

IMG_0879.jpg

1 hour ago, farcanal said:

Day 7 Phoenix

GF 1100 (PSC voucher) caddie 350, cart 700

40 minutes travel time.

A couple of regular caddies, numbers 315 and 324 Miy and Tong. Miy has been my regular for a few years.....I've tried many times to coax her back to my bed but she tells me she has a very protective  23 yr old son who simply would not allow it. She says if not for the son she would be keen.....reckons she hasn't had sex for 10 years.

Great golf course, gets better and better.....they're really keen to be one of the best. The greens are huge and lightning quick. We had a shitload of 3 putts. And the bunkers are sooooo soft..plenty of half buried balls.

Had to walk to our balls from the cart paths...no carts on the cut surface. Pain in the arse for us old farts but understandable for looking after the fairways. This is same at Siam courses

This was the 1st club to ban food and drink being brought in....which pisses me off a bit because the food available is very sparse and limited. No probs with drinks....a good selection.

Huge clubhouse, excellent restaurant and good food. And a nice touch, a 4 seater cart takes us back to the car park where our taxi is waiting. Pattana also do this.

Pics to follow

I;ve only played this course a few times but never had a problem with bringing in a few small bottles of water to drink on the course . True the sign is very visible stating no outside food or drink with a possible $500 baht fine , I don;t know how they would plan on collecting the $500 baht but it is moot as I haven't seen them

enforcing the policy . Also ridiculous policy of buggies being restricted to cart paths when conditions do not warrant it . I saw a few carts with red flags but even they were not allowed on the fairway only the rough . Not only does the red flag allow you onto the rough but it allows the caddy to drive up much closer to the greens than would normally be allowed , 

The very narrow fairways and the scrubby rough combined with fluffy bunkers that are very punitive make it a difficult tract for higher handicappers. 

I am really enjoying your reports and photos which always add to any report. Agree on Phoniex superb course best I played when I was last in town.

30 days until I am golfing in LOS.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

14 hours ago, Joethescot said:

I am really enjoying your reports and photos which always add to any report. Agree on Phoniex superb course best I played when I was last in town.

30 days until I am golfing in LOS.

Thanks Joe...got a few more to come.

Day 8 Burapha

No discounts here apart from the reduced PSC rate.

GF 2000, caddie 350 cart 600

Travel time a short 25 minute taxi ride.

Had our usual set of caddies, number 170 (Hong) plays off 7 hcp, so really knows her golf,  and an attractive girl to boot. 207, Nang, pretty cute also......after 6 0r 7 holes she asks old Bill...."...why you say fuck all the time" Out of the mouths of babes.

Burapha is always immaculate, 36 holes , so we never know which 18 we'll be playing, some seriously long par 4's over 400 yards from the whites. Excellent greens and enough water and bunkers to make an interesting day. Love this golf course.

This club has now adopted the "no food or drink" policy....but ok to take an empty esky to fill with ice...IF ice is available. Today there was a shortage. The usual lack of decent snack food available from the refreshment huts.

The lovely Hong....7 hcp

IMG_0887.jpg

Nang...full of cheek....30 years oldIMG_0882.jpg

Som...just a tad too young for me....lovely girl nevertheless

IMG_0979.jpg

For some reason the camera didn't come out much at Burapha

Day 9..back to Emerald.

Same price as before 1950 all up

Got stuck in the same road works again!!! 1 hour 15 to get to golf...but no problem, hardly anyone playing today.

Same 4 caddies...plenty of laughs with this lot....full of cheek.

More pics to follow.

whoops...only one pic...someones caddie trying to play pool with my family jewels.

IMG_0892.jpg

Day 10 Royal Thai Navy course or Plutaluang

Cost all up 1450 baht...always excellent value

Got a serve from my regular caddie who I booked thru the pro shop...apparently I'm supposed to call her direct. It was her day off but she arranged for her sister (name Bong) to fill in for her. Now, there's a double act I'd like to be part of.

Another caddie in the group with a lower hcp (13) than all of us.

Part of the attraction of Navy is the price but most of the time the course is in ok condition. Some of the fairways and green surrounds were very wet, not sure if from rain or severe over watering. 36 holes so a choice of where we want to play. The caddies here will usually choose 2 nines that aren't so busy. There's an interesting par 3 over water with a Lighthouse at the back of the green. We didn't get to play this nine today. 

We played the East and South nines....hole 8 (17th) on the south nine is a short narrow par 4 with a ridiculous Out of Bounds down the right. Can't see the point in this except there's a tee box on the next fairway close to the tree line between the 2 fairways. Anyway, that's golf and you have to play the course as it is.

Always go back to Navy every trip...sometimes we go there twice in one trip.

Archived